ADVERTISEMENT

Rangers vs. Devils

Watching the Thursday replay, should have been at least 7-0 if not for Shesterkin. Devil speed and scoring chances in 3rdā€¦dominant.

Reactions: Gritty5837
Rangers third win by 3+ goals. Someone please tell me how this is an outlier šŸ˜‚

Reactions: SHUSA
Rangers third win by 3+ goals. Someone please tell me how this is an outlier šŸ˜‚
Rangers have kicked the devs ass when they won. IMO no doubt about that. But a win is a win and the series is tided.

I know next to nothing about hockey, but I said to a friend if Krieder gets back into it, with that goalie, could be curtains. Was hoping to see that 1st period end. Then the thigh goal and the penalty and curtains it was.

Rangers have kicked the devs ass when they won. IMO no doubt about that. But a win is a win and the sweries is tiesd

I know next to nothing about hockey, but I said to a friend if Krieder gets back into it, with that goalie, could be curtains. Was hoping to see that 1st period end. Then the thigh goal and the penalty and curtains it was.
Will be interesting to see if ruff sticks with Schmid in net, Rangers seem to have found his weakness and itā€™s high glove side. Think you have to ride with him at this point, though.

Reactions: Seton75
devils fans are sweating. which is odd for a team thats apparently hands down better

devils fans are sweating. which is odd for a team thats apparently hands down better
I have been sweating since the series started. On MLB last night a special on my Dodgers, the 88 WC. I think they were 1-11 against the Mets in reg season. Beat them in 7, two no homer guys hit huge hrs to win league then WS series. And in hockey, the goalie has the same effect as starting an ace it seems to me and the nyr goalie is great and he is starting again damnit. I think we are gonna win. If we lead 4-0 in the thrid period I will be anxious until the buzzer.

I think the magic number in this game is 3. Either team gets there and theyā€™re looking good.

As a rangers fan itā€™s a little more comforting having Shesterkin in net but as weā€™ve seen, anything can happen in a game 7.

Nothing to sweat here. Rangers have played great, they are the veteran team with the much better goaltender with their team playing in their backyard. So to be honest, the rangers should win and if they donā€™t by losing to unproven, young, and inexperienced kids/goalie (especially after being up 2-0 on two road wins), they will have severely choked. So ranger fans should be confident tonight. They are the team better positioned to win this type of game and anything else would be a disappointment. No pressure, but a win here and they could go to the cup

I am a huge Ranger fan, but my secondary team is the Devils. So at least I can say I will still have a major rooting interest when all is said and done.

How's that for a copout? ;)

I am not a knowledable fan. But taking the NYR to 7 games with a young team after losing the first two at home so badly is not an awful result.

I am 70. The rangers have won one cup in my life, 4 in their history (same as the Islanders I think lol) . They are not exactly the YANKEES though sometimes it seems the media and fans think they are. Just another mediocre NYC franchise never able to take advantage of NYC or MSG.

I don't think either team has an edge on pressure. How much more pressure could the Devils have had after getting thumped in their own building down 2-0 and having to win two in MSG? How much pressure were the Rangers feeling to avoid a Game 6 elimination in their own building?

Devils have the edge with speed and skill; Rangers have the edge wit experience and goaltending. I don't see either team coming back from two goals down.

I think hockey being the step child of the professional sports leagues and NYR being one of the few teams to consistently garner national attention makes them an easy target to hate for most other fans.

I am not a knowledable fan. But taking the NYR to 7 games with a young team after losing the first two at home so badly is not an awful result.

I am 70. The rangers have won one cup in my life, 4 in their history (same as the Islanders I think lol) . They are not exactly the YANKEES though sometimes it seems the media and fans think they are. Just another mediocre NYC franchise never able to take advantage of NYC or MSG.
Not sure i understand what take advantage of NYC means?

I certainly dont like the fact that road teams won 2 game 7s yesterday, haha. I feel like that will eventually break the other way.

I certainly dont like the fact that road teams won 2 game 7s yesterday, haha. I feel like that will eventually break the other way
Who knows. I donā€™t think many people would have bet on those squads yesterday. Letā€™s hope the devils donā€™t play nervous and both teams play to their capabilities (and the refs donā€™t blow and no one gets hurt) so we see another great game 7

Reactions: HALL85
Devils with home ice and by far the best player on the ice. Super hot young goalie. Have gotten the better of the play. Some very bad whistles against them the last two game. Hope that changes.

What a game. Schmid with ice water in his veins and Ruff made the call to put the kid in Game 3 and ride him.

Speed kills. With Boston and Colorado knocked out, the path to the cup is a tad easier as well. On to Raleigh.

Congrats to the Devils. They are still only on the way up with all that youth. This was the rangers best chance to get them and I only can see the gap getting wider next season.

Donā€™t even know where I begin this off season if Iā€™m Chris Drury.

Devils with a bright future with terrific young talent blended with proven winners and successful veterans.
Still early but the playoffs are wide open now and the sky's the limit for this team who's got a real legit chance for their 4th cup.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
What a game. Schmid with ice water in his veins and Ruff made the call to put the kid in Game 3 and ride him.

Speed kills. With Boston and Colorado knocked out, the path to the cup is a tad easier as well. On to Raleigh.
Not really sure how many 1 seeds win it all in the NHL. I think last year was the first time in at least a decade a top seed won the cup. Itā€™s all about the goaltender who is playing the best.

Congrats to the Devils. They are still only on the way up with all that youth. This was the rangers best chance to get them and I only can see the gap getting wider next season.

Donā€™t even know where I begin this off season if Iā€™m Chris Drury.
I hope Drury is not the one making the calls. He needs to go.

Maybe under competent ownership but this is Jim Dolan weā€™re talking about.
Thatā€™s is the larger concern. He was largely hands off under Sather/Gorton which resulted in a pretty good stretch of success. Then he got involved when Drury sold him a bunch of crap which resulted in the front office house cleaning and the roster has largely deteriorated since then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT