ADVERTISEMENT

SHU v Prov Gamethread

Why, I think Providence is better than Villanova and we’re home instead of away?

also, Horchler has increased his 3s made in this one game by 30% for the year.
I don’t think they’re better than Nova. But…I hope you’re right

Aiken gonna be Aiken. I don’t have to like it, but I like it when it works.

Reactions: SHUSA
i definitely foul. all the nerves are on providence right now. we didnt even press?

better team won. we only down samuel from our previous games. depth not an excuse, we had more bench minutes than them.

just played like crap and too little too late when prov stepped off the gas. they didnt even look that great either.

Yeah something definitely wrong with Rhoden. I’ve never seen him quite like this. Cale was invisible except the last couple minutes. Depleted team.

Providence took advantage and won like they really should at home with no Ike and Samuel.

Reactions: chickenbox
Dudes averaging 17 points a game and you want to make that statement having no idea what circumstances he’s been under the past 17 days?
There’s 17 points a game and then there are the 17 points a game he gets. I’m not saying it bc of his game today. I just don’t see him in the same sentence as the other 3 I mentioned.

better team won. we only down samuel from our previous games. depth not an excuse, we had more bench minutes than them.

just played like crap and too little too late when prov stepped off the gas. they didnt even look that great either.
Don’t agree down only Samuel. Rhoden was not 100%, no way.

ok but… 17 days off and we’re not sure who might have had Covid and what degree it’s a factor.

There’s 17 points a game and then there are the 17 points a game he gets. I’m not saying it bc of his game today. I just don’t see him in the same sentence as the other 3 I mentioned.
Make that statement at the end of the year. Don’t do it at after an 18 day layoff when the whole team has been sick.

Good close of game. They were that close to a game tying possession:

Got to get Nova now. Frustrating, but not the end of the world loss.

Disappointing. We definitely would be the better team at full strength. The lack of practice time also hurt. Our 3 point shooting is a mess. Jamir had some good open looks. He's got to drain those. Aiken's shot selection in the first half was a real momentum killer.

Reactions: shu09
Why, I think Providence is better than Villanova and we’re home instead of away?

also, Horchler has increased his 3s made in this one game by 30% for the year.
yeah someone needs to cut his damn hair, we always have some white guy smoke us who otherwise never does anyone else he looks like hes about to go play for guns n roses 2nite

Reactions: sami
Don’t agree down only Samuel. Rhoden was not 100%, no way.
he just had a very bad game. his whole game relies on making hairbag midrange shots and they didnt fall tonight. he couldnt even get them off. youre going to get some of these games.

he just had a very bad game. his whole game relies on making hairbag midrange shots and they didnt fall tonight. he couldnt even get them off. youre going to get some of these games.
I don’t know, he didn’t seem like he could get half of them to the rim.

I'm by no means a moral victory kind of guy but you went on the road against a top 20 team, without a starter and a couple of other guys who would have got minutes tonight off a 17 day stretch of no games and lord knows what else COVID wise and you play it tight? I honestly expected us to get blown out. They looked like a team that hasn't played for two and a half weeks. And I don't think Nova will look that much better even with guys back. But this team plays hard, they never quit and when everything gets sorted they'll have a chance to beat anyone in the Big East and a ton of teams in the country.

no because did you see their bench vs ours? we had EMPTY chairs plus the Priest, Prov had like 8 guys on the bench at least
Should have made the trip, probably could have dropped Felt a $50 to get a seat on the bench.

Reactions: HALL85
does Covid not exist in Rhode Island? how come Nova and PC have no issues but others do?

Providence was essentially at full strength tonight and had much more time to practice as a team
they played same amount of guys, and had less bench minutes. is 14 days off that much different from 17 or whatever it is?

no because did you see their bench vs ours? we had EMPTY chairs plus the Priest, Prov had like 8 guys on the bench at least
they didnt play any of them. SHU had more bench minutes.

have any response to that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT