ADVERTISEMENT

How could they dishonor our country.

Last edited:
Are you even trying to suggest Kaepernick's premeditated decision is better than Trump's unintentional clueless moment?

Yes. I am suggesting if you care enough to be upset with kap for kneeling in front of the flag, then you should also care that Trump doesn’t care to learn how to respect it.

Yes. I am suggesting if you care enough to be upset with kap for kneeling in front of the flag, then you should also care that Trump doesn’t care to learn how to respect it.

I take it once you learned something you never screwed it up again by accident? Good for you. You might be the greatest man in history.

I hope all of our players once they learn how to make a 3 and a free throw, never screw it up again. I hope you call them out on it too. As far as I'm concerned if they miss by accident I'll be okay with it. If they intentionally miss, I will be annoyed.

I take it once you learned something you never screwed it up again by accident? Good for you. You might be the greatest man in history.

I hope all of our players once they learn how to make a 3 and a free throw, never screw it up again. I hope you call them out on it too. As far as I'm concerned if they miss by accident I'll be okay with it. If they intentionally miss, I will be annoyed.

Right... so you think it’s ok that Trump doesn’t care enough about the flag to learn how to respect it... and he can just go on keeping the country more divided than ever on the issue with his fake patriotism.

Right... so you think it’s ok that Trump doesn’t care enough about the flag to learn how to respect it... and he can just go on keeping the country more divided than ever on the issue with his fake patriotism.

So you have been with Trump how much time to know for a fact he didn't take any time learning how to respect it? I have no clue if he did or didn't but as someone with no knowledge I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. I can't just call him guilty on it. That's exactly what Kaepernick's protest is about. He doesn't want cops to assume because one is black that they can target him without facts. You are assuming something about Trump that you have no facts on.

Stop rationalizing. He asked why they were playing the song. He had no idea what it was. He didn’t care to learn. You can rationalize it all you want, but It is part of his job to know it AND to stand and show respect to the flag as CIC.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
And one is the freaking president of the United States who has turned this into a line in the sand, zero gray area, do this or you're unamerican issue out if it. And one is a football player. And you're furious at which one again?

And one is the freaking president of the United States who has turned this into a line in the sand, zero gray area, do this or you're unamerican issue out if it. And one is a football player. And you're furious at which one again?
If both did it intentionally with no remorse, then both. If only one did it intentionally and with no remorse, then that one. I’m not going to discriminate based on their job.

What is more offensive? Kaepernick modifying his protest to a kneel after inviting a veteran to discuss his protest or the CIC never even bothering to learn when he is supposed to stand?

Lol, Deflect !!!!!!!

(Bobbbie Solo, Merge, Cern and the gang doesn't like this Thought I'd save the trouble)

More deflection.

What branch did you serve in and how many years? Have you ever been on base in uniform when retreat is sounded?

I assume you are an expert in military protocol and qualified to render judgement on this situation.

Lol, Deflect !!!!!!!

(Bobbbie Solo, Merge, Cern and the gang doesn't like this Thought I'd save the trouble)

I'm not sure you know what deflection means.

Deflection is what you change direction of the conversation. We are talking about the respect that the flag is being shown and the guy throwing fuel on this issue by saying that the "NFL must respect our flag"...

You brought up Obama and Clinton. That is deflection.

So lets be clear on this issue.

Trump, president of the united states and commander of our armed forces doesn't know how to respect the flag. He is the one dragging this discussion forward by criticizing those who do not respect the flag and you think that is fine, but a guy protesting racial injustice by kneeling in front of the flag does.

You forgive Trump for not knowing that what he did does not respect the flag, but criticize Kaepernick who modified his protest to show respect. (even if his effort doesn't satisfy you... at least there was an effort on his part)

Reactions: chickenbox
The issue is clear. You hate Trump. We get it.

Indeed I do, but that is not this issue here and doesn't mean you should give him a pass for not learning the rules on how to respect the flag while criticizing the NFL players for not showing respect to the flag.

If you think Trump was right to criticize them. You should also think that Trump should have learned how to respect the flag.

Indeed I do, but that is not this issue here and doesn't mean you should give him a pass for not learning the rules on how to respect the flag while criticizing the NFL players for not showing respect to the flag.

If you think Trump was right to criticize them. You should also think that Trump should have learned how to respect the flag.

You are basically saying there is no difference between a guy accidentally bumping into you causing you to spill your beer and a guy slapping the beer out of your hand. Overlooking intent is a big mistake. Maybe Trump doesn't know every single rule. Guess what your CPA who does your tax return doesn't know every tax law. Your lawyer, doesn't know every law. Your doctor doesn't know everything about his profession. The issue is you think you are making a great comparison, but it's actually a terrible one when you compare a 1 time action to an on going repetitive action.

If you take an objective look at the hangar event it is not cut and dry. Notice how all the criticism is coming from the left media outlets. Notice that no retired generals are complaining,

Again, you never served. You do not know what happens at Retreat. You are not qualified to judge that. You are only taking other writings from people of your ilk with an agenda and adopting it as Gospel.

For starters, there is a practicality about Retreat and Military Courtesy in general. It is a custom, not a law.

Trump was at live televised interview with a live crowd. Did he know what time it was? Could he recognize the music over the crowd noise? Yes he heard the bugle call but could he discern it. Again, he is on live TV.

Where was the post protocol officer (there is such a thing) that could have briefed them that they would be taping during Retreat and how do you want handle it.

Under the circumstances, Trump did not disrespect the Flag and hence I for one was not offended. FWIW, I was watching the event live and did not make the connection between the bugle call and and Retreat. It has been 32 years since I have been on base in Uniform.

Did he miss an opportunity for some good optics? yes.? Would it have been better if they orchestrated the event to make him aware of what was going to happen? Yes.

So why don't you and Hans Solo and the rest of your left-liberal army get back to your Kaapernick discussion and your blind support of his botched protest?

You are basically saying there is no difference between a guy accidentally bumping into you causing you to spill your beer and a guy slapping the beer out of your hand. Overlooking intent is a big mistake. Maybe Trump doesn't know every single rule. Guess what your CPA who does your tax return doesn't know every tax law. Your lawyer, doesn't know every law. Your doctor doesn't know everything about his profession. The issue is you think you are making a great comparison, but it's actually a terrible one when you compare a 1 time action to an on going repetitive action.
Oh, stop deflecting....lol

You are basically saying there is no difference between a guy accidentally bumping into you causing you to spill your beer and a guy slapping the beer out of your hand.

They won't understand your analogy. They don't drink beer. They drink Chai tea and Lattes at Starbucks.

They won't understand your analogy. They don't drink beer. They drink Chai tea and Lattes at Starbucks.

Nah, just not an appropriate analogy.
It's more like my boss walking in and yelling at someone for knowingly not following the dress code while he is also not following the dress code but you think we should forgive the boss and blame the employee because the boss didn't know what the dress code was.

Reactions: chickenbox

Beer, chai tea and Starbucks lattes are apolitical liquids. Assigning them to a political persuasion is a form of stereotyping that is amusing in a thread marginally about discrimination.

Reactions: Pirate19001
I have an idea. How about the protestoring players spin off their own league in an XFL format. Everything goes - sit, kneel, close your eyes, turn your back, etc at the flag. Set up the league directly against those who respect the flag and our anthem and also score a touchdown and gracefully flip the ball to the ref for doing your damn job.

Head to head leagues

Beer, chai tea and Starbucks lattes are apolitical liquids. Assigning them to a political persuasion is a form of stereotyping that is amusing in a thread marginally about discrimination.

It is more amusing that you are unaware of Starbucks' and Schultz's overt political positions yet you wax eloquent on the matter.

It is more amusing that you are unaware of Starbucks' and Schultz's overt political positions yet you wax eloquent on the matter.

How do you know what I am unaware of? This is a fantasy of your mind. It is also factually incorrect.

How do you know that posters on this board cannot understand an analogy because they drink Starbucks coffee? It is a fantasy of your mind since you have no way of knowing.

Does drinking beer assist in understanding analogies better than Chai tea? I'll have to defer to you on that because ironically I am unaware whether that is true or not.

The bottom line is you are stereotyping people based on the liquids they consume.

Knowknow, ok, I'll fess up. Here is it what's going on. I was using sonic pressure on your mind. Sonic pressure. That is how I was aware. Sonic pressure.

Reactions: HALL85
I do love Starbucks so guilty as changed on that one. Liberals drink beer though, as long as someone isn’t serving me piss and selling as patriotism by calling it “America”

Stop rationalizing. He asked why they were playing the song. He had no idea what it was. He didn’t care to learn. You can rationalize it all you want, but It is part of his job to know it AND to stand and show respect to the flag as CIC.
And Obama called them the Marine Corpse.

All you libs here who never served now have your own alternate universe of Army protocol.

"We spoke to an Army National Guard spokesperson, who told us that there is “no expectation” relating to decorum for civilians or armed services members who are indoors during the Retreat ceremony, in any branch of the military. The President was in an airport hangar during the interview."

http://www.snopes.com/trump-retreat/

Up next: Merge and HansSolo will provide us all instruction on small unit tactics and close order drill.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT