ADVERTISEMENT

Meltdown Mode - Begin

ivyhillpark1963...regarding NgaNga so you think he played well? For 12 minutes he was on the court he had 1 rebound and 1 assist. No points. This from a 6'10" forward.

Your bar for playing well is set very low.

Reactions: LBP43
ivyhillpark1963...regarding NgaNga so you think he played well? For 12 minutes he was on the court he had 1 rebound and 1 assist. No points. This from a 6'10" forward.

Relative to how he looked on the court in other games, he looked a bit better. I think that's what the poster was saying.

Just because it doesn't show up in the stat line doesn't mean he didn't play well. His length really disrupted his opponent and comeon he was on the floor during that 17-0 run.

I saw a better player in last years Elija Muhhamad who at least could rebound, and dunk. Sha gave up on him and now he is gone. I just don't see a better player so far in NgaNga. For his size he should at least be a force rebounding, blocking shots and dunking. He looks soft and wants to play point guard.

I've written that I am not big fan of this staff; yet I think Shaheen was the heir apparent to Willard all along. And it is known we are not a place-of-interest to prospective head coaches. When we hired Willard in 2009, we couldn't get Cooley at Fairfield to return our calls, and he was much hotter name than Willard. He chose to remain in MAAC than jump to us.
My biggest disappointment in Holloway is that he didn't bring in better players in year one---or line them up for year 2--- when he was the darling of the coaching profession. Most here responded by saying "trust in Shaheen; he knows what he's doing.'
Shaheen was announced in what april/may. Recruitimg for 2023 waa over at that point

I saw a better player in last years Elija Muhhamad who at least could rebound, and dunk. Sha gave up on him and now he is gone. I just don't see a better player so far in NgaNga. For his size he should at least be a force rebounding, blocking shots and dunking. He looks soft and wants to play point guard.
Nothing is ran for nganga so hes gotta defend and rebound. Hard to see him as much of a post defender either

Very untrue about Cooley - KW was a hot prospect and proved a good hire
I thought wanting to hire kw was a stupid rumor cause i never considered him high major ready. It took time but ultimately he was. As i remember we were kinda shocked when he got hired.

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
I thought wanting to hire kw was a stupid rumor cause i never considered him high major ready. It took time but ultimately he was. As i remember we were kinda shocked when he got hired.
KW had big backing from Pitino and his Father --but his biggest advocate was the newly hired AD

Shaheen was announced in what april/may. Recruitimg for 2023 waa over at that point
Our entire freshman class for 2023-24 -- Coleman, Tubek, Brown and Ozdogan -- committed in April or later this year. Last year Sha got Tae Davis to flip from Louisville.

I'm not saying he should have been expected to pull in a top 10 2022-23 class but there are players available at that point.

KW had big backing from Pitino and his Father --but his biggest advocate was the newly hired AD
If you're referring to Lyons, he was hired after Willard. Quinlan was the AD (in name only at that point) and Hobbs ran the coaching search.

Our entire freshman class for 2023-24 -- Coleman, Tubek, Brown and Ozdogan -- committed in April or later this year. Last year Sha got Tae Davis to flip from Louisville.

I'm not saying he should have been expected to pull in a top 10 2022-23 class but there are players available at that point.

If you're referring to Lyons, he was hired after Willard. Quinlan was the AD (in name only at that point) and Hobbs ran the coaching search. Lyons was the real target ( for a while)--
Not arguing with You TheHall87 -- I am very aware of what was taking place at a real bad time for the Athletic Department and SHU -- Interesting that I just read Quinlan recently retired from Columbia

Perhaps, just perhaps, Cooley knew his hometown school's job was about to open up.
Adrian Griffin wanted the job when he was an NBA assistant. McCaffrey I'm sure interviewed - who knows - but probably wanted to get out of the area. Fans at Iowa have complained on the boards about his lack of killing it in the NCAAs.

Sha went to the Elite 8 with St. Peter's - made NCAA history as a 15 seed to do this. Let's repeat that early and often. Fran in 12 years at Iowa has never been to the Sweet 16 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and this with some 1st round NBA talent.

McCaffrey has coached Iowa to six appearances in the Big Dance. But each Hawkeyes appearance ended in a first weekend elimination.

Sound familiar? Willard with less did much more, even if we think he should have gone further with the Angel/Whitehead gang, just giving credit where credit is due.

Reactions: cubbob and LBP43

No, he played within himself and made a nice pass to Coleman for a dunk. With more reps he will be good, I think. Very talented out of HS before an injury - top 25 HS player by some accounts.

Some top schools who don't need to take a risk backed off, which is why he became Boise State's highest ranked recruit ever.

Not arguing with You TheHall87 -- I am very aware of what was taking place at a real bad time for the Athletic Department and SHU -- Interesting that I just read Quinlan recently retired from Columbia
I'm not sure what there is to argue about. Willard was hired in March 2010 and Lyons in March 2011. If I'm misinterpreting what you said, I apologize in advance.

I'd certainly believe Lyons was a major advocate for Willard. I'm sure he knew Kevin was as good as gone from Iona whether it was at that time or shortly thereafter.

FYI, Joe Q is now at Caldwell in a Development and Alumni Affairs role.

Just hope your post doesn't do the double reverse jinx.
I'm thinking you just resurrected the long forgotten post which no one cared about and added the specter of a jinx..... it's kind of like a triple reverse jinx now....... NOW.. I'm really worried.... lol

Just hope your post doesn't do the double reverse jinx.
I guess that makes sense because a double reverse would put you in the same positive direction.

and my reply wasnt about a tournament run but just the general direction of the year. Yes the players are the ones that are winning the games but you can see Sha's mark on the game more then any other coach that we have seen in a long time.

Reactions: SHUSource
What’s amazing about this thread is while everyone got sh-t (and rightly so) for that awful game against Rutgers and on the heels of bad performances against other P6 schools, then we had the Monmouth game which was a mess! Then only a week later we control Connecticut on December 20th and start the BE 6-1. Sometimes it happens way, but it’s insane how instantly it turned around because the team wasn’t trending upward with its level of play.

Whatever Sha did after this game starting with using the bench against Monmouth worked. Some of the players have alluded to it, mainly saying some real honest discussions.

I guess that makes sense because a double reverse would put you in the same positive direction.

and my reply wasnt about a tournament run but just the general direction of the year. Yes the players are the ones that are winning the games but you can see Sha's mark on the game more then any other coach that we have seen in a long time.

Lighten up. Was making a joke in jest.

the biggest frauds came out on this post. the poster who @s me every two seconds because hes in love with willard and crapped on sha with his one highschool source that said something sometime. brilliant.

sha has willed this team to 3rd place contention and ncaa contention. amazing. we are lucky to have a guy like that. despite what mr highschool source says, NIL is real and shu will essentially be fought from phased out because of him.

Lol.... Another one who talks a big game to make himself sound important but can't back it up.
take a look at the username. almost like he's been rooting for sha to lose this whole time. his sources oh my!!

take a look at the username. almost like he's been rooting for sha to lose this whole time. his sources oh my!!
You’re the one who says our big men aren’t BE quality and took a shot at Wusus literal intelligence

I have sources and stick by them…maybe sha turned it around..maybe the players picked it up..the assistant I know from Miami knows many many many local recruits and not too many of them were fans of our style

I’ve said 1000x Sha will be successful if he gets his type ot player and gets buy in

You shouldn’t even be on this board you’re a troll

You were so anti Willard that you just fake post pro-Sha to take shots at KW and the school and the players

How much NIL have you given?

Also rem when you said the school messed up and lost Sha

Or when you said we blew a game up 14 pts with the ball

You’re a fraud and should be kicked off this site

And my name has nothing to do with Willard you moron it’s my SHU name

You’re the one who says our big men aren’t BE quality and took a shot at Wusus literal intelligence

I have sources and stick by them…maybe sha turned it around..maybe the players picked it up..the assistant I know from Miami knows many many many local recruits and not too many of them were fans of our style

I’ve said 1000x Sha will be successful if he gets his type ot player and gets buy in

You shouldn’t even be on this board you’re a troll

You were so anti Willard that you just fake post pro-Sha to take shots at KW and the school and the players

How much NIL have you given?

Also rem when you said the school messed up and lost Sha

Or when you said we blew a game up 14 pts with the ball

You’re a fraud and should be kicked off this site

And my name has nothing to do with Willard you moron it’s my SHU name
You two crack me up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT