ADVERTISEMENT

This team hates success

Can't beat the ref's, when they do not call fouls on Marquette. We are getting fouled on our inside shot attempts and outside shot attempts. Total BS.
I've never kept track, but my guess is that over the past thirty years (and probably longer), Seton Hall is winless in the games it's played that have been poorly officiated. On the bright side, we might very well be undefeated in those instances where the officials seem to call a good game.

It's one of the most consistent and amazing statistics in all of sports!

It's interesting that so many very good players seem to take nights off together. the rebounding was a good measure of how hard they were playing. I guess this is the personality of this squad. Perplexing. Its the leadership problem I think.
For as good of a rebounding team as we are, I think we are mediocre at best when it comes to boxing out. Also when the other team doesn't miss, the number of rebounds decreases. Also they took 27 3 pointers. Missed 3's tend to be long rebounds that our guards need to grab.

I've never kept track, but my guess is that over the past thirty years (and probably longer), Seton Hall is winless in the games it's played that have been poorly officiated. On the bright side, we might very well be undefeated in those instances where the officials seem to call a good game.

It's one of the most consistent and amazing statistics in all of sports!
Great post. But I do think there have been times when we have overcome the officials and still won the game. I'm not sure another team just flat out beat us. That sounds funny to even say. Practically impossible.

We tend (me included) to over-analyze individual wins and losses that happen in the ebb and flow of a season. "Handling success" (which I guess means win every game) is pretty difficult when you're playing in a conference with ten top 100 teams and six top 60 teams. Yesterday's game was a coin flip at best. The blowout was an outlier, but the result certainly wasn't. Dust off and move on.

Reactions: radecicco
We are learning that this is a season of match ups and ups and downs. No matter who you are you will not always match up well with any given team on any given floor and sometimes college players are deer in the headlights. That we is how we looked last night. We didn’t have to shut down Howard, Rousey just replaced him. And it was like “how did that happen”. Angel played out of the paint too often. We can bitch and moan about the little things, but we won’t win every BE game and we have to make sure that these breakdowns don’t become a habit. To get the seeding in the tournament we want, we can’t drop more than 4 more BE games. We are not going to win every one, but can we not lose more than 4 more?

Is the season over? NO.

Does this team have some issues that need to be resolved quickly if they expect to be a top team going forward? YES

It is not white and black, we can admit this team is flawed and still be a top team going forward. This board especially after loses seems to only have people on each extreme (guess no different than most other things these days).

Lot of parity in college basketball these days, so not surprising our team is up and down as well.

A little disappointing but also expected. Back to back Midwest road games, Powell clearly under the weather, unusual start time. I like this team, but the big east is a gauntlet. 12-6 in conference would be job well done for me.

Reactions: radecicco
we always shit the bed and the reason we don't get the benefit of the doubt but we need to regroup and get better.

Great post. But I do think there have been times when we have overcome the officials and still won the game. I'm not sure another team just flat out beat us. That sounds funny to even say. Practically impossible.
this happens at providence like every year. and pretty sure it happened last game, our guys were getting very frustrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT