ADVERTISEMENT

Meltdown Mode - Begin

HallGuy23

Senior
Jun 3, 2020
if Sha wasn’t a program legend we’d all be calling for him to be fired. His first two years have been a complete waste with no vision. Mismatched rosters. Nobody has improved under him. Kadary is the same exact player as 3 years ago, Dawes worse, Mr. NY Sanders can’t get off the bench as a sophomore on a pathetic shooting team. I thought Sha was supposed to work wonders with guards… Only getting middle of the road recruits. UGLY.

Lots of things to work on. Sha needs to focus on offense. Very little team work tonight. We are so predictable. The veterans do not pass the ball to Sanders who was open on the wing often but never got a kick out.

We also were outrebounded by a poor rebounding team--on our home floor.

The real unexpected difference tonight was JMike Davis, the freshman making his first start. Richmond is a matchup nightmare, and I thought that the only one who could slow him down a bit was A. Williams. Then Williams was a late scratch. Davis stepped in and made Richmond work hard for his 21 points, and I don’t think Williams would’ve done much better. But Davis had a much better stat line on offense than Williams would’ve had, so the loss really turned into a positive. With only three active guards on the roster, I don’t think RU could have won without the Davis coming out party.

All SHU needed to do tonight was shoot for average from FT (70%) and 3pt range (33%) and they win this game. The problem is that we’ve been shooting like shit from 3 all season long, so not a surprise.

Reactions: mbraue and Seton00
Dawes attempted 15 three pointers… 12 misses…
That's inexcusable. That would have been inexcusable from Myles Powell. It certainly shouldn't be excused from Dawes.

Sha was my favorite player in SHU history. I love the guy. And I'm certainly not calling for his job or anything like that, but he has a LOT of work to do. The body language of our guys on the court doesn't impress me. The playcalling doesn't impress me. The shot selection certainly doesn't impress me.

Maybe it's just me and when I choose to focus on it, but Sha doesn't seem to politick the refs too much during the game. It's a fine line for sure, but I always felt that the good ones pushed that as far as they could get away with it. I never seem to see all that much of it from him.

TLDR version; nothing impresses me about this program anymore except for Kadary, and even him....probably the least impressive leader and "best player" we have had in nearly 10 years. No shortage of talent, but I'm not seeing leadership on the court from him or anyone.

There was a stretch in the second half when the game was down to 5 or 6. We had about 3-4 consecutive possessions where we bombed and couldn’t take the game back.
Kadary and Davis attacking the rim short range was working for us and allowed that lead to be cut. Every time we were on the cusp, Dawes or someone else took an ill advised three pointer. Should have stuck to what worked, which is also what worked when they cut it down at the end.

Reactions: Piratz
There was a stretch in the second half when the game was down to 5 or 6. We had about 3-4 consecutive possessions where we bombed and couldn’t take the game back.
Every player seemed tentative or unsure about shooting it from the perimeter, except, of course, Dawes.

Reactions: Piratz
Lots of things to work on. Sha needs to focus on offense. Very little team work tonight. We are so predictable. The veterans do not pass the ball to Sanders who was open on the wing often but never got a kick out.

We also were outrebounded by a poor rebounding team--on our home floor.
To lose to a mediocre Rutgers team at home is really embarrassing.

100% on Sha not even debatable
Not to make excuses but he doesn't have the players outside of KR.He needs a breakthrough recruiting class like Willard with Whitehead,Delgado,Carrington,Desi,Sanogo to make a step up if that's even possible for SHU NIL wise today.Next year will be critical for Sha's future.

Guys don’t worry. The insiders think we have more depth and a better roster than last year.
might as well call out the buffoons who thought getting Seton Hall to the tournament year in and year out was an easy task. Losing in the first round is just unacceptable here. We can easily do better. Where those people at? Long, long, long road ahead. Hopefully the journey is worth it but damn it won’t be easy.

Most everyone would sign up for a 20 win season and first round loss today.

These are the two reasons we lost last night.

Obviously Holloway’s fault for coaching them to *miss* free throws instead of making them, or to brick wide-open threes again and again.
Clearly. Here in south orange they run suicides for making them in practice.

might as well call out the buffoons who thought getting Seton Hall to the tournament year in and year out was an easy task. Losing in the first round is just unacceptable here. We can easily do better. Where those people at? Long, long, long road ahead. Hopefully the journey is worth it but damn it won’t be easy.

Most everyone would sign up for a 20 win season and first round loss today.
I’m certainly not going to give Holloway and less time to construct *his* rebuild than I enthusiastically granted Willard, especially with Holloway dealing with realities out if his control such as “NIL” that Willard never had to deal with.

And let’s not pretend this is not a full rebuild. That other guy stopped recruiting a couple years before bolting.

Every player seemed tentative or unsure about shooting it from the perimeter, except, of course, Dawes.
A friend of mine at the game kept saying this exact thing, "They're not ready to shoot, they're fumbling around every time. They look jittery and unorganized."

Reactions: Burnsly
Meltdown and then some. The sky is falling the sky is falling!

Actually the Pirates caught a team that does not shoot 3 pointers very well, and does not make free throws on a night when they surprised everyone including their fan base.

Sure Dawes had another horrendous night offensively...he was offensive and our free throw shooting was not up to our standards but these are all fixable. I expect our free throw shooting to rebound. The answer to the Dawes issue is to have him come off the bench as he is pressing and now he has become a liability until he sets himself right. There are several options to replace Dawes in the starting lineup.

On that note I'm not sure Dyan should be starting either and maybe coming off the bench would be a good move for him too.

I’m certainly not going to give Holloway and less time to construct *his* rebuild than I enthusiastically granted Willard, especially with Holloway dealing with realities out if his control such as “NIL” that Willard never had to deal with.

And let’s not pretend this is not a full rebuild. That other guy stopped recruiting a couple years before bolting.
Stopped recruiting? I think his recruiting philosophy was to stay veteran. Transfer after transfer. McKnight, Gill, Ike, Richmond, Harris, Aiken, Jackson, Molson, Yetna and who can forget TT.

Again, missed FTs, 3 pters etc is apart of the game. Our biggest issue is over TWO years they don’t buy in and they tune him out..it is obvious..that’s a huge red flag..goes along with other things I’ve heard from basically the beginning.

We are seeing now why people here said SHU wanted no part of him UNTIL “the run” made it impossible to ignore.

He still isn’t through year two but we are non competitive in probably 30-40% of real games over this season plus..that’s outrageous..plus things I’ve heard about perception of program…looks terrible

Stopped recruiting? I think his recruiting philosophy was to stay veteran. Transfer after transfer. McKnight, Gill, Ike, Richmond, Harris, Aiken, Jackson, Molson, Yetna and who can forget TT.
That philosophy became a philosophy bc he swung and missed on every target out of highschool in 18,19,20

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
How dark blue were your glasses that day?!?! WOOF
I noted it was a 2 hour practice. I posted what I saw. Is there something different I should have done? The blue glasses as you so childish note had nothing to do with my comments.

You can only communicate on the event of that individual day and a reason that as I also posted you have to take that into consideration.

BTW, I also said that Bediako was very impressive that day. But of course that probably slipped your attention.

Again, missed FTs, 3 pters etc is apart of the game. Our biggest issue is over TWO years they don’t buy in and they tune him out..it is obvious..that’s a huge red flag..goes along with other things I’ve heard from basically the beginning.

We are seeing now why people here said SHU wanted no part of him UNTIL “the run” made it impossible to ignore.

He still isn’t through year two but we are non competitive in probably 30-40% of real games over this season plus..that’s outrageous..plus things I’ve heard about perception of program…looks terrible
The effort, or lack thereof, is incredibly alarming and telling. He’s supposed to be the motivator of all motivators. What gives?

I don't think last night had anything to do with lack of effort. The execution and shot making from the arc and the line was terrible.

Conversely, Rutgers uncharacteristically hit their free throws and shots from distance. Credit them for doing last night what they haven't done all year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT