Under Armour Reunion opponent

catholicman

All World
Nov 19, 2007
It hasn't been publicly announced but here are 3 possibilities:

Notre Dame
Northwestern
Maryland

(I would love to see us play any of these 3, especially the first.)

I think VCU is UA also. I know we are supposed to play them next season. But will it be in the UA Reunion?

Keeping in complete speculation mode... I realize this is random, but it's a slow time...

If the opponent were ND, who would guard Colson, Ish/Nzei or Delgado? He does like to post up a fair amount but can also step out and has range (including from 3 pt line - shot 43.3% from deep last year 26/60). Less a shot blocker than Kingsley but would be just as hard of a guard for Delgado imo.

Keeping in complete speculation mode... I realize this is random, but it's a slow time...

If the opponent were ND, who would guard Colson, Ish/Nzei or Delgado? He does like to post up a fair amount but can also step out and has range (including from 3 pt line - shot 43.3% from deep last year 26/60). Less a shot blocker than Kingsley but would be just as hard of a guard for Delgado imo.

Ish

hope we get ND and we kick their asses. Never appreciated Brey's very arrogant tone towards us when he was quoted a couple of years ago saying which Big East opponents he'd like to continue to play in the new conference order era.

It hasn't been announced and for now it won't leak out but SHU knows their opponent.

IMO a good but not great match-up. Certainly worth the trip to the Garden.

Would love to see us play Maryland. They lost Trimble but their freshmen played like sophs last season and they picked up some good recruits with their best player (Jackson) returning for his 2nd year.

hope we get ND and we kick their asses. Never appreciated Brey's very arrogant tone towards us when he was quoted a couple of years ago saying which Big East opponents he'd like to continue to play in the new conference order era.
Why would what he said surprise you?

In the 13 years Brey coached against The Hall in the "Old" Big East, The Hall was 88-132 in conference play. The last 7 years The Hall was 45-79... The Hall had 2 NCAA bids (last being 2006) and 4 NIT bids. ND during that 13 year span had 9 NCAA bids and 4 NIT.

Yeah, he should have shown The Hall MUCH more respect... You can hate ND for whatever reasons you want, but The Hall was putrid during the time Brey coached against them in the BE. The Hall has only been back to respectability for the last 2 years.

Believe me, I'm no fan of ND basketball but let's not pretend The Hall was some sort of perennial power he disparaged...

Hope its not TT. Wanna avoid nut punches at all costs.

Also hope its not ND. I know it would be great to beat them and theyre good and i hate them, but i have that goddamn 40 pt game from 2012 burned into my eyeballs. Worst game ive been to. Maybe for any team ever.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Hope its not TT. Wanna avoid nut punches at all costs.

Also hope its not ND. I know it would be great to beat them and theyre good and i hate them, but i have that goddamn 40 pt game from 2012 burned into my eyeballs. Worst game ive been to. Maybe for any team ever.

I completely agree. For me losses tend to blend together after awhile. However, this ND game is in my personal Top 5 worst games ever.

You have to keep in mind the conferences involved. If it were SHU, Notre Dame, Maryland and Northwestern, SHU would not play Notre Dame. They would not have the two other big 10 teams play each other most likely, Seton Hall and Notre Dame would likely each get paired up with Maryland and Northwestern.

I completely agree. For me losses tend to blend together after awhile. However, this ND game is in my personal Top 5 worst games ever.

they actually brought the athletes down to the floor for some academic appreciation during halftime. everyone was joking about putting on a uniform hoping for better results.

im fine never playing them.

Northwestern, TT, Utah, Temple are all UA teams...

I doubt they'd ship TT or Utah all the way out here for a neutral court one-off. Part. cuz I'd be surprised if there is much of an alumni base here, as opposed to USC & Auburn last year who had a decent amount of fans in the building, as did BC. The crowd was actually REALLY electric for the end of the BC/Auburn game, whcih was fun to see.

Temple would be fine, but I think we should get back to home & homes with them not neutral court. Northwestern, despite have those seniors graduate, is certainly on the upswing so that would be fine.

Maryland would be phenomenal, as would ND. Not sure we really need to potentially lose to another top 20 or top 10 team though. Our schedule is pretty strong as is. Guess we'll see.

Here are some other UA schools:

UCLA (no way its them)
Cal
Cincy (this would be fun)
St. Marys (unlikely bc of distance)
South Florida
Wichita State
Wisconsin

I'll take it. Would love a chance at a PAC-12 team in what's basically a home game. My 2nd favorite conference after ours. The moves they've made re: realignment have come off as the most logical & least savage compared to the ACC & others.

I'll take it. Would love a chance at a PAC-12 team in what's basically a home game. My 2nd favorite conference after ours. The moves they've made re: realignment have come off as the most logical & least savage compared to the ACC & others.

Who would you want to play?

Cal or Utah

Doubt it is St. Mary's but that would be some matchup down low, Landale vs Delgado possibly the two most productive bigs in the nation this year!

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
FWIW, the team is named on this thread but of course just about every UA school is.

Not sure when and where the news will break.

Maybe UA, the Garden or the teams involved will send out a press report.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT