ADVERTISEMENT

Rangers vs. Devils

First five minutes Saturday night will be big. Rangers are going to come out hard at MSG. If Schmid can weather that storm that will set the tone.

Reactions: The SHUttle
Hard to figure that a good team would lay two big eggs at home and get manhandled, but looks like that is what happened. And man, the NYR golie was awesome late in the game or it was gonna be ugly.
Devils speed is giving the Rangers so much trouble but they've also gotten much more physical which is making a huge difference. If they can get by the Rangers the next team that plays them should be worried.

Rangers look cooked. The worst part is watching Hughes and hischier dominate while kakko and lafreniere are invisible. What a complete bust those two turned out to be.

Patrick Kane looks like he’s more worried about what his handicap will be next week. Beyond embarrassing.

What? It looked like an 85-15 Devils fans last night. See link below, maybe mute it though. You know things are bad on the ice when Rangers fans resort to this point. Embarassing

The Pru is Rockin
Yeah as a rangers fan I agree that’s an irrelevant point. Reminds me of Rutgers fans insisting to themselves that SHU is their little brother every year after we beat them.

Yeah as a rangers fan I agree that’s an irrelevant point. Reminds me of Rutgers fans insisting to themselves that SHU is their little brother every year after we beat them.
im a flyers fan lol i hate the rangers more

are devils fans going to show up to their own games? embarassing
You know those are corporate seats given away to clients who happen to be ranger fans as the team has been around since the beginning. Corporations don’t care who use the seats and the devils are in their infancy in comparison to the rangers. So bound to be a lot of ranger fans that come out who live in jersey.

You know those are corporate seats given away to clients who happen to be ranger fans as the team has been around since the beginning. Corporations don’t care who use the seats and the devils are in their infancy in comparison to the rangers. So bound to be a lot of ranger fans that come out who live in jersey.
didnt know the corporate seats were dispersed all over the entire arena.

I'm not sure how that comment on the fans holds water in last night's game. The fans were heard & seen loud & clear through the TV for the entire game. I don't see much blue at all, and it's much less than what Games 1 & 2 had.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
Hearing them mention the blue shirts going home with 4 minutes to go reminded me of some fun nights at the rac!

Hockey is the ultimate momentum sport, and as we’ve seen these series can turn on a dime.

Putting Schmid in net turned this whole thing around for Jersey. He’s been outstanding but can’t keep up this pace forever. If the Rangers can find a way to put a shred of doubt in his mind, who knows how he reacts.

It was 10% rangers fans, mostly in the "corporate seats" you see on TV. Didn't hear them all night, and all went home with 5:00 left. You're consistent -- always misinformed.
it was a bad look on tv. of course no other series has teams in such close proximity. devils fans just have it engrained to be defensive.

it was a bad look on tv. of course no other series has teams in such close proximity. devils fans just have it engrained to be defensive.

It's "ingrained," and you're not wrong, because from day one, there have been jabronis from NY and Philly coming into the Meadowlands/Rock and crowing, starting fights, etc. Devils fans have been lucky enough to see them win the Cup 3x to maybe one time for rangers fans who were around in 94. Most years since then, attendance figures and 80-20 crowds in NJ are all the rangers have had to tout.

When the Devils are playing well and having success, it doesn't matter when the rangers fans want to claim that they are the metro-area darlings, because most of them would give their right arm for the success the Devils had 20 years ago. Ask the Flyers fans. People have lived and died without seeing their team win it.

I don't know what the "look" was like on TV, because someone gave me a ticket, but from what I saw in the arena, the blue to red ratio was very low.

Was about 80-20 devils/rangers fans. Little heavier down low (70/30) but probably 90/10 in the upper levels. Not sure why anyone is surprised or why this is even a talking point. There are more Rangers fans in NJ than Devils fans. The Rangers have been around about 70 years longer so of course there are. How many fans you have doesn’t change the fact the Devils have been far more successful in their history and are currently up 3-2 in the series.

The tickets at the Rock are about half the price of MSG. Rangers fans getting priced out of their own arena by suits. Went to MSG last weekend and was shocked how quiet that crowd was.

This is nothing new. Just something you have to deal with being a Devil fan, always going to be a large contingent of Ranger fans for many reasons. Rangers been around much longer & only being 10 miles apart and have always had tons of fans in NJ and places like Rockland County, also easy trip from NYC, until this year Devils have been bad for many years so season ticket sales were lagging (so more playoff tickets available to general public), lots of overlap in fan bases so Devil fans often come with group that includes Ranger fans, ease of secondary market and the fact cheaper for a lot of Ranger fans to get ticket at Pru then MSG.

Also this series was unique as it was clear for a while was going to be Devils-Rangers in 1st round, so gave Rangers fans plenty of time to get tickets if interested, especially for games 1 & 2.

Game 1 and 2 seemed to be many more Ranger fans than last night.

Rangers also in past have had big crowds when playing at Islanders.

Most arenas on east coast outside of Boston have a segment of rangers fans. Carolina last year had a ton of rangers fans.

Rangers look cooked. The worst part is watching Hughes and hischier dominate while kakko and lafreniere are invisible. What a complete bust those two turned out to be.

Patrick Kane looks like he’s more worried about what his handicap will be next week. Beyond embarrassing.
For whatever reason the Rangers have not been able to develop young forwards. They have had success with goalies and D but up front has been a disaster.

For whatever reason the Rangers have not been able to develop young forwards. They have had success with goalies and D but up front has been a disaster.
They just buy the best available. Kane looks past his prime. As a Devils fan, hoping ZIbajenad doesn't suddenly remember how to score in game 6, like last year.

They just buy the best available. Kane looks past his prime. As a Devils fan, hoping ZIbajenad doesn't suddenly remember how to score in game 6, like last year.
That’s their only hope I think. But the devils are a better team than both Pittsburgh and Carolina last year so it’s not likely.

They buy the best available because there’s a long list of busts…howden, Anderson, Kratsov, on and on.

Hockey is the ultimate momentum sport, and as we’ve seen these series can turn on a dime.

Putting Schmid in net turned this whole thing around for Jersey. He’s been outstanding but can’t keep up this pace forever. If the Rangers can find a way to put a shred of doubt in his mind, who knows how he reacts.

For sure. Series isn’t over.

Nico has done a fantastic job on Zibajenad. His two way game is excellent. Perennial Selke candidate.

This is nothing new. Just something you have to deal with being a Devil fan, always going to be a large contingent of Ranger fans for many reasons. Rangers been around much longer & only being 10 miles apart and have always had tons of fans in NJ and places like Rockland County, also easy trip from NYC, until this year Devils have been bad for many years so season ticket sales were lagging (so more playoff tickets available to general public), lots of overlap in fan bases so Devil fans often come with group that includes Ranger fans, ease of secondary market and the fact cheaper for a lot of Ranger fans to get ticket at Pru then MSG.

Also this series was unique as it was clear for a while was going to be Devils-Rangers in 1st round, so gave Rangers fans plenty of time to get tickets if interested, especially for games 1 & 2.

Definitely less expensive than buying at the garden and the rangers have a deep passionate fan base that supports their team. Most of them are diehard fans who go with friends. The devils are definitely more families and that group wouldnt go to garden.

Don’t know what you’re taking about. Rangers have still outscored them 12-10 in the series and the only decisive devils victory was last night.
So if the Devils win 1-0 on Saturday, they will advance, and NYR are done. At least the rangers outscored them!

If the Rangers find a way to pull out a win in game 6 there will be a lot more blue in the crowd Monday. I think the back and forth makes for a more exciting atmosphere. Kind of like a a sweet 16/elite 8 crowd.

Wow shows how little you know about sports
typicall corporate seats are resigned to certain sections. like the entire section behind the Giants bench that is completley empty year after year. btw, other teams outside nyc dont have this issue. wow.

So if the Devils win 1-0 on Saturday, they will advance, and NYR are done. At least the rangers outscored them!
What I’m saying is you don’t know hockey if you think the devils have been the better team in this series. Rangers dominated in games 1&2. 3&4 were tossups that could’ve gone either way. Devils played a strong game last night, their best game of the series.

It often goes back and forth in the playoffs, especially between rivals. But saying that one team has been clearly better than the other in this series is just wrong.

What I’m saying is you don’t know hockey if you think the devils have been the better team in this series. Rangers dominated in games 1&2. 3&4 were tossups that could’ve gone either way. Devils played a strong game last night, their best game of the series.

It often goes back and forth in the playoffs, especially between rivals. But saying that one team has been clearly better than the other in this series is just wrong.

One team was better all year long, and was 3-0-1 against the other during the season. They looked horrible opening up at home, and since then have been the better team. I've been around hockey a long time. The rangers may still win the series, I still think the Devils are the better team, and the first two games were outliers.

One team was better all year long, and was 3-0-1 against the other during the season. They looked horrible opening up at home, and since then have been the better team. I've been around hockey a long time. The rangers may still win the series, I still think the Devils are the better team, and the first two games were outliers.
The first two games can be chalked up to inexperience and jitters against a veteran team that knows what it takes to win. The goalie change reset and refocused the team and luckily they were able to steal the win in the road. These teams are evenly matched and either team has the ability to win and that’s why they play the games. But please ranger fans, stop trying to turn the focus to attendance or some other nonsense. Who cares? Would it make you feel better as ranger fans to have the arena full of blue shirts and get blown out every game or mixed crowd and sweep the series. These are such silly observations from frustrated fans and it’s why hockey doesn’t get the respect it deserves as a sport. Focus on the games and the awesome talent being displayed. The rangers are great with a great goalie. They can win two. Good luck

Game 3 was a toss up. Game 4 was certainly deserved by the Devils & not a toss up. Game 5 was for the Devils what Game 1 & 2 were for the Rangers - domination.

The first two games can be chalked up to inexperience and jitters against a veteran team that knows what it takes to win. The goalie change reset and refocused the team and luckily they were able to steal the win in the road. These teams are evenly matched and either team has the ability to win and that’s why they play the games. But please ranger fans, stop trying to turn the focus to attendance or some other nonsense. Who cares? Would it make you feel better as ranger fans to have the arena full of blue shirts and get blown out every game or mixed crowd and sweep the series. These are such silly observations from frustrated fans and it’s why hockey doesn’t get the respect it deserves as a sport. Focus on the games and the awesome talent being displayed. The rangers are great with a great goalie. They can win two. Good luck
A flyer fan brought it up. What rangers fan on this thread is saying anything about the attendance?

A flyer fan brought it up. What rangers fan on this thread is saying anything about the attendance?
I don’t know anyone personally like you all seem to do but I know enough ranger fans that I have heard that 50 times this past week. So bad assumption by me. And if it is an F’ers fan. Tell them to book some golf times. They don’t get to comment on anything unless they are in. Another group that is frustrated by their teams poor performance that has to find something weak to bring up about another team. Now that’s embarrassing

Lol of course, chalk up both games devils got manhandled as outliers. I’d say if anything that shows the rangers are the better team, but lindy Ruff and his coaches are the better staff based off the adjustments they made.

• Haha
Reactions: donnie_baseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT