ADVERTISEMENT

Giants - Disaster Part 2

Not fair to single out both lines by saying they stink. The whole team stinks!

I was really concerned about the O line going in but the D line has not been good either. Teams running at will against us even with the so-called upgrade at LB and adding additional D tackles. Okereke is just starting to play better but the D line and our LBs are not all that impressive this year. I thought that might be a strength going into the year as well as hoping for a better pass rush? The last two games the pass rush has improved (now we have one but certainly aren't a good pass rushing team - 5 sacks total) while teams continue to run the ball down our throats. Opponents are averaging 189 yards rushing per game against us. Passing is even worse - 283 yards per game.

We can't score at all on offense and the D is not holding up like last year albeit we are playing a much tougher schedule. Hoping this trend does not continue.

Reactions: NYC Pirate
Not fair to single out both lines by saying they stink. The whole team stinks!
It's like pitching in baseball or goaltending in hockey, if you're solid there it makes the rest of the team look better. You can put Tom Brady and Randy Moss in their prime on this team and the only play they could get off would be a quick WR screen because there's not enough time to do much else.

Giant OL now referred to as the OLE Squad waving like matadors as opposing players race in to gore whomever has the ball.

I think Ojulari (injury prone), Williams (no impact plays), and Thibodeaux (inconsistent) have been highly overrated. Dexter Lawrence is an impact player. That guy’s a focal point of the opposition literally every week. Miami doubled him incessantly and FWIW on player grades he’s the only DL who grades at 80+ in both pass/run defense. He’s excellent. The fact the other 3 can’t win match-ups more with that guy in the middle taking up blockers is criminal.

The Giants are the youngest team in the NFL (25.7 years old per snap). I don’t think we can really gauge anything until the OL is resettled, this isn’t even competitive. This will look better in a few weeks when the OL is changed and you’re playing lesser teams. This staff did a great job last year but also 4 of those wins from a 9-7-1 season were literally goal line stands at the end (at JAX, at WAS, GB in London) or last-second miscues (at TEN). This year they are not playing complementary football and are making mistakes instead of having around to win games late like last year.

Reactions: TomD82
Amazing but not surprising:

He did a fantastic job considering he just go thrown into the fire.

More amazing to me is Ken Dorsey still has a job. MIght be the worst play caller in the NFL. 18 passes to 9 rushes in the first half all while Cook averaged over 7 yards per run in the first half. Finally realized in the second half his offense can run the ball. Once the Giants D had to respect the run, Allen was 11-12 with the only incompletion being the 3rd down play to ice the game.

He did a fantastic job considering he just go thrown into the fire.

More amazing to me is Ken Dorsey still has a job. MIght be the worst play caller in the NFL. 18 passes to 9 rushes in the first half all while Cook averaged over 7 yards per run in the first half. Finally realized in the second half his offense can run the ball. Once the Giants D had to respect the run, Allen was 11-12 with the only incompletion being the 3rd down play to ice the game.
Cook was cooking. The Giants were using personnel bases that were sort of conceding those runs but he didn’t stick with it.

The Giants defense has been playing better and better. If they can be a solid unit they’re going to keep them in games. Recently they shutdown both Seattle and Buffalo and the game in the middle forced 3 turnovers. The also kept them in the game in SF for a while.

Okereke is playing like the guy they thought they signed and he’s been saying it just takes some time to get acclimated.

Still just bad coaching, communication and clock management. And 9 penalties plus poor special teams again.
It is amazing the poor talent evaluation on the offensive line. How can a guy off the couch who has not played LT in 8 years be better than your drafted players at all positions on the OL? No sacks again by the defense.

Still just bad coaching, communication and clock management. And 9 penalties plus poor special teams again.
It is amazing the poor talent evaluation on the offensive line. How can a guy off the couch who has not played LT in 8 years be better than your drafted players at all positions on the OL? No sacks again by the defense.
Our offensive coordinator on the most part sucks .Can't believe he was a hot name for a head coaching job.Lucky to keep this one.

Most in-depth assessments of the team before the season started were about depth, especially on the OL. OL is a mess around the league, but the Giants have been historically bad because they chose to allocate resources to other positions instead of getting some reliable veteran back-ups.

Thomas (Gettleman), Bredeson (Gettleman), Schmitz, Glowinski, Neal then Ezudu, McKethan, Lemiuex (Gettleman) and Peart (Gettleman) were the 9 on opening roster.

They went into this thinking they could cross-train young players. Then even took a risk with the Draft because they didn’t have a center signed and fortunately JMS was still available. It blew up in their face and has been a total disaster. These guys were all noncompetitive. I don’t know if guys like Ezudu (2022 R3) or McKethan (2022 R5) will ever be reliable back-ups, but they aren’t yet. McKethan didn’t even play last year with an injury and Ezudu couldn’t beat out Glowinski or Bredeson.

And now they need to pay Pugh to keep him given the veteran/Practice Squad details.

What's better for the giants organization....a win or a loss this week vs Washington.

Also is Taylor a better option at QB considering the weak OL play?

What's better for the giants organization....a win or a loss this week vs Washington.

Also is Taylor a better option at QB considering the weak OL play?
I think a win. I think the organization needs to win games. I think that’s got to be the priority. Draft slotting and evaluations of the future I mean it’s all over the map and I don’t put nearly the amount of stock in it as others do. Build off yesterday, get some wins, create a culture. Especially in Year 2 of new leadership. To me that’s more important than continuing to languish and look towards April again.

Jones was rattled from getting hit. Tyrod will be too eventually. Tyrod played much calmer even with pressure coming. Gotta get the OL healthy.

Most in-depth assessments of the team before the season started were about depth, especially on the OL. OL is a mess around the league, but the Giants have been historically bad because they chose to allocate resources to other positions instead of getting some reliable veteran back-ups.

Thomas (Gettleman), Bredeson (Gettleman), Schmitz, Glowinski, Neal then Ezudu, McKethan, Lemiuex (Gettleman) and Peart (Gettleman) were the 9 on opening roster.

They went into this thinking they could cross-train young players. Then even took a risk with the Draft because they didn’t have a center signed and fortunately JMS was still available. It blew up in their face and has been a total disaster. These guys were all noncompetitive. I don’t know if guys like Ezudu (2022 R3) or McKethan (2022 R5) will ever be reliable back-ups, but they aren’t yet. McKethan didn’t even play last year with an injury and Ezudu couldn’t beat out Glowinski or Bredeson.

And now they need to pay Pugh to keep him given the veteran/Practice Squad details.
I wish the new regime moved on from Lemenu, Peart, Shepard and even Slayton. I still don't know how Glowinski could be so bad. It is like.Solder all over again though she has played a little better of late. The OL and special teams coach is going to get A hoe. And Dabol fired at this rate

NFL Power Rankings for Week 7: Chiefs are somehow flying under the radar​

By Ryan Dunleavy

17. Jets 3-3 (24)​

Make that an improved 1-12 all-time against the Eagles. Zach Wilson has cut out the crushing mistakes, which is just good enough to allow one of the NFL’s best defenses to thrive. The Jets intercepted Jalen Hurts three times despite playing without three of their four top cornerbacks in a 20-14 upset. Breece Hall ran for the winning touchdown.

30. Giants 1-5 (30)​

Both halves of a 14-9 loss to the Bills ended the same way: With the Giants failing to score from the 1-yard line. For an offense with zero margin for error — five touchdowns in six games — that was devastating. The defense deserved better. Saquon Barkley returned from injury to rush for 93 yards, but make it four straight losses.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT