ADVERTISEMENT

No emotion/excitement

IronKaz1

All World
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2004
My fellow Pirates, during Willards early years when we were just plain BAD I still would root like hell for our team and always though "we can win" even when we were terrible, this team this season I watched the game last night and my wife goes why so quiet isnt the game on? I said yeah, but theyre gonna lose again, no excitement like before, i watch this team and if its a blowout i once used to get "pissed" now I just go oh well...... anyone else like that this season?

My fellow Pirates, during Willards early years when we were just plain BAD I still would root like hell for our team and always though "we can win" even when we were terrible, this team this season I watched the game last night and my wife goes why so quiet isnt the game on? I said yeah, but theyre gonna lose again, no excitement like before, i watch this team and if its a blowout i once used to get "pissed" now I just go oh well...... anyone else like that this season?
Probably because we have a bunch of transplants on the team and at best 1 promising player to pay attention to.

yeah but when we had our whithead class come in they took over and i had enthusiasm, these guys i just watch em hoist up 3's and miss and miss and im like yeah yeah yeah what else is new, my joy is now muted

Agree. First season in a quarter century where I don't have season tickets. I watched last night but didn't really care either way. I actually thought the Rutgers team was a fun watch, knowing full well they aren't that great of a team. But they have a good coach and some pieces. They clearly wanted it more. Griffiths is a fun player. Wish we could get talent like that.

yeah but when we had our whithead class come in they took over and i had enthusiasm, these guys i just watch em hoist up 3's and miss and miss and im like yeah yeah yeah what else is new, my joy is now muted

That class was also recruited out of HS and we got to witness their senior years knowing they would be coming to SHU.

Again, we knew them before they got here.

You mean the McDonald’s All-American 5-star top 15 recruit Isaiah Whitehead? And the Angel Delgado top 50 recruit? Yea, I would say that’s pretty exciting no matter which way you slice it. That was a special class and a very rare, possibly once in a generation SHU class.

I’m not even looking for that. That’s extremely unrealistic. I just want to watch a tolerable brand of basketball. Whatever has happened on the court since Sha has been here is not basketball. Blame it on the players. Blame it on the coach. I don’t care. The players are a product of the coach. Show some progress. We’re seemingly going backwards in every game we play. Disheartening to say the least.

Agree. First season in a quarter century where I don't have season tickets. I watched last night but didn't really care either way. I actually thought the Rutgers team was a fun watch, knowing full well they aren't that great of a team. But they have a good coach and some pieces. They clearly wanted it more. Griffiths is a fun player. Wish we could get talent like that.
You nailed it with the coach comment. He’s not just good. He’s very good. He has a plan. An identity. He knows what he wants. He relates to his players. Whatever our coach is doing belongs somewhere in the 1990s.

I think it’s bc of the roster turnover. The Willard players were part of some big moments and winning (even Jackson, Harris, Samuel last year) but there’s only 1 left. Two key players last year were 1-year guys (Odukale, Ndefo). There’s been a lot of change. The program was very consistent for 7-8 years developing guys who stayed.

Plus we get blown out a lot, collapsed last year. No expectations this year. Theres not much juice. We’re 21-20 since Sha took over.

Even the board was pretty negative all offseason about the roster before the sudden hit of optimism before the year began.

You’re getting older. That’s all

NIL. Ruined college basketball. I have lost interest as well over past couple of years. Can’t watch players develop. Most solid players will leave for more $$. Watching player development over four years thing of past. Plus, I am getting older too. :)

Last edited:
1156c4_d2b189a860f44040be24ba733c2ef50d~mv2.gif

about sums up this season courtesy of NIL & Sha + Dawes

Have to be excited by our new recruits Felton and Godswill though!

Godswill has a great motor just like Cliff last night. He was at the game last night.

He’ll be a fan favorite!

Reactions: U-Hall
Have to be excited by our new recruits Felton and Godswill though!

Godswill has a great motor just like Cliff last night. He was at the game last night.

He’ll be a fan favorite!
I’m excited for every recruit and watch them with an open mind. What I don’t do is compare them to an established very good player with multiple years of college basketball under his best at a high level. Because that would just be setting myself up for disappointment.

Yup. Season tix holder for more than a decade. Going to games almost feels like a chore now. There just isn’t a realistic hope they’ll do any damage.

theres no potential for competitive seasons when you have so little money

Giant fans were filled with glee last week after getting the W. Forget that they only scored 3 points in the 2nd half & let the Patriots drive down the field in the last minute only to miss a 35 yard field goal that would have tied the game.

NIL. Ruined college basketball. I have lost interest as well over past couple of years. Can’t watch players develop. Most solid players will leave for more $$. Watching player development over four years thing of past. Plus, I am getting older too. :)
Bingo. They killed what made college basketball great.....David beating Goliath. Now it's the Junior NBA except every player is a free agent EVERY year. At least the winter weather is good here in Charleston so I have plenty of other things to do with my time.

Reactions: Jerry1992
That’s what happens when you wait three years to see what everyone else is doing while doing absolutely nothing yourself.
even if we didnt we are probably the poorest school in the big east. by a decent margin.

Probably because we have a bunch of transplants on the team and at best 1 promising player to pay attention to.
Get to know some of the players, as we have, talking to them at the Beefsteak, Booster club dinner, or attending NIL fund-raising events. This is a nice group of kids and they deserve our support, as does the coach.

I get being frustrated at times, but the team, the staff and the school needs our support.

Go Pirates!

Reactions: BucBloc
Paat 2 seasons i watch the games w a frown and zero emotion. No highs, no excitement. Almost like why am i watching this anymore

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT