ADVERTISEMENT

TCU - Looks Good

Has anyone here watched a TCU game this season? Not just highlights. That would be insightful.

In past years a fan from other team comes over during ncaa to give us some insight. Usually friendly dialogue. Zags and razorbacks I recall. Is there a Tcu fan out there? :) I have not watched them this year.

Has anyone here watched a TCU game this season? Not just highlights. That would be insightful.
caught the B12 tourney game. they came back from an 18 pt defecit and beat Texas by 5. their guards played well. turned the defensive clamps on 2nd half. i didnt notice the rebounding.

Reactions: TomWall
caught the B12 tourney game. they came back from an 18 pt defecit and beat Texas by 5. their guards played well. turned the defensive clamps on 2nd half. i didnt notice the rebounding.
You recall if they play m2m? Guards have good handles?

I would think (from TCU POV) Ike and Kadary are issues. 7 foot shot blocker and a big wing/guard combo aren’t on every garden variety college team

Reactions: PMB Pirate
I like this matchup for an 8/9 game.

We lead TCU in many statistical categories, I know that doesn't determine the winner - it's a baseline.

SHU will tower over this team, TCU has 4 starters 6'7" and under.
SHU only lags in FG% and assists, SHU 42.3% FG and TCU 44.1% FG, SHU 10.4 assists and TCU 13.6 assists
TCU is terrible shooting the 3 at 30.4%
TCU is terrible from the charity stripe at 66.8%
TCU turns the ball over a lot with 14.5 per game
TCU averages 6.3 steals and 4.2 blocks per game, both below SHU
TCU fouls a lot at 18.1 per game

1. Yetna, Samuel and Ike will be key on the defense, stop their inside game and you stop them.
2. We should be aggressive inside the paint, get them in foul trouble and get a lot of foul shots.
3. Richmond will have a chance to shine with his dribble penetration and height.

NO GAME IN THE DANCE IS EASY, BUT I LIKE OUR CHANCES. GO PIRATES!!!

They played Texas 3 times. Lost by 23, lost by 9 and won by 5.

One stat that stands out is they are one of the worst FT shooting teams at 66.8%. Everyone we face turns into 80% shooters so something has to give.
Thanks for pointing that out. Forgot the Texas angle.

They played Texas 3 times. Lost by 23, lost by 9 and won by 5.

One stat that stands out is they are one of the worst FT shooting teams at 66.8%. Everyone we face turns into 80% shooters so something has to give.
Yeah totally glossed over that; I think they game they won was recently in the conference tournament.

I like this matchup for an 8/9 game.

We lead TCU in many statistical categories, I know that doesn't determine the winner - it's a baseline.

SHU will tower over this team, TCU has 4 starters 6'7" and under.
SHU only lags in FG% and assists, SHU 42.3% FG and TCU 44.1% FG, SHU 10.4 assists and TCU 13.6 assists
TCU is terrible shooting the 3 at 30.4%
TCU is terrible from the charity stripe at 66.8%
TCU turns the ball over a lot with 14.5 per game
TCU averages 6.3 steals and 4.2 blocks per game, both below SHU
TCU fouls a lot at 18.1 per game

1. Yetna, Samuel and Ike will be key on the defense, stop their inside game and you stop them.
2. We should be aggressive inside the paint, get them in foul trouble and get a lot of foul shots.
3. Richmond will have a chance to shine with his dribble penetration and height.

NO GAME IN THE DANCE IS EASY, BUT I LIKE OUR CHANCES. GO PIRATES!!!
Great synopsis. The assist differential is a little alarming (3 assists = 6 to 9 points) but not staggering. Also looks like they are somewhat of a young team where we are a very veteran team. I think if we play smart on offense, Ike stays out of foul trouble and we box out, we will win. I will say I recall many games where an opposing team or player came in as a poor foul shooter and then shot 80+% against us!

Last edited:
What a fan base - some of you are clowns. Hey I don’t know anything about a team but we’re def gonna lose! And than shusa you are never ending diarrhea of Willard hate and doom and gloom
Who's the clown ? Unreal.

Great synopsis. The assist differential is a little alarming (3 assists = 6 to 9 points) but not staggering. Also looks like they are somewhat of a young team where we are a very veteran team. I think if we play smart on offense, Ike stays out of foul trouble and we box out, we will win. I will say I recall many games where an opposing team or player came in as a poor foul shooter and then shot 80+% against us!
The assist difference isn't very alarming as we are more of an isolation team. TCU averages only 68 points a game and gives up almost 73. I believe that we're 15-1 this season when we keep an opponent under 70 points, UConn in the BET being the only loss.

Last edited:
Not sure if JC corrected his error, TCU was 1-2 vs. Texas this season. The TCU win against Georgetown came early in the season when the Hoyas were playing worse than they had at the end of the season (hard to believe - a lot of their losses toward the end of their season were close losses).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT