ADVERTISEMENT

Rangers vs. Devils

SOpirate

All Big East
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2021
Big week for the metro area hockey teams. Who’s everyone pulling for in the battle of the Hudson?

Pretty compelling story lines. Devils young guns Hughes & Hischier against rangers vets. Kane & Hughes also two of the best American skaters all time going head to head.

Last edited:
Let’s go Rangers! (Though I think the Devils will win the series). Always special when these two meet up in the playoffs.

Reactions: SOpirate
Rangers take game 1 in an impressive win. Feels like the Hughes goal could be big if devils come out strong in game 2.

Devils special teams absolutely atrocious though.

Reactions: Powerful Pirates
Whoa. Rangers b-slap the Devils in the mug. devs better be there on Thursday.

Are the fans at MSG in the old blue section still the same. Those guys went after it. Almost made me a hockey fan lol

Rangers played near-to-perfection last night. Really seemed to have the Devils' number. Look for a different Devils team to skate tomorrow night.

Rangers played near-to-perfection last night. Really seemed to have the Devils' number. Look for a different Devils team to skate tomorrow night.
Won’t be as lopsided but if Igor continues to play like he did last night it’ll be a short series

I thought the Devils would have an edge because of how turnover prone the Rangers have been all year. It plays right into what the Devils want to do. But outside of the last 10 minutes of period one the rangers were very disciplined. If they can maintain that structure and get that type of goaltending from Igor they will be a tough out.

A good opening two games for the Rangers but as we saw last year when the went down 0-2 to Carolina and won and were up 2-0 vs Tampa and lost, these series can turn on a dime.

Clock hasn’t struck midnight yet but it’s getting close for the devils. Hard to imagine a team with as much experience as the rangers letting their foot off Jersey’s throat.

The Ranger fans were loud at The Pru last night. Even the constant playing from the organist couldn’t drown out the Ranger fans.

The Ranger fans were loud at The Pru last night. Even the constant playing from the organist couldn’t drown out the Ranger fans.
Still not as loud as game 5 2008. Swear it must’ve been a 50/50 split that night.

Lots of fans. Cups, not so many

But so far they look vastly superior after not beating them all season.

I was wrong [again]. Another 5-1 domination by Rangers at the Rock.
Think it will be this again in game three at the Garden.
Devils are toast.

This is why the NHL (and hockey in general) are so much better than the NBA. No way an NBA team would drop the first 2 at home and then go win back-back games in their rival’s building.

NBA is a joke as a whole but that’s a discussion for another thread.

The best playoffs are college hoops, NHL and MLB. Nothing else comes close. Great fun.

Reactions: Piratz
The only time I watch NHL is playoffs. Usually after a series gets to game 3 or 4. Then it’s compelling. Still love NBA playoffs!

Reactions: hallstorm
The only time I watch NHL is playoffs. Usually after a series gets to game 3 or 4. Then it’s compelling. Still love NBA playoffs!
The intensity and physical play in the NHL is so different.

The intensity and physical play in the NHL is so different.
According to Mike breen during the Knicks broadcast: 116 NHL players played all 82 games this season while only 2 NBA players did the same.

Just two completely different types of athletes.

Reactions: HALL85
According to Mike breen during the Knicks broadcast: 116 NHL players played all 82 games this season while only 2 NBA players did the same.

Just two completely different types of athletes.
NHL athletes are the sickest in conditioning. Their explosive power is off the charts. The watts they generate in power movements is insane.

Can a home team win? Great pass by Hischier for the winner in game 4. Maybe he breaks out of his goal scoring slump. Lets go Devils!

Momentum is with New Jersey but have to think the rangers experience gives them a slight edge heading into tonight (even though I said that earlier in the series lol)

For some reason I feel this game will be a convincing win one way or the other. If the Rangers bring the same energy as game 4 they will get walloped. Is there more pressure on the kid goalie playing in front of home fans.

What a turnaround! Give up 10 goals in two games, and shut down with only 2 in three games.

Amazingly the last two playoff series the rangers have lost seven games after taking a 2-0 lead

Hard to figure that a good team would lay two big eggs at home and get manhandled, but looks like that is what happened. And man, the NYR golie was awesome late in the game or it was gonna be ugly.

Reactions: Section112
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT