ADVERTISEMENT

Bubble watch

An article recently shared on this site says the exact opposite. It said JMU tried to schedule and nobody would play them. They only got the Michigan St game because Izzo nephew is a JMU coach.

Drake is 6-4 in Q1/Q2 games. Indiana State 5-4. If you watch both teams play they're very good. The loser of their game today should at worst get a chance to play in Dayton.
I'm watching the MVC game now. I don't doubt that both teams are quite good and I do believe Drake has the better case for an at-large.

As for JMU, I'm sure they tried to schedule tougher but they failed miserably. George Mason, Richmond, VCU and Longwood are a few relatively local possibilities. The first three are in the NET top 100 and Longwood at 172 is far better than most of their list. There are others, such as Samford, is they don't mind some travel.

JMU's NET SOS is 322, NC SOS is 333 and their average NET win is 245.

I'm not surprised Izzo played them. He's shown a willingness to pay tough OOC games regardless of stature -- sometimes to his team's detriment. I don't think it's a coincidence that MSU played both JMU and ISU this year.

An article recently shared on this site says the exact opposite. It said JMU tried to schedule and nobody would play them. They only got the Michigan St game because Izzo nephew is a JMU coach.

Drake is 6-4 in Q1/Q2 games. Indiana State 5-4. If you watch both teams play they're very good. The loser of their game today should at worst get a chance to play in Dayton.
Insane game so far. Helluva comeback by Indiana State

If USF won out they deserved a bid regardless of conference tourny. No longer the case after yesterdays loss

Michigan State project 9 seed. They have 12 losses.

If Indiana pulls off the upset today and MSU loses in the Big10. Will the committee put a team with 14 losses in because of NET? Nova isn’t alone

They have 1 impressive win over AZ. They also lost to UNCC and USF head to head. You want to say they’re in ok but a 7 seed? That’s crap.
Most respectable bracketologists have FAU on the 10 line at this point. So I expect them to be somewhere in that area and not anywhere close to a 7.

Indiana over Michigan state. MSU now 18-13. Has to reel them back to the bubble

3/10 results
Illinois 73 (Iowa) 61
(Nebraska) 85 Michigan 70
(Drake) 84 (Indiana State) 80
Indiana 65 (Michigan State) 64
(James Madison) 73 Texas State 68

3/11 bubble games
(James Madison) vs Arkansas State

Note: all bubble fans should be rooting against Santa Clara and San Francisco tonight so the WCC doesn’t have a chance at a 3rd bid

The Athletic has SHU as seed #38, last four byes, 2nd 10 seed. Michigan State is #39, also 10 seed and St John’s is #43, last four in. So there would have to be eight bid stealers to knock SHU out according to The Athletic, the publication I trust the most with this stuff.

I think at this point we’re a lock to make the dance. At this point we have to avoid Dayton at all costs. I believe a win on Thursday will do that. Then we don’t have to put our fate into the bid stealers’ hands.

Reactions: dehere23
Win against St. John’s and all good. Solid 10 seed. Lose and we don’t control our fate and need to see if we end of the last bye or in Dayton, just win baby. make selection Sunday stress free and about where we are traveling in the main draw.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
The Athletic has SHU as seed #38, last four byes, 2nd 10 seed. Michigan State is #39, also 10 seed and St John’s is #43, last four in. So there would have to be eight bid stealers to knock SHU out according to The Athletic, the publication I trust the most with this stuff.
This is how I see it regarding the BE bubble teams. I don't think we are a bubble team anymore. I think we are a lock. SJU is on the right side of the bubble. They lose to us, it won't hurt them all too much, but it won't help them either, and could result in them being on the outside looking in depending on how other bubble teams perform. I think Nova and Providence have to make significant runs in the Big East tournament to have a chance. I don't think Nova beating an awful Depaul team and getting knocked out thereafter helps them, and I don't think Providence beating Georgetown and then getting knocked out helps them.

Right now I think there are 5 BE teams in the dance, which is a bit unfortunate because I'm hoping for at least 6. I think 4 are locks, including us. I think SJU is well-positioned although their world gets dicer if they lose to us and certain bubble teams improve their resumes. And Nova/Providence are on the outside looking in until they prove otherwise.

I’m curious to see how the conference handles DePaul…. #322 NET Ranking (and Georgetown at #199) is a big drag on the entire conference (2x no less) and is probably going to hurt at least 1 or 2 teams chances at dancing. If a few teams get snubbed the conference won’t be pleased.

if our seeding doesn't move at all then i'd probably rather lose to sju. i agree that teams are better off with rest for ncaa tournament and we play 5 guys 90% of the mins.

if it does effect seed then i'm ok winning just the sju game.

i have no interest in winning the BET this year.

if our seeding doesn't move at all then i'd probably rather lose to sju. i agree that teams are better off with rest for ncaa tournament and we play 5 guys 90% of the mins.

if it does effect seed then i'm ok winning just the sju game.

i have no interest in winning the BET this year.
Understandable but I would think the players and coaches would see things differently.

cool. what else is he thinking?
If you believe Sha has anything other than winning the BET on his mind, you don't know our coach. Have you read that his practices have gotten more intense as the season progressed? These are young men and, aside from an injury, they should bounce back relatively quickly if they are in good shape.

If you believe Sha has anything other than winning the BET on his mind, you don't know our coach. Have you read that his practices have gotten more intense as the season progressed? These are young men and, aside from an injury, they should bounce back relatively quickly if they are in good shape.
sha got to the elite 8 with 16 seed st peters. what could he do with 10 seed seton hall?

3/12 results
(McNeese) 76 Lamar 57

3/13 bubble games
(Wake) vs Notre Dame
(Oklahoma) vs (TCU)
(McNeese) vs Nicholls
(Providence) vs Georgetown
(New Mexico) vs Air Force
(Kansas St) vs Texas
(Syracuse) vs NC State
(Villanova) vs DePaul
(Cincinnati) vs Kansas
(Utah) vs Arizona State

3/14 results
(Cincinnati) 72 Kansas 52
(Wake) 72 Notre Dame 59
(TCU) 77 (Oklahoma) 70
(McNeese) 92 Nicholls 76
(Providence) 72 Georgetown 56
(New Mexico) 82 Air Force 56
(Kansas State) 78 Texas 74
NC State 83 (Syracuse) 65
(Villanova) 58 DePaul 57
(Utah) 90 Arizona State 57

3/14 bubble games
(St John’s) vs (Seton Hall)
(Michigan State) vs Minnesota
(Mississippi State) vs LSU
(Memphis) vs Wichita State
(Wake) vs (Pitt)
(TCU) vs Houston
(Iowa) vs Ohio State
(Kansas State) vs Iowa State
(Providence) vs Creighton
(A&M) vs (Ole Miss)
(Villanova) vs Marquette
(Cincinnati) vs Baylor
(Virginia) vs BC
(New Mexico) vs Boise State
(Utah) vs (Colorado)

3/14 results
(Cincinnati) 72 Kansas 52
(Wake) 72 Notre Dame 59
(TCU) 77 (Oklahoma) 70
(McNeese) 92 Nicholls 76
(Providence) 72 Georgetown 56
(New Mexico) 82 Air Force 56
(Kansas State) 78 Texas 74
NC State 83 (Syracuse) 65
(Villanova) 58 DePaul 57
(Utah) 90 Arizona State 57

3/14 bubble games
(St John’s) vs (Seton Hall)
(Michigan State) vs Minnesota
(Mississippi State) vs LSU
(Memphis) vs Wichita State
(Wake) vs (Pitt)
(TCU) vs Houston
(Iowa) vs Ohio State
(Kansas State) vs Iowa State
(Providence) vs Creighton
(A&M) vs (Ole Miss)
(Villanova) vs Marquette
(Cincinnati) vs Baylor
(Virginia) vs BC
(New Mexico) vs Boise State
(Utah) vs (Colorado)
You still have us in the bubble??

I think Seton Hall is a lock with a win today. A loss and would still be a bubble team, but probably in. First Four in play at that point.

Reactions: pirate AI
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT