ADVERTISEMENT

Moving to Phase II

The vaccine will probably be approved in 2021. But please remember this will become a very political issue. How will the vaccine be distributed globally? The vaccine won't be available to the "average Joe" at least to 2022 or 2023. Again this is just my medical experience opinion. But most likely to happen.

Just to put another topic out here. Don't you guys just think its silly that people pushing for professional/college sports seasons right now? I mean we are all big Seton Hall basketball fans but I am 99% positive there won't and shouldn't be a season next year even with no fans. Realistically there won't be a vaccine until late 2021 or early 2022 to the public. Also, many colleges will have virtual learning in fall 2020. Basketball teams won't be on campus until January 2021. If I had a kid playing any college sport I would not be comfortable with he or she playing. If the season starts, what happens once the first athlete tests positive? You will have to quarantine that whole team and any teams that individual played. Plus how about if that individual spreads the virus to vulnerable people such as coaching staff or referees? There will no sports in 2020 and probably 2021 too. We are in this for the long haul folks. Just my two cents. You are literally putting lives at risk if sports begin again.

PGA Tour is starting back up in mid June. I bet you'll see a condensed baseball season. I don't think the NHL or NBA will continue their seasons.

Although I'd selfishly love to see the NFL season canceled, you can bet those games will be played. Too much money involved.

The vaccine will probably be approved in 2021. But please remember this will become a very political issue. How will the vaccine be distributed globally? The vaccine won't be available to the "average Joe" at least to 2022 or 2023. Again this is just my medical experience opinion. But most likely to happen.

I don't know about the rest of you all, but I'd be very wary of getting this vaccine. It's going to be rushed and when you rush things, problems happen. Given what I know now, I think I'll be passing on this vaccine until there is a large enough sample size that it is proven to be safe and effective.

Please also remember we will probably be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. After this pandemic people will never want to go out of public without a mask again. Stadiums will now be full of people wearing masks. The future will definitely be different. People will also want to social distance for the rest of their lives.

Please also remember we will probably be wearing masks for the rest of our lives. After this pandemic people will never want to go out of public without a mask again. Stadiums will now be full of people wearing masks. The future will definitely be different. People will also want to social distance for the rest of their lives.

Haha, I can't tell if you're trolling or severely depressed. If you're depressed by all of this, know that it will be okay and please get professional help.

Masks don't prevent you from getting anything. They help prevent you from spreading anything you might have.

I don't mind wearing a mask in a store right now, but that'll change once this subsides. Americans will never go for it.

Reactions: Pirate6711
I don't know about the rest of you all, but I'd be very wary of getting this vaccine. It's going to be rushed and when you rush things, problems happen. Given what I know now, I think I'll be passing on this vaccine until there is a large enough sample size that it is proven to be safe and effective.

It will be hard for the "average joe" to get this vaccine in the beginning. The United States will continue to be going on and out of shelters in place probably to 2022 or 2023. Remember this is a WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC. We simply do not get out of a pandemic after a year or two. People just don't realize that. There will be 3 or 4 waves of this virus.

Haha, I can't tell if you're trolling or severely depressed. If you're depressed by all of this, know that it will be okay and please get professional help.

Masks don't prevent you from getting anything. They help prevent you from spreading anything you might have.

I don't mind wearing a mask in a store right now, but that'll change once this subsides. Americans will never go for it.
People kept on telling me a couple months ago I was wrong when I said this will be a worldwide pandemic. People told me this will never hit America. They were wrong. I'm sorry but this is the outlook I have on masks.

People kept on telling me a couple months ago I was wrong when I said this will be a worldwide pandemic. People told me this will never hit America. They were wrong. I'm sorry but this is the outlook I have on masks.

Well, this time you'll be wrong. This isn't 1918. There is no world war going on, our healthcare is infinitely better, this virus isn't as widespread and deadly as that was. There will be therapeutics, probably quicker than you think.

Reactions: Pirate6711
Well, this time you'll be wrong. This isn't 1918. There is no world war going on, our healthcare is infinitely better, this virus isn't as widespread and deadly as that was. There will be therapeutics, probably quicker than you think.

I truly hope I'm wrong. We will see!

Also this virus will be a lot worse than the Spanish flu of 1918. You won't be able to compare the two when we look back on history.

Who's defending Trump?

Just pointing out that others got it wrong also. You seem obsessed with all things Trump. It's going to be a long next 5 years for you.

Since you are now insulting people again, I'll add that not being able to comprehend that is....well....silly.

Who's defending Trump?

Just pointing out that others got it wrong also. You seem obsessed with all things Trump. It's going to be a long next 5 years for you.

Since you are now insulting people again, I'll add that not being able to comprehend that is....well....silly.

You're insulted by me calling the video you posted silly?

You're not "just pointing out others got it wrong" because circumstances change. That video has comments in in From February 6th! Why should we be using that as a comparison to what Trump was saying a month later?

yes. Many people got this wrong initially. Those people were able to take in new information and revise their opinion.
Trump could not accept that he said something was wrong so he doubled down and continued to downplay the virus. That is horrendous leadership and you would see if if he were a democrat.

I understand you weren't really around in the initial discussions of the virus here.
I rarely, if ever mentioned Trump.I didn't place blame on him that the virus was here. I didn't place blame that we didn't have the testing capacity. I blamed him for downplaying despite the facts and circumstances screaming that he needed to change his tone on the virus.

You didn't call the video silly. You called me silly for using it. Yes that is an insult. No biggy but need for it.

Getting back to substantive discussion, I don't see where he was downplaying after February. Travel ban announced in January. National emergency declared March 13. Comfort ordered to go to New York in early March.

Sure, you can parse individual statements and spin it into downplaying. An example of that was his March 9th tweet citing regular flu deaths. Depending on your POV you can call it trying to reassure people and providing perspective or you can call it downplaying. Depends what you want to read into it.

In general, I am disgusted at the partisanship on both sides wherein people are more concerned about criticizing the other side rather than working on problem. Trump included as well as the majority of MSM,
Dems, etc.

I commend Cuomo for taking the high road in most of his briefings. He seems to me to be genuinely concerned about doing everything he can to help his state.

Trump spends too much time counter-punching the media by the ongoing claims about how great the administration is doing. I wish he wouldn't do that. He should just work on the problem and ignore the criticism. I stopped watching the briefings.

Sure, you can parse individual statements and spin it into downplaying. An example of that was his March 9th tweet citing regular flu deaths. Depending on your POV you can call it trying to reassure people and providing perspective or you can call it downplaying. Depends what you want to read into it.

You don't think that is downplaying the potential threat of Covid?

I really didn't get political on this issue initially. The virus still comes under any other president, but I do feel any other president (republican or democrat) would have handled it better than downplaying it like Trump has. Currently frustrating is that all of these people attending the current protests are all Trump supporters and Trump is encouraging them rather than asking them to take this a little more seriously per HIS administrations guidelines.

Just say... I know its frustrating. We are all in this together and we can come out of this soon if we all work together.
He wants the division though and he is putting actual lives at risk by not asking the people to stay home.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
You don't think that is downplaying the potential threat of Covid?

Sure is, just like MANY others did at that time, like Fauci. But he gets a pass and Trump is the devil?

Every level of government, from former to current, from all political parties, from all spectrums of ideology, were unprepared for the Chinese Virus. And China and the corrupt WHO are more to blame that anyone.

While not legal, the shutdowns have done their job. We consciously chose to cripple the economy, now we'll need to make a risk/reward decision in the next few weeks to re-open soon and how to go about doing that.

Sure is, just like MANY others did at that time, like Fauci. But he gets a pass and Trump is the devil?

Every level of government, from former to current, from all political parties, from all spectrums of ideology, were unprepared for the Chinese Virus. And China and the corrupt WHO are more to blame that anyone.

While not legal, the shutdowns have done their job. We consciously chose to cripple the economy, now we'll need to make a risk/reward decision in the next few weeks to re-open soon and how to go about doing that.

Mic drop

Find me one comment like that from Fauci on March 9th or later downplaying it like that.
There isn't one. Why? Because Fauci learned new information and changed his positions just any sane rational person would do.
Trump is not sane, nor national and continued to downplay the virus after that date.

Go ahead with the whataboutisms but a lot of people here used to hold the president to a higher standard.

As I have said all along, China was to blame because of their lack of transparency. We did not understand the scope of this outbreak because of China.

While not legal, the shutdowns have done their job. We consciously chose to cripple the economy

To save hundreds of thousands if not millions of lives...

now we'll need to make a risk/reward decision in the next few weeks to re-open soon and how to go about doing that.

Agree on that part.

Find me one comment like that from Fauci on March 9th or later downplaying it like that.
There isn't one. Why? Because Fauci learned new information and changed his positions just any sane rational person would do.

I wouldn't trust Trump to walk my dog, but Fauci is supposed to be the subject matter expert. There was a MAJOR issue in China in December. And while the Chinese hid and concealed (I don't think necessarily because of a lab leak, rather cultural, but who can rule out anything?), it wasn't a secret.

People in the government - especially public health - are supposed to be jumping up and down screaming at worst-case scenarios.

I agree with you that reasonable minds should adjust, but March 9th is way late for Fauci's position to be changing its tune. They are supposed to be ahead of these things.

I wouldn't trust Trump to walk my dog, but Fauci is supposed to be the subject matter expert. There was a MAJOR issue in China in December. And while the Chinese hid and concealed (I don't think necessarily because of a lab leak, rather cultural, but who can rule out anything?), it wasn't a secret.

People in the government - especially public health - are supposed to be jumping up and down screaming at worst-case scenarios.

I agree with you that reasonable minds should adjust, but March 9th is way late for Fauci's position to be changing its tune. They are supposed to be ahead of these things.

He did change before then though. Fauci seemed to be acting in good faith but also had to manage his relationship with Trump.
If he was screaming about worst case scenarios, the public wouldn't even know his name because Trump would have hid him in a basement.

From March 3rd.

“You should never destroy your own credibility. And you don't want to go to war with a president,” Fauci, who has been the country’s top infectious diseases expert through a dozen outbreaks and six presidents, told POLITICO in an interview Friday. “But you got to walk the fine balance of making sure you continue to tell the truth.”

“I don't think that we are going to get out of this completely unscathed,” he said. “I think that this is going to be one of those things we look back on and say boy, that was bad.”

Exactly. Fauci (and others) were blindsided by this and downplayed it. It is their job to pay attention to matters of this sort and THEN bring it to policy makers in order to make changes.

"I wouldn't trust Trump to walk my dog." I LOL to this.

Reactions: Piratz
He did change before then though. Fauci seemed to be acting in good faith but also had to manage his relationship with Trump.
If he was screaming about worst case scenarios, the public wouldn't even know his name because Trump would have hid him in a basement.

From March 3rd.

“You should never destroy your own credibility. And you don't want to go to war with a president,” Fauci, who has been the country’s top infectious diseases expert through a dozen outbreaks and six presidents, told POLITICO in an interview Friday. “But you got to walk the fine balance of making sure you continue to tell the truth.”

“I don't think that we are going to get out of this completely unscathed,” he said. “I think that this is going to be one of those things we look back on and say boy, that was bad.”

Fauci 3 days earlier: Here is video of Dr. Anthony Fauci on “Today” on Feb. 29 saying point blank there was no need for Americans to change their behavior because of the Coronavirus.

'When you start to see community spread, this could change"

3 days later

"We are starting to see community spread"

Really not complicated. Facts changed. He changed. Trump didn't.

'When you start to see community spread, this could change"

3 days later

"We are starting to see community spread"

Really not complicated. Facts changed. He changed. Trump didn't.

On March 3, NY (the epicenter of COVID) had 2 reported cases. The entire US had 49 cases reported.

Really not complicated. There were no facts. Nobody changed. Only Trump gets slammed while others get praised for all doing nothing.

Reactions: afghan whigs

Do you just cut and paste this stuff all over the internet? This is verbatim from another of your posts on a different thread

On March 3, NY (the epicenter of COVID) had 2 reported cases. The entire US had 49 cases reported.

Really not complicated. There were no facts. Nobody changed. Only Trump gets slammed while others get praised for all doing nothing.

Sorry. Not sure why you are trying to excuse Trump here, but that is just not true. The data did change. It started to show it was here and was starting to spread. Fauci and others started to change their tone. Trump took a few more weeks.

I know you weren't around when these conversations got going here, but I wasn't slamming Trump or praising anyone really. I was pretty much talking about what I was reading from the data we had available.

Sorry. Not sure why you are trying to excuse Trump here, but that is just not true.

Not excusing Trump, I want to holding ALL accountable, you don't, I get it.

The data did change. It started to show it was here and was starting to spread. Fauci and others started to change their tone. Trump took a few more weeks.

I know you weren't around when these conversations got going here, but I wasn't slamming Trump or praising anyone really. I was pretty much talking about what I was reading from the data we had available.

The data showed little on March 3, didn't change/ramp up until later than March 3, according to the publicly available data from the Washington Post, Worldometer, etc.

Reactions: Potbelly407
Not excusing Trump, I want to holding ALL accountable, you don't, I get it.

Weatherman A says on Feb 28th, it looks like the hurricane won't hit us.
Weatherman B says on Feb 28th, it looks like the hurricane won't hit us.

3 days later
Weatherman A says on March 3rd, it looks like the hurricane might be heading towards us.
Weatherman B says on March 3rd, it looks like the hurricane won't it us.

7 days later
Weatherman A says, it's hitting us.
Weatherman B says, rain hits us all the time and no one complains about that.

Why are those the same in your opinion?
It's not black and white. As circumstances change, so should our assessments.

The data showed little on March 3, didn't change/ramp up until later than March 3, according to the publicly available data from the Washington Post, Worldometer, etc.

Incorrect.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

# of cases on 2/28 = 63
# of cases on 3/3 = 124

On March 3rd, it was clear the exponential growth would be a problem.

Last edited:
In Fauci's own words, Fauci visits Trump for the first time and tells Trump we should shut down. Trump says yes. Fauci says we should really do it for 30 days and not 15. Trump says yes.

Media tries to imply that Fauci is being coerced to set the record straight.

Media tries to imply that discussing the topic constitutes push-back.

So to put in context of your criticisms:

As of March 9, Trump says we don't need to shutdown.

Sometime after that, Fauci enters and gives him information and a recommendation and Trump changes his position based on that. You continue to state that everyone but Trump listens, absorbs information, and changes. You ignore it when Trump does.

Plain and simple.

Last edited:
Weatherman A says on Feb 28th, it looks like the hurricane won't hit us.
Weatherman B says on Feb 28th, it looks like the hurricane won't hit us.

3 days later
Weatherman A says on March 3rd, it looks like the hurricane might be heading towards us.
Weatherman B says on March 3rd, it looks like the hurricane won't it us.

7 days later
Weatherman A says, it's hitting us.
Weatherman B says, rain hits us all the time and no one complains about that.

Why are those the same in your opinion?
It's not black and white. As circumstances change, so should our assessments.

Well on March 9, Weatherman A said it was fine to go on a cruise. When did it change again?

Incorrect.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

# of cases on 2/28 = 63
# of cases on 3/3 = 124

On March 3rd, it was clear the exponential growth would be a problem.

Nobody in their right mind would equate the numbers from 02/28 to 03/03 as exponential growth in a country of 323 million.

Merge goes out for a walk. 63 drops of rain fell. A half hour later 124 drops of rain fell. Merge: "Oh my God, it's going to be a monsoon!!!"

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85

Nobody in their right mind would equate the numbers from 02/28 to 03/03 as exponential growth in a country of 323 million.

Merge goes out for a walk. 63 drops of rain fell. A half hour later 124 drops of rain fell. Merge: "Oh my God, it's going to be a monsoon!!!"

Sure, go for the snark instead of looking into the data modeling of a virus. You realize that exponential growth early on is really really small right? That it's only after a period of time when those numbers get quite large? You know math. You understand that.

Go back and read all of the posts here on the topic. I was't here praising Fauci, or anyone for that matter. I was researching the data and frankly had a much better understanding of what was happening than most here.

I do believe Fauci was acting in good faith and did a good job especially as more data came in.
I don't hold a standard to anyone that they have to get this completely right. That is unreasonable. What I do expect is for them to act in good faith. I think we got that from many around the president including Fauci, Birx and even Pence... We did not get that from Trump.

I do believe Fauci was acting in good faith and did a good job especially as more data came in.
I don't hold a standard to anyone that they have to get this completely right. That is unreasonable. What I do expect is for them to act in good faith. I think we got that from many around the president including Fauci, Birx and even Pence... We did not get that from Trump.

If they acted in good faith, then they all royally screwed up as much as Trump.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT