ADVERTISEMENT

August recruiting tweets

Ngandu showed nice footwork on that play. I liked how he was able to hold his pivot foot after gathering himself.

I have no idea, but he is a Dad and if he holds the grudge I get it

I would expect better of him. His son was recruited, accepted, and welcomed here. His son was also given every opportunity to be a player for us for an extended period of time. Things didn't work out and, while obviously it didn't end well, I certainly don't think it should warrant a grown man slamming the program over 5 years later. I would think a grown man would know better than to interfere and influence a kid's decision making to satisfy a selfish agenda. Doesn't mean he has to gush over us, mind you.

If I'm a recruit, I would also probably prefer the word and influence of Myles Powell, Zeke Whitehead, Nzei, McKnight, etc over the comments of a bitter dad, if that is in fact the case (which I hope it isn't).

FWIW, Young Sina was very fond of Kevin Willard. Just thought he should have been harder on the players regarding discipline which is not surprising knowing who his father/coach is.

I would expect better of him. His son was recruited, accepted, and welcomed here. His son was also given every opportunity to be a player for us for an extended period of time. Things didn't work out and, while obviously it didn't end well, I certainly don't think it should warrant a grown man slamming the program over 5 years later. I would think a grown man would know better than to interfere and influence a kid's decision making to satisfy a selfish agenda. Doesn't mean he has to gush over us, mind you.

If I'm a recruit, I would also probably prefer the word and influence of Myles Powell, Zeke Whitehead, Nzei, McKnight, etc over the comments of a bitter dad, if that is in fact the case (which I hope it isn't).

Just remember that Mergin himself had problems with he attended SHU. Certainly makes his case unique.

Reactions: Section112
Just remember that Mergin himself had problems with he attended SHU. Certainly makes his case unique.

Two players in somewhat similar circumstances. Both solid D-I basketball players but maybe a step below Big East level who came to a program still in the early stage of a building process. As the program began to establish itself, more talented players found their way into the program which impacted playing time for both Mergin and Jaren.

You would hope that Mergin can put aside whatever happened with Jaren and provide constructive feedback on where the Seton Hall program is today as opposed to five or six years ago and help the player make the decision that best suits him. Whatever happened with Mergin himself should have little to no relevance since he literally is the only person in the conversation associated with the program from back then.

Interesting I haven’t seen a commitment date set and usually when guys pick up predictions like that they are a week or two out from announcing. I think out of that group of 4 SF’s Nesbitt was the one we were in the worst position to land. Good for Saint Louis anyway he should be their second best recruit in school history

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT