ADVERTISEMENT

April Recruiting Tweets

There are certain HS/Prep schools that when a player we have high interest in we never get like Roselle Catholic and Blair is on that list.

hard blue glasses thinking that maryland would even care about willard, skinn, or his son.
Not to belabor because Sami was clearly joking ....but there are legs to rumor that MD had an eye on KW. Just like Va Tech, just like holy cross!! But as long as the school supports him and the program-like facilities and assistant coach pay-he’s not going to get plucked IMHO

Reactions: mikewalsh
Not to belabor because Sami was clearly joking ....but there are legs to rumor that MD had an eye on KW. Just like Va Tech, just like holy cross!! But as long as the school supports him and the program-like facilities and assistant coach pay-he’s not going to get plucked IMHO
they had 2 eyes on other people

Whatever you say
i mean those universities have coaches and they arent willard. guy has one tournament win. the fact he had rumors about dreg level holy cross shows you where he lies as viable power 5 interest.

it doesnt mean hes an awful coach, but its just more so reality.

i mean those universities have coaches and they arent willard. guy has one tournament win. the fact he had rumors about dreg level holy cross shows you where he lies as viable power 5 interest.

it doesnt mean hes an awful coach, but its just more so reality.
Didn’t Va Tech and BC have interest in him?

Reactions: Hallsome
his name was floated out with due diligence but it wasnt ever a major threat and the boosters/fans were vocal against it.
But you chose Holt Cross as an example of his viability as a P5 coach, instead of actual P5 coaching jobs? I think he was much stronger consideration for at least one of those then you’d like to believe.

But you chose Holt Cross as an example of his viability as a P5 coach, instead of actual P5 coaching jobs? I think he was much stronger consideration for at least one of those then you’d like to believe.
what? holy cross is terrible. the fact they offered gives you an idea. hed easily be accepted to holy cross. the others only this board thinks were serious threats

what? holy cross is terrible. the fact they offered gives you an idea. hed easily be accepted to holy cross. the others only this board thinks were serious threats

Not for nothing, but how do you know what went on or didn’t go on between Willard and Va Tech?

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09 and mikewalsh
Not for nothing, but how do you what went on or didn’t go on between Willard and Va Tech?
i know they hired the guy who just came off dismantling kevin willards team in the tournament. but youre right they were pretty desperate after buzz bolted.

as for the fans, that was abundantly evident on their forums.

Any idea what Zachs screen name is on this board lol? Or Jon Rothstein?

After four straight NCAA Tournament bids and 20-win seasons, Kevin Willard is starting to gain traction nationwide, and it could cost Seton Hall.

The Pirates head coach is a serious candidate to replace Buzz Williams at Virginia Tech, sources confirmed, after hearing from the ACC school last week

i know they hired the guy who just came off dismantling kevin willards team in the tournament. but youre right they were pretty desperate after buzz bolted.

You know everything that goes on in the minds of Athletic Directors everywhere. Were you born obnoxious, or is it an acquired trait?

KW had led us to four straight tournaments at the time, one of only 13 schools to do so but Va. Tech only considered him because they were desperate. Lol.

Good stuff. You'll make a helluva fiction writer someday.

The reason Holy Cross thought they had a chance was bc his father both played and coached at Holy Cross; not because the PL is more appropriate for his coaching level as you seem to want everyone to believe.

You know everything that goes on in the minds of Athletic Directors everywhere. Were you born obnoxious, or is it an acquired trait?
im just saying this board always thinks shu is the only school that exists. all our recruits are great, we are the best at developing players, our coach was on thr brink of being stolen by VT...

this board tends to see things in a bubble. that no other teams exist, doing the exact same thing with good coaches and player development. Our success under willard in the shu bubble has been great. to the outside world its decent.

I think Willard is one good NCAA run away from being a hot commodity.
thats really the difference maker. one of the few things that matter. the one strike on willards record.

guys like enfield at dunk city go to major programs off the backs of one run

holy cross was when he was almost fired before IW - I raised that school to draw a general distinction to where he was and where he is

he turned down Va Tech

BC didn’t want to pay him enough but I admit I don’t know what alums/boosters really thought

I stand by comment that MD, including some alumni, boosters and ADMIN, but not all, were/are interested in him because of the success he’s had at a school with 1/10th the resources

responding to former athlete can be so painful at times

im just saying this board always thinks shu is the only school that exists. all our recruits are great, we are the best at developing players, our coach was on thr brink of being stolen by VT...

this board tends to see things in a bubble. that no other teams exist, doing the exact same thing with good coaches and player development. Our success under willard in the shu bubble has been great. to the outside world its decent.
Or maybe you're just too close to the situation as a fan and steadfast in your opinion of him that you don't realize that what he's accomplished is pretty well respected to the outside world. In your\ view, he was never a viable choice for a P5, HC position, when in the real world, he actually was.

Or maybe you're just too close to the situation as a fan and steadfast in your opinion of him that you don't realize that what he's accomplished is pretty well respected to the outside world. In your\ view, he was never a viable choice for a P5, HC position, when in the real world, he actually was.
how many other viable P5 coaches is holy cross going after? i think people gave him a look, due dilligence, but neither party was really interested enough. reading VT message boards you found out 1) fans would be irate if they signed him and 2) they werent ever leaning his way. they were desperate so they could have gone with their 3/4/5th options

fwiw i think willard was even less interested in VT.

This is just a silly response. It’s an implicit understanding that ALL major collegiate athletic boards share the same biases toward their school. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t be fans. Are you saying that your responses aren’t authentic and just contrarian to the opinions on this board?

Let’s just say that Willard has gotten more positive press and outside love than anyone since Amaker. And it’s deserved.

how many other viable P5 coaches is holy cross going after? i think people gave him a look, due dilligence, but neither party was really interested enough. reading VT message boards you found out 1) fans would be irate if they signed him and 2) they werent ever leaning his way. they were desperate so they could have gone with their 3/4/5th options

fwiw i think willard was even less interested in VT.
So you’re saying the post above where they offered is a lie? Or did the rescind the offer after they read their message board? You’re living in a world where you want to believe no one would want Willard, but it’s not based in any fact.
Not sure why you keep bringing up Holy Cross. If I had they chance I’d asked Natalie Portman on a date, but she’d probably say no.

Let’s just say that Willard has gotten more positive press and outside love than anyone since Amaker. And it’s deserved.
you can absolutely say that, but shows the bar is low for shu fans. its not for the rest of the cbb realm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT