ADVERTISEMENT

FedEx

Rutgers already tapped Prudential. Not sure how you measure success for Mike McBride, but most objective way is running tally of $ commitments via collectives/sponsorship opportunities, etc..

Fb is imo the obvious and understandable reason for pru and ru. Imo

FedEx has pledged $25 million under NIL to Memphis over the next 5 years . This is the type of relationship that Seton Hall needs to establish with commercial enterprises.
No different then what has been happening the last 10 years or so. It's just now it's above board.

Reactions: Burnsly and Seton75
It’s super easy we just call up Charles Lowery. Hey Charlie bunch of seton hall fans on pirate crew were hoping you could cut a quick check for 20M. Also the pretzels are too expensive and the lights are too bright.

It’s super easy we just call up Charles Lowery. Hey Charlie bunch of seton hall fans on pirate crew were hoping you could cut a quick check for 20M. Also the pretzels are too expensive and the lights are too bright.
Once again, two different things.

Same idea, all these things are complex and take time. I sell software and boy do I wish I could just say something outloud and the deal closes.
It’s not. Harris owns the Prudential Center and the Devils, so filling the seats for both is good business.

What does Charles Lowry gain??

Some people on here act like Prudential owns the arena, they pay the Devils /arena to advertise which has little to do with SHU in grand scheme of things.

They may have contributed to Rutgers NIL for multiple reasons, which are independent of SHU as well.

Reactions: Seton75 and HALL85
Of course Mike is talking to corporate partners. I highly recommend you attend one of our NIL events. They are fun, informative and support the cause.

Also SHUNJ I know your a super informed poster and always bringing value so wasn't trying to be rude more just saying I think they are trying everything. Most companies unless possessing grads of the program aren't really going to lean in here unless the ROI is $$$. I agree the pru center could benefit.

Reactions: chickenbox
Memphis football does surprisingly well from an attendance and TV perspective. Averaged over 30k per game this past season.
The University has a very strong fan base. For many years they were the only game in town. The football team churns out consistent winning seasons in a non-NFL city. Even now, with the Grizzlies, the basketball program does well.

FedEx has long been a supporter of Memphis sports.

Reactions: Gohall129
Some people on here act like Prudential owns the arena, they pay the Devils /arena to advertise which has little to do with SHU in grand scheme of things.

They may have contributed to Rutgers NIL for multiple reasons, which are independent of SHU as well.
They advertise where SHU plays and are Newark natives. They have deep pockets which is why you ask them to help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT