ADVERTISEMENT

Who ya got?

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
All conference road games are tough and coming off an emotional win Saturday with a short turnaround is an issue.

Shooting of Marquette versus the physical play of the Pirates.

I was more confident Saturday but what the heck....

Seton Hall 85

Marquette 83

Quick turnaround on the road. Fatigue sets in late. Hope I am wrong. Marquette 85-81

I like our chances on the road much better after winning at Butler, but it is tough to win on road. Nonetheless, we are flat out tougher and better than Marquette. PIrates 89-83

Reactions: Abbo71
Agree with Dan. Our top three guys each played 38+ minutes. They have been on the road since Friday. Quick turn around from Saturday. Can we win, of course but it’s gong to be another war.

If we attack the rim and play our physical brand we'll win.

SHU, 79-75

Hate to say it but I could see the moons aligned for a loss. Marquette 86. Shu 81

The Hall finally breaks thru as a higher ranked team -

Pirates 85
MU 78

Surprised we are just a pick in the morning papers. Not a lot of respect for #13/15 against an unranked foe even on the road.
Think we win and hold their star in relative check.

Surprised we are just a pick in the morning papers. Not a lot of respect for #13/15 against an unranked foe even on the road.

Betting odds are not created with "respect' in mind for a team's subjective ranking. They are based entirely on how the algorithm works out and then they move based on how the money comes in.

Nearly every metric has this game as a pick'em or a very slight edge to SH.

Betting odds are not created with "respect' in mind for a team's subjective ranking. They are based entirely on how the algorithm works out and then they move based on how the money comes in.

Nearly every metric has this game as a pick'em or a very slight edge to SH.
Kenpom has the Hall by 1.

My feeling is that we are due for a letdown and our weak perimeter defense is exposed. We lose this by 10+ something like 85-73. Howard will destroy us with dribble penetration and kickouts. I think we matchup better on the perimeter with Creighton because they don't have a dynamic point guard this year.

I have a strong feeling we pull this one out. 87-82.. we shoot above average from the line

I feel like I've seen this story before. The team jumps in the rankings, fans expectations skyrocket, and SHU follows it up with a loss. Winning this game would show some major moxie.

It's a tough game even going beyond it being a potential letdown scenario. I really hope I'm wrong, but I expect the team to come out flat in this one.

Marquette - 83
SHU - 75

Lots of SHU fans still skeptical.

Let's see how special this group is. They got the needed road victory Saturday but can they do it again or are they satisfied?

We'll know later tonight. I expect a game similar to the Butler one.

We're the more talented team as we were over the weekend. But can we duplicate the effort? I think we can as this group is not like so many past Pirate teams.

Marquette 72 SHU 63....letdown city....hope I'm wrong

Like most here, including you, I wouldn't be at all shocked by a loss. I would be shocked, however, if we only scored 63. Marquette's averaging 86.5 pts against (and for) in league play so far.

Not unusual at all for 13/15 ranked teams to be slight underdogs at an opponent like Marquette.

Reactions: radecicco and shu09
I had a bad feeling in my gut before the Butler game and predicted a W, so I'll do the same here. This group is relentless and doesn't give up easily, so hoping for The Hall 83-77.

I had a bad feeling in my gut before the Butler game and predicted a W, so I'll do the same here. This group is relentless and doesn't give up easily, so hoping for The Hall 83-77.

I can relate to the bad feeling in your gut..... so will also predict a W .... SHU 85 - MU 84 (OT)....

Point of interest. Especially in a pickem game

Against the odds

Seton Hall Pirates Record As...
AWAY TEAM 2-1-0

Marquette Golden Eagles Record As...
HOME TEAM 2-7-0

Point of interest. Especially in a pickem game

Against the odds

Seton Hall Pirates Record As...
AWAY TEAM 2-1-0

Marquette Golden Eagles Record As...
HOME TEAM 2-7-0
So what your saying is their due for a W? LOL

This is a true 50/50 game. The Pirates can win even with a quick turn around because
they are also a matchup problem for all of these other teams. Usually if you have 3 players
that can score a combined 50 points on a given night you'll be in almost every game. We have 4 players
that are combining for 60 and 70 at times, terrific for a college team.

The Pirates can lose because it's very tough to win on the road in the BigEast. Marquette should have
a huge crowd and this will be a mini playoff game for them. Marquette seems to be playing well and their system generates good looks from the perimeter. The Pirates missing that one extra day to practice could be a factor too.

I thought we would lose a tough one at Butler. I believe the Pirates are the real deal and will find a way
at Marquette.

SHU 75
Marquette 72

I don’t like the feeling of this game coming up and the quick turnaround. Marquette is a streaky team and I see them shooting 35 3’s and hitting around 15.

Marquette over SHU 95-92.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT