Simple path

newshu1

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 26, 2016
3-1 safely in the field of 64 prob a 10 seed
2-1 Dayton
1 win Toast

This seems to be the consensus amongst all non brain dead bracketologists. I didn't realize we have lost 8 straight to Nova, that is bad. I was aware of our away record vs them but thought we won a few at home. Key to beating Nova is to get SOMETHING out of WUSU he has been beyond bad. Teams are sagging off the 3 line in the paint on him. How can we get him back on track? Anyone know a good sports pyschologist?

Well, it depends. If that one loss is to depual…..

Better to just win three in a row and enjoy Selection Sunday. Easier said than done.

What happens with a win over Nova and a loss to DePaul? Probably worse than the opposite.

Sounds like we’re headed for Dayton, even if we beat Nova. If we win our first round BET game, that could change of course. Also depends on the rest of the bubble. Due to our metrics, I am more fearful now of being left out, even if we run the table (win final 2 and 1 BET game). We did this to ourselves by getting absolutely torched this past week. But hey, UCLA went from Dayton to the Final Four in 2021 so it’s not a death sentence. It’s just really unfortunate.

Reactions: newshu1
So now that we beat Nova and Assume we will beat the brakes off Depaul.

That sets the stage for 4/5 game vs St Johns at the garden, tough to beat a team 3 times in a season. Win and I believe we safely in as a 10 seed. Lose and if not many conf tourney bid stealers I think we can squeak into a bye 11 seed.

Something interesting on twitter, of all teams in the last 20 years a U Miami team from a couple years ago had the most similar resume to ours. Lousy OOC but great Conf record and a Net in the low 60s they got a 10 seed

If Creighton loses and Marquette loses I believe the Pirates would be the 4th seed in a 3 way tie for second. They would all be 13-7.

Creighton plays at Nova in a probable must win for the Wildcats.

If Creighton loses and Marquette loses I believe the Pirates would be the 4th seed in a 3 way tie for second. They would all be 13-7.

Creighton plays at Nova in a probable must win for the Wildcats.

Creighton losing has no impact on SHU as they swept the head to head.
If Marquette loses - SHU split Marquette then we have to go down to step 2. Step 2 compares each team played against the highest ranked team. Since SHU split UConn and they lost SHU would hurdle them.

Of course SHU would need to beat DePaul. One game at a time lets not overlook that

If Creighton loses (best for our NCAA profile as it keeps Villanova Q1) and the rest happens all 3 are 13-7. That’s when it goes to the mini conference.

2. Creighton 3-1
3. Marquette 2-2
4. Seton Hall 1-3

We get 3rd if Creighton wins and Marquette loses and we win as we have the tiebreak over Marquette only.

It's looking more likely that we play SJU in our first game of the BET, if we finish in 4th place.

If we can get the 3-seed, we don't face UConn until the BET Championship. ;)

Hold off on that. If Xavier beats Marquette at home the Pirates will be the 3 seed.

Creighton also has to beat Villanova. Seton Hall loses a head to head tiebreaker with Creighton, as well as a three way tiebreaker with Marquette and Creighton. Need Creighton to finish solo second in order for SH to be third.

Creighton also has to beat Villanova. Seton Hall loses a head to head tiebreaker with Creighton, as well as a three way tiebreaker with Marquette and Creighton. Need Creighton to finish solo second in order for SH to be third.
i possible scenario though. not out of the question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT