ADVERTISEMENT

Earl Timberlake

A source at Miami claims Timberlake will be announcing his commitment on Nov. 8. Credibility of source? Unknown.

A source at Miami claims Timberlake will be announcing his commitment on Nov. 8. Credibility of source? Unknown.

Good morning C-man and all.

Earlier, two posters had mentioned that ET was announcing on Nov. 4th. Now this source says it’s on the 8th. So, one way or the other, we’re at least 2 weeks or so away from his public announcement. Therefore, much to pray for this young man to make the right decision regarding his future.

We own the Rock!!!
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

It scares me that someone in the Miami fanbase claims to know his commitment date. The U. is trying real hard to get him.
Someone in the Pitt fan base/media claimed to have direct knowledge from ET’s mom that the date was 11/4

That was a player who realized he was over recruited and couldn’t keep up with the freshmen and couldn’t handle it. My goodness, the guy ran off the court and off the team.
Did you notice the "LOL!!!" after Jaren Sina???

His play and body movement reminds me of Ron Artest

Good afternoon Mountain.

Given your remark, I’m left with a few questions for you or anyone else on the Board.

(1) If ET were to come to the Hall, do you see him more as a 3 or as a 2?

(2) If he mostly plays the 3, would that reduce his chances for being a one and done?

(3) What are ET’s strong points and what are his weak points as a player right now?

(4) Who’s a better ballhandler at this moment, Cale or ET?

(5) Who’s a better shooter from distance?

(6) Who’s a more polished player: ET right now or Myles Cale at the end of last season?

Hope to receive some feedback from those who have seen ET play.

We own the Rock!!!
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

My favorite line ever on this message board.

Good afternoon to all.

I hope that in no imaginable way did my expression convey something less than complete respect for someone with whom I believe I may share a profound respect and zeal for our Faith. Hopefully, it is also clear that I always try my humanly best to be respectful to all.

Nonetheless, if by any chance such a remark sent the wrong message, my most sincere apologies to Catholicman. I value the spirited debates of this Board, but within the boundaries of utmost respect and civility that is necessary. To that end, my most sincere respect and recognition to Dan and Tom for being such effective administrators/moderators of this Board.

Best regards to all.
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

Good afternoon to all.

I hope that in no imaginable way did my expression convey something less than complete respect for someone with whom I believe I may share a profound respect and zeal for our Faith. Hopefully, it is also clear that I always try my humanly best to be respectful to all.

Nonetheless, if by any chance such a remark sent the wrong message, my most sincere apologies to Catholicman. I value the spirited debates of this Board, but within the boundaries of utmost respect and civility that is necessary. To that end, my most sincere respect and recognition to Dan and Tom for being such effective administrators/moderators of this Board.

Best regards to all.
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

I have a deep respect and admiration for you too and took no offense by the abbreviation of my message board name.

Good afternoon to all.

Best regards to all.
Son of Joe Seton ‘49
Lol chill ur good man

I have a deep respect and admiration for you too and took no offense by the abbreviation of my message board name.

Thanks for your very kind words. As already expressed, the feeling is mutual. Moreover, I’m certainly relieved. Keep in mind that as much as one tries to master a language, there are always certain idioms or slang terms that one may be unaware of; particularly in this case, when some of these might even be different from one part of the English speaking world to another.

Best regards.

Yes, there are more than a billion of us!

Over a million proud C-men/women, hoping to humbly follow the example set forth, not only by our Lord, but by many great people since the founding of our Church, like Mother Seton continues to do for many of us.

My apologies for slightly derailing the topic discussion. Can anyone shed some light regarding the questions I asked about Earl Timberlake?

Good afternoon to all.

Best regards to all.
Son of Joe Seton ‘49
Only a joke. You’re a great poster on here and I look forward to your posts. Just a very funny read despite no intentions to be funny.

Reactions: SonofJoeSeton49

Can play either but more of a 2.

(2) If he mostly plays the 3, would that reduce his chances for being a one and done?

Probably. Myself I see him as a 3 and done but some mock drafts say he could possibly be a 1 and done. His highest professional ceiling is as a guard so he wants to play that in college.

(3) What are ET’s strong points and what are his weak points as a player right now?

Has an incredible motor and a grown man’s body. Very good at driving to the hoop, has a solid handle with extremely strong hands and good balance. Muscles his way to the hoop and has some good change of direction and elusiveness for a big guard. Very good at finishing through contact. He creates his own shots and is a decent playmaker. Also an excellent rebounder and a good defender. Opportunistic scorer in the paint on putbacks.

Needs to improve his outside shooting and although his handle is solid, will have to improve to be an NBA guard. He’s a good but not great athlete.

ET

Cale

(6) Who’s a more polished player: ET right now or Myles Cale at the end of last season?

ET

Is DS more of a 3 or would there be a potential issue with an ET commitment?

Last edited:

Can play either but more of a 2.

Probably. Myself I see him as a 3 and done but some mock drafts say he could possibly be a 1 and done. His highest professional ceiling is as a guard so he wants to play that in college.

Has an incredible motor and a grown man’s body. Very good at driving to the hoop, has a solid handle with extremely strong hands and good balance. Muscles his way to the hoop and has some good change of direction and elusiveness for a big guard. Very good at finishing through contact. He creates his own shots and is a decent playmaker. Also an excellent rebounder and a good defender. Opportunistic scorer in the paint on putbacks.

Needs to improve his outside shooting and although his handle is solid, will have to improve to be an NBA guard. He’s a good but not great athlete.

ET

Cale

ET

Thanks Fishjam for such a thorough answer.

Given what you say, our offensive scheme might require more drives to the basket and more ball movement to find the open shooter. Next season’s team would be missing MP’s uncanny ability to get off his own shot from the outside or draw constant double-teams, thus freeing someone else for easy baskets.

HallPirate... did you mean to say Dimingus Stevens?

I was originally concerned about it, as he will most likely be seeing diminished minutes at the 2 and 3, as Rhoden and Molson will more than likely be ahead of him at the bench. But then I heard that him and ET are quite close. Nonetheless, if his shot is as deadly from way deep as advertised, he could find a Nick Katsikis, John Leahy role available for him.

We own the Rock!!!
Son of Joe Seton ‘49

Is DM more of a 3 or would there be a potential issue with an ET commitment?

I'm assuming you meant Stevens, and as of now, I'd imagine in about 2 years, we'd see a Long, Steven's, Timberlake at the 1, 2, and 3. I'd also imagine Samuel at the 4 as well.

Now if MAM committed as well as ET, its would be a beautiful problem to have. I'm not gonna get ahead of myself on this though. I'll wait for Timberlake to commit 1st, should he choose to do so.

Somebody is going to be very, very wrong when this recruitment ends. Let's hope it isn’t our sources.

One reason I think more of us should consider joining the Trove. Nowhere will we find more recruiting tidbits and rumors about Seton Hall Basketball. I, myself, am counting the days until I re-join... so as to be there when ET is supposed to make public his college choice and/or various other targets are expected to make their formal announcements.

I'm a PVI (Paul VI Catholic) alum. PVI is like 2 miles from George Mason, so I'd hope Skinn can get a relationship going with them. They always have top-50 talent. Jeremy Roach is going to Duke. They have other guys on Louisville and Syracuse. Side note- SHU currently has a PVI grad on their soccer team.

Last edited:
This kid has to decide already, I have been stalking his recruitment for way too long!

Seton hall has to be one of the most upward trending programs in the country with where the team is at and what Myles is leaving behind this should be an easy decision.

The frustrations of the recruiting period!

Does anybody have any new info as to where where he stands?

This kid has to decide already, I have been stalking his recruitment for way too long!

Seton hall has to be one of the most upward trending programs in the country with where the team is at and what Myles is leaving behind this should be an easy decision.

The frustrations of the recruiting period!

Does anybody have any new info as to where where he stands?

Why should this be an easy decision?

Reactions: ShuVol and HallB
Cale will be a senior, Rhoden a junior, Samuels a sophomore, Stevens a frosh and Molson. Would Timberlake want to play behind any of them considering his ranking?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT