ADVERTISEMENT

NIkki Haley is #2

She would be a great role model and deserving to be the first female POTUS. Will be interesting to see if the MSM acknowledges that she’s a minority, daughter of immigrant parents, self-made leader.

She doesn’t have a chance. Since Trump views DeSantis as the major contender that will enter the race, Trump benefits from having multiple people in the race. His core base routs in a big field.

She doesn’t have a chance. Since Trump views DeSantis as the major contender that will enter the race, Trump benefits from having multiple people in the race. His core base routs in a big field.
Have heard Republicans will NOT have a big field to prevent that from happening. We’ll see. Do you not like her as a candidate?

What would happen if DeSantis chooses not to run and a certain ex-US Senator from Pennsylvania is her VP choice?

Tend to disagree on that. I think she has a very good chance. Desantis will fade eventually. He just doesn’t have the temperament or charisma needed. Haley, along with checking all of the experience boxes you’d want has both.

Will be interesting to see how Trump deals with her being in the race.

Wasnt bobby jindal the next rising star of gop and indian heritage?

Nikki shares trump core

Last edited:
Have heard Republicans will NOT have a big field to prevent that from happening. We’ll see. Do you not like her as a candidate?

What would happen if DeSantis chooses not to run and a certain ex-US Senator from Pennsylvania is her VP choice?
Im not impressed with her at all. She tries to be on the fence as being a MAGA candidate and moderate. Also, I don't see the charisma factor there. She is not even the second choice of the MAGA folk. Maybe I am wrong but we will see.

Now if you said to me a guy like Hogan or Sununu enters the race, that could make it more interesting since they are not MAGA Republicans. They represent a completely different constituency. For the good of the country, I would like to see candidates like Hogan and Sununu.

Reactions: Merge
Sununu would be a strong candidate. I'm not sure about Haley. I think her time was 6-8 years ago.

Im not impressed with her at all. She tries to be on the fence as being a MAGA candidate and moderate. Also, I don't see the charisma factor there. She is not even the second choice of the MAGA folk. Maybe I am wrong but we will see.

Now if you said to me a guy like Hogan or Sununu enters the race, that could make it more interesting since they are not MAGA Republicans. They represent a completely different constituency. For the good of the country, I would like to see candidates like Hogan and Sununu.

She seemed like she just didn't want to piss off his base of voters.
Weak as far as being a "leader" but better for her political future overall. She may have an easier time getting the MAGA crowd on board compared to someone who has been more vocal in their opposition to Trump.

I like Hogan and Sununu. I think both will enter the race but not sure they have the national appeal.

I’ll take a stab at this. Make up a disparaging nickname and act like a petulant child on social media?

I honestly think she's one of the few he won't do that with.
Guarantee the day anyone else announces, he will be attacking them but she seemed to get a pass so far.

That may change if she starts moving up in the polls of course, but I'm not sure it gets to the normal Trump level of disparaging comments. He likes her.

I honestly think she's one of the few he won't do that with.
Guarantee the day anyone else announces, he will be attacking them but she seemed to get a pass so far.

That may change if she starts moving up in the polls of course, but I'm not sure it gets to the normal Trump level of disparaging comments. He likes her.
As you said, until she’s a threat.

Reactions: HALL85
As much as the Democrats would like to see Trump run, I don't see him winning the nomination. Pence has no chance of winning. Cruz's time has passed

I see the president, the vice president and cabinet coming out of a mix of:

DeSantis
Pompeo
Haley
Noem
Scott

Youngkin and Gabbard possibly in the cabinet.

My choice would be:

Pompeo - POTUS
DeSantis - VPOTUS, then POTUS in 8 years
Haley - Secy of State, and possible VPOTUS in 8 years under DeSantis.

Can't say who would make sense for Secy of Defence.

I'd never vote for Pompeo. Not a guy you want in the Oval Office.

What do you base that on?

Not a fan of some of his foreign policy positions. Too much of a hawk for my taste, although I generally agree with him on China. He also bent the knee towards Trump in order to advance his personal ambitions instead of standing by his initial views of the former president, which were not so kind.

She seemed like she just didn't want to piss off his base of voters.
Weak as far as being a "leader" but better for her political future overall. She may have an easier time getting the MAGA crowd on board compared to someone who has been more vocal in their opposition to Trump.

I like Hogan and Sununu. I think both will enter the race but not sure they have the national appeal.
Always liked Hogan. Unfortunately, the MSM likes to dismiss him for obvious reasons.

Regarding Haley, isn’t the first strategy to get elected? I guess she could call MAGA supporters a “basket of deplorables”, but I recall that didn’t work out to well….

I think Nikki Haley would be a great president but her path to the nomination is tough. However, as a VP for DeSantis??

Regarding Haley, isn’t the first strategy to get elected?

Yes. I don't blame her for it. She's playing the game she needs to play to position herself to win.

There will be others who run like Hogan for example that were not quite as politically calculated… but he’s not going to win.

I think Nikki Haley would be a great president but her path to the nomination is tough. However, as a VP for DeSantis??

do think she is a strong candidate to have on either spot.

Desantis is just not that guy though. Desperate to jump into the culture war of the day, he just announced no sales tax on gas stoves… something that barely anyone in the state uses. He’s a joke. He’s going to fizzle out quickly if he enters the race.

Reactions: SHUSA

Desantis is just not that guy though. Desperate to jump into the culture war of the day, he just announced no sales tax on gas stoves… something that barely anyone in the state uses. He’s a joke. He’s going to fizzle out quickly if he enters the race.
I agree that he is a joke with all these culture wars he enters into. Such silliness. But, the base loves that stuff and that’s why I don’t think he will fizzle and he will be the only candidate that has a chance to beat Trump as the nominee.

This is where I'm starting to go as well regarding DeSantis. I don't think he's a "joke," but he's been too much into the divisive nonsense, especially lately. Might be getting drunk on the power he won in November....

Reactions: SHUSA
This is where I'm starting to go as well regarding DeSantis. I don't think he's a "joke," but he's been too much into the divisive nonsense, especially lately. Might be getting drunk on the power he won in November....
DeSantis might be more important for the party at this point to stay as Gov. of Florida to help the Presidential candidate not named Trump. His wife was just diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago (very young age - 40 to be battling that even though she is in remission now) and they have three young children. That's a major life changing event and maybe a compromise they are unwilling to make to run.

Yeah, just bad political instincts in my opinion. Could have easily just called out this issue as dumb and then talk about why all of the residents are leaving NY for Florida, and invited more to come down and enjoy gas cooking. Make a joke of it and move on, but to actually stop sales tax on gas stoves? Seems way overboard for something that really doesn't impact Florida at all.

I just really don't think he has the temperament to last through a cycle.

Yeah, just bad political instincts in my opinion. Could have easily just called out this issue as dumb and then talk about why all of the residents are leaving NY for Florida, and invited more to come down and enjoy gas cooking. Make a joke of it and move on, but to actually stop sales tax on gas stoves? Seems way overboard for something that really doesn't impact Florida at all.

I just really don't think he has the temperament to last through a cycle.
The criticism on DeSantis is that he has not done much (interviews, put himself out there on a national stage). Some of the stuff he does comes across highly partisan like you said, but on the other hand he did embrace Biden after the hurricane and flipping Dade and Broward County and his margin of victory in a state that had been turning purple was pretty incredible. He also has the most impeccable resume in terms of experience and accomplishments of anyone. Bright guy that's not afraid to take action.

A big question mark as to how that projects nationally especially since he has not done much of anything outside of Florida.

on the other hand he did embrace Biden after the hurricane and flipping Dade and Broward County and his margin of victory in a state that had been turning purple was pretty incredible. He also has the most impeccable resume in terms of experience and accomplishments of anyone. Bright guy that's not afraid to take action.

Exactly! He has a great resume. He should be running on that and stay out of the weeds trying to fight his way into all of these dumb divisive issues. The fact that he can't seem to help himself is why I think he has poor political instincts and won't last through a primary cycle. Obviously that's just my opinion... and he has plenty of time to position himself better, I'm just not seeing it.

Exactly! He has a great resume. He should be running on that and stay out of the weeds trying to fight his way into all of these dumb divisive issues. The fact that he can't seem to help himself is why I think he has poor political instincts and won't last through a primary cycle. Obviously that's just my opinion... and he has plenty of time to position himself better, I'm just not seeing it.
But does he? He won the last election in a landslide. He navigated COVID better than most Governors balancing safety and keeping the economy running.

Now the big question is can he transform himself to being a national figure. That’s a pivot that he will have to navigate.

He navigated COVID better than most Governors balancing safety and keeping the economy running.

That's the pitch anyway. Not sure that will hold up as well on state next to others like Hogan or Sununu.

Now the big question is can he transform himself to being a national figure.

Right, that's what I have been wondering and so far my opinion is that he will not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT