To date

1. Hurley
King of the Hill until someone knocks him off his perth

2. Holloway
Wed bumped him back here after last weekend's fiasco

3. Smart
8 in a row. Saturday at UConn will tell us more

4. Matta
Hanging here for now. Next two against Creighton and Nova will tell us if this is legit

5. McDermott
Schedule is going to get a lot tougher

6. English
Two easy W's and 4 tough games will tell the story

7. Miller
No show yesterday drops him

8. Neptune
Two vs Georgetown tells nothing. But the rest of the schedule will

9. Pitino
Easiest remaining schedule will help

10. Cooley
+/- taking a recent pounding

11. Stubblefield/Brady
Could be the worst team in the history of the league

1 - Hurley
2 - Holloway
3 - Matta
4 - Smart
5 - Miller
6 - McDermott
7 - English
8 - Pitino
9 - Neptune
10 - Cooley
11 - Stubblefield

Hurley for sure. I didn't think he could bring UConn back to anything even near what Calhoun had, but he has. I'm so impressed every time I watch one of their games. Assuming no injuries or major disruptions, I'm quite confident in saying they're going to win the national title again.

Tough to tell who's done a worse job at the bottom (among the 9 competitive teams in the league). I'm actually going to go with Pitino there. Really surprised how poorly he's done with St. John's this year.

1. Hurley
2. Matta
3. Holloway
4. Smart
5. Miller
6. English
7. McDermott
8. Neptune
9. Pitino
10. Cooley
11. Stubblefield

Agree about Pitino. A lot of talent on St John’s. But three big transfers that they are counting on are from mid major ranks who are used to being the main guy— Dingle, Ledlum, Louis. Maybe he has too many guys who need too many minutes to be effective.

No surprise from this list. One important aspect of coaching is getting everything you can out of your team. That’s why Sha deserves it this year. Make the tourney get to 12 wins. That is over performing and having less resources to work with.

That ranking may very well be correct, but it seems highly unlikely this guy has insights to the NIL earnings of every BigEast player. Schools are refusing to give NIL information to the NCAA but they are releasing it to @Whitesoxbill?

No surprise from this list. One important aspect of coaching is getting everything you can out of your team. That’s why Sha deserves it this year. Make the tourney get to 12 wins. That is over performing and having less resources to work with.

Just pitiful re SHU. To be ahead of only DePaul...we should be ashamed. From the admins to the alums, to the fanbase.

This has to change and it starts with us.

A message sent to me by Mike McBride.

Our events are getting better with attendance slowly increasing, the fun game day engagements (flagman, we win- give, etc) are introducing new supporters to Onward Setonia. One-time contributions of all sizes are steady. But with that said Onward Setonia is hoping and needing for a larger portion of the fan base to get engaged. With opportunities of all levels, there's no reason every supporter couldn’t find that opportunity to participate in some way, big or small.

If every Seton Hall fan/alum participated at any chosen level that would create a solid foundation.

In the next week or two look for an idea borne from talking to Mike Walsh and Bryan Felt that will allow our donors to participate in a much needed cause to help secure a better roster for coach Holloway. I truly hope that everyone here will support the effort.

Dan, looking forward to a quarterly update with you in the next few weeks. And then at the conclusion of the season taking questions from your readers.

Dan - thanks for sharing. We really do need to step it up. I really fear losing Hollaway. He is a competitor, and he wants to win and NIL is making things very difficult for him.

While the NIL is just insane and the transfer portal is ruining college sports, what is a number that we need for our program? Is it $1.5M? You had indicated that the NIL should improve once the Practice Facility is done. Is that still the case? Are we making any progress with some of our former players and coaches? Hurley already said he will donate to NIL when he retires. What about Vitale, Raftery, PJ, Karnishovas, Griffin, etc. I am really looking forward to McBride's next update.

I absolutely despise the NIL, but SHU is finally in a place with a coach that can bring in talent. He just needs the resources. We actually got lucky with the timing with Sha. If Willard did not go to Maryland in '22, Sha was going to be getting another job and it may have been tough to get him when Willard finally left. The timing was finally right in that regard, we need to maximize it.

matta and holloway are doing the most with the least. i cant tell if english is going to be great or night.

pitino might be getting dunked on by father time
I am not saying Danny isnt doing a great job. Maybe even the best job (though two of his best players go down and still no one can beat them, except the team picked #9). So for me, if a team is picked 9 out of 11, finishes strong and up in the top 4, that coach is getting my vote. That may be unfair. But that is how my vote would be cast.

I've never been a big fan of the COY award because in a sense it's kind of a catch 22 - the better coach you are the more difficult it is to win the award.

I am not saying Danny isnt doing a great job. Maybe even the best job (though two of his best players go down and still no one can beat them, except the team picked #9). So for me, if a team is picked 9 out of 11, finishes strong and up in the top 4, that coach is getting my vote. That may be unfair. But that is how my vote would be cast.
hard to argue, unless that one team is #1 not just in the conference, but in the country. i think sha needs to finish really strong to get it

Reactions: Turiddu
Hurley for sure. I didn't think he could bring UConn back to anything even near what Calhoun had, but he has. I'm so impressed every time I watch one of their games. Assuming no injuries or major disruptions, I'm quite confident in saying they're going to win the national title again.

Tough to tell who's done a worse job at the bottom (among the 9 competitive teams in the league). I'm actually going to go with Pitino there. Really surprised how poorly he's done with St. John's this year.

1. Hurley
2. Matta
3. Holloway
4. Smart
5. Miller
6. English
7. McDermott
8. Neptune
9. Pitino
10. Cooley
11. Stubblefield
I’d say UConn/Hurley has become the new Nova.

Not only in stature in the league, but if/when they win another Natty, nationally as well as within the league.

As Danny’s school that he truly loves and his Alma Mater. I’m proud of his success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT