ADVERTISEMENT

Too much drama

15 Longest Home Runs Ever Hit
By MLB View All On One Page
1. Mickey Mantle, 1960, 643 Feet
Historian Mark Gallagher estimated that the home run Mantle hit in September of 1960 at Tiger Stadium traveled a whopping 643 feet. The ball actually sailed right over the right field roof of the ballpark, which is mind-boggling to contemplate. This dinger off the bat of ‘The Mick’ went an estimated 140 feet further than the 15th longest home run on this list, which makes it that much more impressive.

All you need to do is look at my profile picture... Just taking his first 5 years in account, he is the GOAT. I have watched practically every game of his young career.. I could care less how far Mantle hit HR's. Nobody in the history of the game has had the total complete package that Trout has.. If he played anywhere near NY, people would be blowing him non stop

Obviously it's a matter of opinion, but I'd like to know what aspect of the game Trout has that Griffey, Jr was missing? If it wasn't for a torn patella tendon at roughly age 30, the guy would have hit over 700 home runs. He may have been the most naturally gifted player ever.

Obviously it's a matter of opinion, but I'd like to know what aspect of the game Trout has that Griffey, Jr was missing? If it wasn't for a torn patella tendon at roughly age 30, the guy would have hit over 700 home runs. He may have been the most naturally gifted player ever.
Go look at Griffey's 1st 5 seasons.. Trout wins in almost every stat, and almost doubles his WAR.. No doubt, Griffey was great, and I watched him a lot. Trout is better

Yeah, if I had to pick a recent great ballplayer I might go with Griffey as well. Bonds was up there but there is zero doubt in my mind he was on PEDs for a good portion of his career.

No one gets that better without that type of aid as you approach your late 30s and early 40s. Just not possible.

Go look at Griffey's 1st 5 seasons.. Trout wins in almost every stat, and almost doubles his WAR.. No doubt, Griffey was great, and I watched him a lot. Trout is better

If you put no emphasis on defense and gold gloves I guess Trout is better, but when you talk complete package, defense included I think Griffey is better.

Yeah, if I had to pick a recent great ballplayer I might go with Griffey as well. Bonds was up there but there is zero doubt in my mind he was on PEDs for a good portion of his career.

No one gets that better without that type of aid as you approach your late 30s and early 40s. Just not possible.

How about no one's head grows from a hat size 7 to a size 8. Bonds was another great young player, just killed his reputation by becoming the Hulk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT