ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Pirates vs. Creighton

we should just goto the midwest and find all these farm boys who shoot 3's wed be like Creighton in no time, Kalkbrenner I dont get because hes a skinny boney guy who SHOULD get out muscled but anyways

It's a good question. We seem to prefer streetballers and one on one playmakers versus fundamentally sound, team players. Been this way for a while now, under multiple staffs.
i think shu, especially now, has to take chances with castoffs of other teams. we just dont have the ability to compete in the recruiting game.

that being said, sha is turning garbage into gold this season but its still garbage.

The highs and lows of Kadary are wild. The highs are amazing. The lows you can't even have him on the floor. Even though we absolutely have too.

He sets the tone. Was out of it from the start again tonight, though not quite as bad as the no-show at Villanova. Bad combo when you get a rough half from Davis and little from Dawes and Bediako.

Reactions: schultz1825
I’m shocked we are only down 16. They have made 8 wide open 3s and missed about 6+ more to our 1 3. I am more disappointed tonight then I was in the Nova game

Getting so damn tired of us not being able to beat creighton and nova. These are beatable schools, yet it seems like, in many cases, we don’t even show up! You would think it would be a point of emphasis with Sha to turn our fortunes around against these opponents, but he and the team keep getting punked by them.

We should have taken care of business when we had creighton on the ropes on our home floor - bad calls or not. We should have shown up for the road games at nova and tonight. None of that happened, and this is the unfortunate position we find ourselves in. Very frustrating. I mean, this is a crucial game, and it’s like the team should not have even bothered to show up. Same thing with the nova game. Unacceptable performances.

If we don't make the tournament, it will be because of the home losses to Rutgers, Creighton, and Providence. We had Creighton beat and gagged it. We had Providence beat and gave it to them down the stretch. Rutgers was just a bad loss. Every team (except the very best) lays an egg. That was ours.

That was a brutal half....expected to get handled easily tonight, but the defensive effort was bad.

Just win the last 2 games, were home, we have revenge vs Nova, and Depaul..... its all in our hands, this week was just abberation we all knew it , we HOPED to do something but if not we cant get 2 mad

He's doing ok
Least of the problems out there. I usually don't call out individual players but,

If you play scared on the road and don't embrace it this is what you get.
So far Wusu, come on man. That wasn't Division One.
Richmond stupid fouls and afraid to take threes that are available
Davis trying to do too much
Bediako not so good
Dawes too much dribbling
EHE??
I'm hoping the guys can rally and get this respectable. Sha needs the team to play a strong second half. Protect the NET as much as possible.

They are just an awful matchup for us. We cant seem to guard a ball screen. They find the open man every posession amd our guys cant get clean shots

I think he's hurt. Looked like he has something on his shooting arm/hand last couple of games.
Didn’t notice. Could explain the poor shooting…

But he’s running the ball in transition worse than half of the Morris county CYO league

Reactions: shu09
Least of the problems out there. I usually don't call out individual players but,

If you play scared on the road and don't embrace it this is what you get.
So far Wusu, come on man. That wasn't Division One.
Richmond stupid fouls and afraid to take threes that are available
Davis trying to do too much
Bediako not so good
Dawes too much dribbling
EHE??
I'm hoping the guys can rally and get this respectable. Sha needs the team to play a strong second half. Protect the NET as much as possible.

You summed it up well. The point about Richmond is spot on in particular.

we just have 2 win at home and were good, this week is basically bonus money creighton n uconn are like 28-2 at home so it is what it is, would have liked us 2 play better but lets take the beatdown regroup and finish 2-0

we should just goto the midwest and find all these farm boys who shoot 3's wed be like Creighton in no time, Kalkbrenner I dont get because hes a skinny boney guy who SHOULD get out muscled but anyways
Maybe shu can find a relative of ricky roe and get him a nil deal with john deere

I think he's hurt. Looked like he has something on his shooting arm/hand last couple of games.
4 for his last 35 from three. That's going into Molson territory. I hope he can shut us up and play a great second half. He has to pick it up.

Reactions: PirateFan94
Airmailed three from Wusu to cap off what might have been one of the worst halves of basketball I've ever seen from a high D-I player.
dawes and wusu round out the top 5 worst halves ive ever seen. wusu might have all 5 by this point

If you assume 1. We beat DePaul 2. Providence doesn’t win out AND 3 Nova doesn’t win out. We are locked into the 4 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT