ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forfeit rule has become a bad idea. Why not st least sttemog to rescheduke

Ohio State's program is 100% vaccinated per this article from October:

This madness needs to stop. Stop testing healthy people. Play the games.
That’s great if all “healthy” people lived in a bubble but who knows who else they may be living with.
Maybe someone that can’t get the vaccine or refuses to get it.
I work in a hospital and we have 6x the cases we had just 2 weeks ago and still going up.

Do you want the hospitals to fill up again so people miss out on heart surgeries and cancer treatments?

That’s great if all “healthy” people lived in a bubble but who knows who else they may be living with.
I work in a hospital and we have 6x the cases we had just 2 weeks ago and still going up.

Do you want the hospitals to fill up again so people miss out on heart surgeries and cancer treatments?

Someone who refuses to get it is not my problem or anyone else's. They can make their own decision and deal with any consequences.

Instead of rationing or refusing care and firing workers, hospitals should expand capacity.

And here we go Cleveland State cancels games vs Kent State and Duke.

Bubble time

There are several therapeutic treatments for the disease. I don't hear much about those from our public figureheads, why does it seem like it's hospital or nothing?

Reactions: CaptBob and shu09
Someone who refuses to get it is not my problem or anyone else's. They can make their own decision and deal with any consequences.

Instead of rationing or refusing care and firing workers, hospitals should expand capacity.
You must not be in healthcare.
Hospitals have a hard enough time turning a profit and keeping the doors open, and you are asking them to expand? We can barely provide enough parking for patients at my hospital.

Hospitals in the southern states were “expanding” to their parking lots to treat patients. Do you want to risk the chance of recovering from your cardiac bypass in the parking garage?

We had to convert our cafeteria into a possible COVID ward last Spring just in case we ran out of rooms.

I wonder who predicted this? Oh yes that was me. And everyone on the LOTS board was calling me a moron for saying this season would be greatly affected by the pandemic.

Hospitals have a hard enough time turning a profit and keeping the doors open, and you are asking them to expand? We can barely provide enough parking for patients at my hospital.

Hospitals in the southern states were “expanding” to their parking lots to treat patients. Do you want to risk the chance of recovering from your cardiac bypass in the parking garage?

We had to convert our cafeteria into a possible COVID ward last Spring just in case we ran out of rooms.
Have you checked your hospitals P&L lately. They got an enormous boost from the stimulus money. Many had their best quarters ever.

if you work in a hospital, you know the biggest challenge is open positions and being able to staff off the beds that you have. And you should also know hospitals are pulling back on mandates because they can’t fill those positions by having them out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptBob
Have you checked your hospitals P&L lately. They got a Normas boost from the stimulus money. Many of had their best quarters ever.

if you work in a hospital, you know the biggest challenge is open positions and being able to staff off the beds that you have. And you should also know hospitals are pulling back on mandates because they can’t fill those positions by having them out there.

How are NJ hospitals looking? Have you talked to your executive friends recently? My doctor buddy said hospitalizations are up and this is the most vaccinated population they have had in the Covid ward since the pandemic began.

I had a false positive PCR Covid test 3 days before flying to the Bahamas 1 month ago , which was going to cancel our trip. Luckily I took another PCR test the next day and came back negative, and was able to go.
Would love to find out Monday the same thing happened here.

Reactions: mbraue
Nets have seven players out
Washington Football Team 21 out
Flyer Canadian game tonight being played without fans

I had a false positive PCR Covid test 3 days before flying to the Bahamas 1 month ago , which was going to cancel our trip. Luckily I took another PCR test the next day and came back negative, and was able to go.
Would love to find out Monday the same thing happened here.

Just curious. Did you have any symptoms when you took the first pcr? Or you just took it because you were going on vacation? Stinks the tests could not be reliable either.

I wonder who predicted this? Oh yes that was me. And everyone on the LOTS board was calling me a moron for saying this season would be greatly affected by the pandemic.
You're still a #$%&. And you're the worst person in the world since you're more concerned with being correct than anything else.

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting your self on the back. You won't be able to get treatment if the hospitals are full.

Reactions: Potbelly407

so build new hospitals on weeks like CHYNA!

• Haha
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
You're still a #$%&. And you're the worst person in the world since you're more concerned with being correct than anything else.

Don't dislocate your shoulder patting your self on the back. You won't be able to get treatment if the hospitals are full.

Have a great Christmas season and you and your loved ones. I'll take the high ground.

Shufan 1993 I don’t think it is fair to say everyone on the LOTS board called you a moron.I agree with some of your post and disagree with some but never called you a moron.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Ohio State's program is 100% vaccinated per this article from October:

This madness needs to stop. Stop testing healthy people. Play the games.
Exactly!! I made the "crazy" suggestion last summer, put all the players together when you have an active case. In 14 days the entire team would have natural immunity. Trying to outrun a virus is like trying to stop a wave from hitting the beach.

Not to mention it is impossible to find nurses, techs, MAs, and many other professionals needed....so expansion? lol Just be happy to have enough staff to do what we need to do now. Instead backfilling with outside help....which is outrageously costly. How costly you may ask? how about as high as $200 an hour for a nurse. Yes thats more....a lot more....than your primary care doctor makes.

"So don't bring in those nurses" you may say....ok....then we are back to....less care available. this isnt a one hospital problem.

oh by the way...the above has nothing to do with COVID volume...but God forbid that volume spikes, in an environment where labor is so expensve.

you do the math. you think healthcare is expensive now....just wait

Have you checked your hospitals P&L lately. They got an enormous boost from the stimulus money. Many had their best quarters ever.

Exactly. sorry I didn't read this before posting, but similar theme...perhaps with more painful financial detail!

The way the medical profession handled last year was disgraceful. Doctors office's closed. No visitors in hospitals - people dying alone surrounded by a worker in a space suit. People couldn't get routine care and screenings because the cowards who run these places were too scared of a respiratory virus to open their doors.

I lost much of the respect I had for the medical profession last year as they pushed this garbage on the public. They're in it for themselves, just like many others in America. Then they fire a bunch of the people they praised as heroes because they didn't want to get a shot, leading to staffing shortages.

I'm not mad at the workers. I'm mad at the people who run the facilities.

It’s really not a difficult concept. The more people need to be hospitalized with a huge COVID spike, the more people with other conditions will suffer and die. If all ICU beds are full and you have a heart attack or something and need ICU care immediately, guess who’s out of luck. Replace COVID for bubonic plague or Ebola or anything else that is highly contagious and deadly. Vaccinations or not, that’s literally how disease works. If you can’t see that, I don’t know what to tell you.

The way the medical profession handled last year was disgraceful. Doctors office's closed. No visitors in hospitals - people dying alone surrounded by a worker in a space suit. People couldn't get routine care and screenings because the cowards who run these places were too scared of a respiratory virus to open their doors.

I lost much of the respect I had for the medical profession last year as they pushed this garbage on the public. They're in it for themselves, just like many others in America. Then they fire a bunch of the people they praised as heroes because they didn't want to get a shot, leading to staffing shortages.

I'm not mad at the workers. I'm mad at the people who run the facilities.
I don’t know why I do but…you are so off base with this it’s laughable. Except it’s not funny.
One, hospitals didn’t “close their doors” to those people with ailments, 1. It was the LAW (which you seem to like per other posts) and 2. They were full of Covid patients which didn’t leave room or staff to treat them and certainly not without compromising them.
And “they fired people…leading to staffing shortages “. Do you know the stats on how many nurses were fired? No…you done. Because if you did you never would have made that statement.
Look I don’t know what profession you’re in but I don’t go around claiming to know everything about it whatever it is, thereby insulting you who actually works in it.
Please do the same for healthcare about which you know very little.
Which is understandable…you don’t work in it. No one expects you to know. So don’t pretend to be an expert. You insult those that do.

Executive orders are not law. Law is passed by the legislature and signed by the executive.

Cases in NJ look to be about the same rate as April 1, 2021 but hospitalizations now are about half of what they were then (looks like a little less)

Have a great Christmas season and you and your loved ones. I'll take the high ground.
I apologize for calling you a bad name. I should not have done that and I'm sorry.

I stand by the rest of what I said. Your constant " I was right about this" is unseemly at best and makes you look as if you are celebrating others misfortune. You ceded the high ground long ago on that point.

I will accept your Christmas wishes in the spirit they were intended. Given the generally disingenuous nature of your posts, I have no doubt you meant it with all of your heart.

I don’t know why I do but…you are so off base with this it’s laughable. Except it’s not funny.
One, hospitals didn’t “close their doors” to those people with ailments, 1. It was the LAW (which you seem to like per other posts) and 2. They were full of Covid patients which didn’t leave room or staff to treat them and certainly not without compromising them.
And “they fired people…leading to staffing shortages “. Do you know the stats on how many nurses were fired? No…you done. Because if you did you never would have made that statement.
Look I don’t know what profession you’re in but I don’t go around claiming to know everything about it whatever it is, thereby insulting you who actually works in it.
Please do the same for healthcare about which you know very little.
Which is understandable…you don’t work in it. No one expects you to know. So don’t pretend to be an expert. You insult those that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT