ADVERTISEMENT

Ticked off

Turiddu

All Big East
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I have learned to not act on my initial feelings when I am disappointed by some situation. Last evening going into the selection program I still believed the Hall would get a bid.Early on I recognized that the number of bid stealers was not favoring the Hall's selection. I was bummed out but took some solace in the reality that Sha had gone way beyond my initial prognosis for the year. To win thirteen games with literally no bench was nothing short of miraculous. The seniors certainly were blown out of some games, but what five players playing enormous minutes could have achieved a thirteen and seven record in the second toughest league?

This morning I am more than a little ticked off by the reality of some of the teams that were selected over the Hall.It seems the committee used selective measures to pick Michigan State,Virginia and Dayton.They gerrymandered facts that supported their desires and did not see the hypocrisy of ignoring long standing metrics. I feel for Sha and the team who deserved their time in the sunlight, and hope that we loyalists give the team the necessary financial support to make the future bright, In the interim, I am proud of the team voting to play in the NIT ,
Go Pirates.

I have learned to not act on my initial feelings when I am disappointed by some situation. Last evening going into the selection program I still believed the Hall would get a bid.Early on I recognized that the number of bid stealers was not favoring the Hall's selection. I was bummed out but took some solace in the reality that Sha had gone way beyond my initial prognosis for the year. To win thirteen games with literally no bench was nothing short of miraculous. The seniors certainly were blown out of some games, but what five players playing enormous minutes could have achieved a thirteen and seven record in the second toughest league?

This morning I am more than a little ticked off by the reality of some of the teams that were selected over the Hall.It seems the committee used selective measures to pick Michigan State,Virginia and Dayton.They gerrymandered facts that supported their desires and did not see the hypocrisy of ignoring long standing metrics. I feel for Sha and the team who deserved their time in the sunlight, and hope that we loyalists give the team the necessary financial support to make the future bright, In the interim, I am proud of the team voting to play in the NIT ,
Go Pirates.
I'll co-sign this.

Go Pirates.
Well articulated, Turidda: Hazard Zet Forward

Sadly, I think all of the anger means you weren’t paying attention to the situation. It was rather clear for practically a full day that this was going to be the outcome.

Reactions: shu09 and TomD82
Dayton should not be included, they were/are clearly in.

Fairly easy to see what mattered most and this was the Results-Based Metrics of KPI and SOR. Here are the averages of these 2 for the supposed bubble teams (bold in):

Colorado = 33.5
Virginia = 35

Oklahoma = 39
Indiana State = 40
Colorado State = 42
Boise State = 43.5
Michigan State = 47.5

Pittsburgh = 51.5
Seton Hall = 54
Providence = 55
St. John's = 58

Reactions: da0987