ADVERTISEMENT

Rangers vs. Devils

I saved a lot of money off of tuition playing. Anyway, I think Schmid’s .805 sv% & 6.82 GAA vs Carolina prove my point. He was a nice story in round 1, but there’s a reason he was playing juniors 2 years ago.

So no juniors? Tuesday night beer league or roller for you now, I guess. I played for John Warchol, you probably have no idea who that is. Anyway, no one said Schmid was Brodeur, so I don't know what point you're referring to.

So far your points were that NYR won bigger in their victories than they lost by, so therefore should have won the series, and then you try to bigtime a fellow amateur hockey player, which is similar to the last point you made which is that if anyone disagrees with you, they either know nothing about hockey or never played.

FWIW the Canes were the better team all season, thus their seed, like the Devils were better than the rangers. It's not complicated.

So no juniors? Tuesday night beer league or roller for you now, I guess. I played for John Warchol, you probably have no idea who that is. Anyway, no one said Schmid was Brodeur, so I don't know what point you're referring to.

So far your points were that NYR won bigger in their victories than they lost by, so therefore should have won the series, and then you try to bigtime a fellow amateur hockey player, which is similar to the last point you made which is that if anyone disagrees with you, they either know nothing about hockey or never played.

FWIW the Canes were the better team all season, thus their seed, like the Devils were better than the rangers. It's not complicated.
Hey now. Mike Francesa made a lucrative career out of hardly being able to hit a ball off of a tee!

Reactions: donnie_baseball
The devs dont look like they should be on the same ice. Look totally overmatched to me. Way worse than 1 and 2 vs nyr
The Canes are very good, and are playing at the top of their game. The Devils have been bad all around. Guys with 20, 30, 40 goals with 1 or two goals through 11 playoff games now. Like a different team. As the hockey maven said, Schmid had a couple good games, but isn't exactly a top goalie. What's more surprising is that Vanacek, who won 33 games this year, looks terrible.

The Canes were better, but it wasn’t by a ton and they suffered a couple significant injuries. I think they were under .500 since when svechnikov got hurt (7-10 or something like that). that was one of the reason I thought the devils would win.

Of course, warchol is a jersey legend. But if I was trying to big time you I’d tell you I went 3-0 vs prep in my career ;)

The original comment I made that set you off is that schmid wouldn’t hold up against a sustained forecheck like the rangers had in game 6, and so far in the Carolina series that’s absolutely what has happened. Him and vanechek have both crumbled under the pressure.

Don’t know if you’re intentionally putting words in my mouth, but where did I ever say NYR deserved to win the series? You said their wins were “outliers” I’m pointing out that the series was played extremely tight, and I don’t think one team was clearly better than the other. Coin toss series, devils found a way to get it done and thus earned a trip to the second round.

Last edited:
The original comment I made that set you off is that schmid wouldn’t hold up against a sustained forecheck like the rangers had in game 6, and so far in the Carolina series that’s absolutely what has happened. Him and vanechek have both crumbled under the pressure
You maybe have me confused with someone else. I never said Schmid was fantastic, I just didn't think he got lit up. He had two shutouts, and also let in a couple he should have probably had, like the wrister from the high slot. I didn't fault him for the Zibanejad goal from the hash-marks. Vanacek has been much worse, and he played and won the bulk of the games this year. As you should know, it doesn't matter who your goalie is if the team plays like trash in front of him.

You maybe have me confused with someone else. I never said Schmid was fantastic, I just didn't think he got lit up. He had two shutouts, and also let in a couple he should have probably had, like the wrister from the high slot. I didn't fault him for the Zibanejad goal from the hash-marks. Vanacek has been much worse, and he played and won the bulk of the games this year. As you should know, it doesn't matter who your goalie is if the team plays like trash in front of him.
Oh maybe I did, a lot of devils fans here accusing me of being a sore loser lol. If you guys read my posts I’ve said I think the devils are cup contenders but goaltending is their biggest question mark. Contrary to popular opinion I don’t think they’re being outplayed by carolina that badly. Even average performance from their goalies and they’re at least competitive in each of their losses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT