ADVERTISEMENT

Trump now a convicted felon

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
34 counts? first president ever.

cue the board spinning and defending this in any which way.

the only takeaway is that he is a convicted felon.

• Love
Reactions: silkcitypirate
34 counts? first president ever.

cue the board spinning and defending this in any which way.

the only takeaway is that he is a convicted felon.
The only thing that really matters is how the electorate responds. It should be a Biden win, right?

The only thing that really matters is how the electorate responds. It should be a Biden win, right?
figured no actual opinion.

nobody expects his voters to every change. and this objectively proves the character of those voters.

His poll numbers will probably rise.

Get ready for the appeal circus.

Reactions: HALL85
figured no actual opinion.

nobody expects his voters to every change. and this objectively proves the character of those voters.
What opinion? The jury concluded he was guilty. I haven’t been following it and there were no cameras in the courtroom anyway.

Like I said, what only matters is what happens next. How do the polls shift at all in the six swing states?

No problem holding Trump accountable. He should face justice for his actions like any other citizen. Democrats better not cry foul though when Republicans go after Biden at the end of his term. The precedent has been set.

What opinion? The jury concluded he was guilty. I haven’t been following it and there were no cameras in the courtroom anyway.

Like I said, what only matters is what happens next. How do the polls shift at all in the six swing states?
proves the character and values of his voters and the people who will vote for him come the fall. a convicted felon president is historic.

No problem holding Trump accountable. He should face justice for his actions like any other citizen. Democrats better not cry foul though when Republicans go after Biden at the end of his term. The precedent has been set.
if that happened then this board would actually have an appropriate response to president becoming a convicted felon.

crickets here now. only response is "votes only thing that matters" and "lets see what happens when it happens to biden"

just classic piratecrew

if that happened then this board would actually have an appropriate response to president becoming a convicted felon.

crickets here now. only response is "votes only thing that matters" and "lets see what happens when it happens to biden"

just classic piratecrew
What is the appropriate response, though? Like a lot of people, I'm conditioned to assume he will face no consequences for his actions. So while I think the verdict is good (and I find it very funny), I can't get too invested in it because I don't think anything will come of it.

So my response is mostly apathy, because I don't think he'll pay for these crimes and I don't think this will meaningfully hurt his reelection bid. Will be happy if I'm wrong, though.

Exactly what the left wanted, to say he’s a convicted felon for the next 5 months. 34 unanimous decisions. No wavering on any of the 34? That’s pretty wild.

The real loser here is NYC, as this makes Alvin Bragg and his bail reform policies bulletproof. Subway stabbings, shoplifting, robberies, random knockouts….have fun.

Exactly what the left wanted, to say he’s a convicted felon for the next 5 months. 34 unanimous decisions. No wavering on any of the 34? That’s pretty wild.

Exactly what he wanted too. It's hard to waver when the defense hardly makes an effort. What did they call? 2 witnesses? And then he claims afterwords that "many key witnesses" to his defense weren't called to testify. Well why not? Why didn't his attorney call them? Either he's lying about their existence (most likely) or he wasn't that interested in being acquitted anyway (also true).

He had the PR spin ready to go for either outcome, but he knew a conviction would give him his "political prisoner" propaganda to fire up his worshippers and generate donations far more than an acquittal would.

Reactions: sussexcopirate

Trump should take accountability for his actions. The boogeyman isn’t after Trump, he’s just another white collar crook who thinks laws don’t apply to his class.

Last edited:
Exactly what he wanted too. It's hard to waver when the defense hardly makes an effort. What did they call? 2 witnesses? And then he claims afterwords that "many key witnesses" to his defense weren't called to testify. Well why not? Why didn't his attorney call them? Either he's lying about their existence (most likely) or he wasn't that interested in being acquitted anyway (also true).

He had the PR spin ready to go for either outcome, but he knew a conviction would give him his "political prisoner" propaganda to fire up his worshippers and generate donations far more than an acquittal would.

Todd Blanche seems like a nice guy who’s totally over his head from watching him on a few shows last night. I don’t think many stud lawyers are lining up to work for Trump. If the other trials ever progress he’s in serious trouble. We’ll see if his stalling until after the election pays off.

Last edited:
Trump should take accountability for his actions. The boogeyman isn’t after Trump, he’s just another white collar crook who thinks laws don’t apply to his class.
All people should be held accountable for their actions. Trump and Menendez are equally guilty of the crimes they are accused of. One got a trial where he received 5% of the vote. The other is getting a trial where he got 80% of the vote. Both should be held accountable for their actions but both should also receive a trial in a district where the vote is as close to 50-50 as possible. These are well known people not schmucks off the street. Everyone has a history of opinions of them before the trial begins. I'm sorry but if you think all the jurors are basing these cases on the evidence you are nuts.

All people should be held accountable for their actions. Trump and Menendez are equally guilty of the crimes they are accused of. One got a trial where he received 5% of the vote. The other is getting a trial where he got 80% of the vote. Both should be held accountable for their actions but both should also receive a trial in a district where the vote is as close to 50-50 as possible. These are well known people not schmucks off the street. Everyone has a history of opinions of them before the trial begins. I'm sorry but if you think all the jurors are basing these cases on the evidence you are nuts.

Glad we both agree that Trump and Menendez are crooks that should be locked up.

Safe to say the Trump‘s team will appeal, but the real story will be in the polls and timing.

Sentencing July 11 and the Republican convention a week later. If Trump gets a sustained bump, it gives him momentum going into the convention. But what happens if the polls go the other way and he looks to be trailing badly in the swing states?

Democrats will hang on the “convicted felon” native, but I can’t help but think there are Republicans who have been supporting him that are privately hoping the latter happens.

One thing for sure, he has kept his base solidly behind him. Website crashed for an hour because there were so many people trying to donate after the verdict.

Glad we both agree that Trump and Menendez are crooks that should be locked up.
Woah I never said they should be locked up. My comment was about the process for 2 highly known political individuals. It's about the process. One getting a trial where he got 5% of the vote and the other gets one where he gets something like 80% of the vote. We can go well past Trump and Menendez as far as politicians who are crooks ranging from the current president to local assemblymen. I don't have faith that the people in a highly red or highly blue area will vote strictly on the facts of the case.

lmao there ya go. bringing someone else up. were talking the former president and current republican presidential candidate. forget anything else. do you have no feelings /opinions on this man that actually committed crimes??

Woah I never said they should be locked up. My comment was about the process for 2 highly known political individuals. It's about the process. One getting a trial where he got 5% of the vote and the other gets one where he gets something like 80% of the vote. We can go well past Trump and Menendez as far as politicians who are crooks ranging from the current president to local assemblymen. I don't have faith that the people in a highly red or highly blue area will vote strictly on the facts of the case.
you dont think. criminals should be locked up??

lol news nation on the wrong side of trump now and not a peep from #1 fanboys here.

trumpers are so dumb that the talking heads only strategy needed is to just yell "no" over and over and those people absolutely eat it up. its literally gradeschool tactics.

maybe there's no conspiracy. maybe he's a guilty criminal and that's BAD. and criminals rarely only commit the one crime they are convicted of its just where they get caught

Why should it matter what percentage of the vote a defendant gets? Venue is premised where the crime occurred. Not where he get a low turnout or a high turnout. Are you complaining that the classified document case is venued in Trump district? I bet you are not.

I was not a fan of this case because this is really a federal election fraud case and a tax case. The Feds should have prosecuted him. However, this bozo won’t even admit he had affairs with Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. He just lies and lies. This handcuffed his only plausible defense is that he paid hush money not because of the election but because he didn’t want his wife to find out. Of course, trying to write the payoff as lawyers fees is tax fraud.

In the end, I don’t think politically this is going to do much. Does this conviction sway 5% of the independents in the key toss up states? I’m not sure.

CERN answered this. A defendant doesn’t get to pick his trial location based on where he polls better, that would be absurd to be honest.

Why should it matter what percentage of the vote a defendant gets? Venue is premised where the crime occurred. Not where he get a low turnout or a high turnout. Are you complaining that the classified document case is venued in Trump district? I bet you are not.

I was not a fan of this case because this is really a federal election fraud case and a tax case. The Feds should have prosecuted him. However, this bozo won’t even admit he had affairs with Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal. He just lies and lies. This handcuffed his only plausible defense is that he paid hush money not because of the election but because he didn’t want his wife to find out. Of course, trying to write the payoff as lawyers fees is tax fraud.

In the end, I don’t think politically this is going to do much. Does this conviction sway 5% of the independents in the key toss up states? I’m not sure.
Isn't the goal of a jury of your peers to find an impartial jury? Isn't it safe to assume a black man won't get a fair jury if he could prove the area of the trial is 95% white supremist or vice versa. Are you telling me trials never have a change in venue?

CERN answered this. A defendant doesn’t get to pick his trial location based on where he polls better, that would be absurd to be honest.
Plenty of precedent of defendants changing venues because of high potential of biased jurors. OJ went from Santa Monica to Los Angeles. I would say he polled better in downtown Los Angeles than Santa Monica, just my guess. LOL

Last edited:
Plenty of precedent of defendants changing venues because of high potential of biased jurors. OJ went from Santa Monica to Los Angeles. I would say he polled better in downtown Los Angeles than Santa Monica, just my guess. LOL
Wrong. Very rare to get change of venue. Your OJ example is also incorrect because the Prosecution moved the venue to accommodate this big trial. This was a huge mistake. However it had nothing to do with the argument you are making.

Wonder if mainstream media will bury story if appeals court finds reversible error.It will be after election so likely they give little coverage.

Isn't the goal of a jury of your peers to find an impartial jury? Isn't it safe to assume a black man won't get a fair jury if he could prove the area of the trial is 95% white supremist or vice versa. Are you telling me trials never have a change in venue?
nonsense. they screen the jurors for this exact reason. its the whole point of screening them.

what are we doing here? you trump people are pathetic

nonsense. they screen the jurors for this exact reason. its the whole point of screening them.

what are we doing here? you trump people are pathetic
I would be happy to have a dialogue with you about this, but your habit of throwing out invectives is disturbing. You should be happy not vindictive.

Since you accept the jurors verdict I want to hear that same acceptance when this is overturned on appeal. The trial was flawed in so many ways.

Reactions: SHUMatt
Wrong. Very rare to get change of venue. Your OJ example is also incorrect because the Prosecution moved the venue to accommodate this big trial. This was a huge mistake. However it had nothing to do with the argument you are making.
Please. This spells it out. That case didn’t take place where the crime occurred which is the point you were making. Venue makes a world of difference. Prosecution had a much better chance in Santa Monica than LA.

I would be happy to have a dialogue with you about this, but your habit of throwing out invectives is disturbing. You should be happy not vindictive.

Since you accept the jurors verdict I want to hear that same acceptance when this is overturned on appeal. The trial was flawed in so many ways.
the trial was rigged! the election was rigged!

well...... the prosecutor.... I mean the judge disallowed at least one of their witnesses...the FEC expert who would have testified that no federal election laws were broken. There may have been others. Plus he gave the one witness, I forget his name a really hard time..... the one who was disputing Cohen's testimony.

I hope all who are rightfully saying that the jury has spoken will be so agreeable when this conviction is overturned.

Please. This spells it out. That case didn’t take place where the crime occurred which is the point you were making. Venue makes a world of difference. Prosecution had a much better chance in Santa Monica than LA.

This article doesn’t tell you anything. In the OJ case, The Prosecutors requested the change of venue. They requested it because the courthouse was bigger. It’s a very unusual stance that the prosecutors took. It had nothing to do that it was moved to downtown LA to get a jury of his peers by the defense.

Change of venue motions are almost exclusively done by the defendant. The OJ case there was not a change of venue. The Prosecutor chose to file the case in downtown LA. It had nothing to do with the defendant requesting the change of venue to get OJ a jury of his peers. In OJ, the defense would certainly agree to that change

This is out of the mouth of the OJ prosecutor. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oj/interviews/hodgman.html

This article doesn’t tell you anything. In the OJ case, The Prosecutors requested the change of venue. They requested it because the courthouse was bigger. It’s a very unusual stance that the prosecutors took. It had nothing to do that it was moved to downtown LA to get a jury of his peers by the defense.

Change of venue motions are almost exclusively done by the defendant. The OJ case there was not a change of venue. The Prosecutor chose to file the case in downtown LA. It had nothing to do with the defendant requesting the change of venue to get OJ a jury of his peers. In OJ, the defense would certainly agree to that change

This is out of the mouth of the OJ prosecutor. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/oj/interviews/hodgman.html
Yup agree with him. An injustice was done because of where the case was tried

because you think it's impossible for a maga idiot to ever come to an agreement if they were on a jury.
You should be celebrating embracing the win but you’re still name calling. Get a drink and enjoy, the greatest President now has a platform to run on. He’s better than a convicted felon. Political prosecution will only fan the flames of division. Now Republicans need to respond with the same. Maybe this is the start of something great where we throw lots of politicians in jail. Don’t see this as being a good thing but maybe I’m wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT