ADVERTISEMENT

Earl Timberlake

The funny thing about this rule is that it won’t really benefit 99.99% of signed recruits. This will primarily be used as a recruiting tool for uncommitted players. Wealthy boosters will offer thousands to get a recruit to sign on the dotted line. Once they are signed (i.e. locked into the school) they have essentially zero market value.

That's not true especially when, not if, the transfer rules are changed. I'd expect that is coming soon as well.

It’s absolutely true. I’m not talking about little Sally running a soccer clinic next summer in Glen Ridge. I’m talking big time payments.

if the transfer rules change (i.e. free agency) obviously coaches would need to recruit their own players every year to keep them. But under the current parameters there is more incentive to pay recruits than signed players.

Let’s see, what’s changed in 6 pages of posts? Nope, still announcing 11/4 unless that changes, which it hasn’t.

Actually, quite a bit has seemed to change over the last several weeks, in board narrative and expectations based on info from here and elsewhere. And now we’re only 3 days away. Pretty significant stuff for our program, potentially.

There was a major clue. It was deleted immediately, but it has been cached. I'm sure once he makes his decision, the cached post will surface.

Reactions: newshu1
There was a major clue. It was deleted immediately, but it has been cached. I'm sure once he makes his decision, the cached post will surface.
Omg, not the smoking gun dribbling in SHU gear video again. I hope you mean something that has real significance, not that.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
The thing is, it’s quiet for everyone. Nothing has changed at all. One coaching staff is probably all that knows outside his family and closest friends.

I actually admire the absolute stillness of it all being that he’s such a high profile player.

The only talking you're hearing is coming from leaks from the Miami staff. Thus the 247Sports predictions.

This is coming down to
SHU
Providence
Miami

Reactions: newshu1
OK Dan, I'll bite. What would be the Miami staff's motivation for leaking false info. to 247Sports?
I don’t think they leaked false info. If you read what was said their staff told the person following the team that they were close to signing a five star player and then said it was Timberlake.

OK Dan, I'll bite. What would be the Miami staff's motivation for leaking false info. to 247Sports?
That is a great question that many including myself have wondered.

IMO absolutely none yet it's out there. Noted recently on a podcast from the person stating that he speaks to the staff.

and what was it?
Speculation is not in my purview. I have no reason to doubt the individual. I will patiently wait for Timberlake to announce his decision because all of this crystal ball nonsense is pure speculation. Luckily the wife is taking the kids down to San Diego for the weekend, so I will be able to see what the yachting menu has in store.

If you can’t go about your business and wait for the info to be published and must refresh a website, there are bigger issues.

I’ll live my life and continue to be a the fan I am whether he comes or not. Hope he comes, will survive if not.

If you can’t go about your business and wait for the info to be published and must refresh a website, there are bigger issues.

I’ll live my life and continue to be a the fan I am whether he comes or not. Hope he comes, will survive if not.
I think its more so if hes not making the decision on monday at all. Then people wont be sitting at the edge of their seat

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Ok, grandma in SHU sneakers or the family dog wearing a SHU Jersey? Share the tea! Or Earl next to a palm tree wearing Miami jersey?

I’ll certainly survive either way. Damn, no need to get pissy. Just thought if there was a tidbit of hope that we’d get good news on Monday it would be nice. No one here is losing their life either way. Relax.

I think its more so if hes not making the decision on monday at all. Then people wont be sitting at the edge of their seat
I don’t think Earl himself has ever officially announced when he was going to announce. Just been tremendous speculation that the announcement would come on his birthday.

Last edited:
Anyone who isn’t stressing at least a bit about this isn’t a big enough Seton Hall fan.
Stressing? Come on. To be a big fan you need to stress about a recruit? Were we supposed to take 2 days off from work to sulk when Kyle Anderson announced to UCLA? Were we supposed to take 2 days off to celebrate Whitehead committing? Give me a break, I believe Willard will put together a class of gritty Seton Hall players with or without Timberlake. Either way I have to wake up to work Tuesday.

Stressing? Come on. To be a big fan you need to stress about a recruit? Were we supposed to take 2 days off from work to sulk when Kyle Anderson announced to UCLA? Were we supposed to take 2 days off to celebrate Whitehead committing? Give me a break, I believe Willard will put together a class of gritty Seton Hall players with or without Timberlake. Either way I have to wake up to work Tuesday.
big gap between stressing and missing work. if you dont care about this commitment you doing care about shu basketball

big gap between stressing and missing work. if you dont care about this commitment you doing care about shu basketball
Thanks, but that’s as idiotic as me saying because you called for Willards firing 10,000 times you don’t care about SHU basketball. We’re going to be good if we get him or not. I hope we get him but I’m confident in the program either way.

Reactions: Bluebeard

I care to the extent that he's a talented player. I'm hardly stressing it. I'm not interested in being a fanboy over some high school kid.

If you think that's not caring, my 30-plus years as a season ticket holder and financial support think you're full of crap.

Anyone who isn’t stressing at least a bit about this isn’t a big enough Seton Hall fan.

Sorry but not stressing over a teen picking our school. I may stress about mortgage payments, health issues, and loved ones, but not this. The staff has done a great job identifying and having top recruits consider us. Even next year we have some high profile recruits on the radar already and am thankful for the staff getting us involved.

Don’t get me wrong, I want him to come but he needs to make the right decision for him and his family. If we don’t get him we will be alright and still have a few top targets that are looking at us.

I mean, I’m not sure where all the work stuff comes into play, we’re not talking about attending a game or anything like that. So I’m not sure how that makes much sense. But I was definitely paying attention to every movement of the Whitehead recruitment, at least when it came to info on the board. That’s a big reason I come here. And yeah i definitely popped a bottle of champagne when he committed. We get a 5 star recruit once every 10 years if we’re lucky, so yeah this is a big deal.

When I say “stressing it,” I’m not talking about sitting home with a blanket over my head, rocking back and forth, and calling off from work because I’m losing sleep over it. Sort of ridiculous over the top commentary in my opinion. I simply understand how big this type of commitment can be towards continuing the upward trajectory of the program as a whole. It’s a big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT