ADVERTISEMENT

Hall - Rutgers likely on hold

Sorry, I just don't get this narrative from Jerry that it's a "resume builder". It's NEVER been a resume builder for Seton Hall, and honestly I don't see it being that way going forward either. We have proven that we schedule very tough OOC schedules so this one frankly isn't really necessary, even if Rutgers continues to ascend.

Given how bad Rutgers' OOC scheduling has been, I guess it could still qualify as a resume builder for them - but who knows, maybe they improve scheduling and it's not necessary for them either?

I honestly don't care about this game anymore and the fact that some folks can't seem to understand why we want the home game this year is baffling and just drives the point home of this not being worth the aggravation currently.

Would rather our guys focus what would be the upcoming BE season rather than the emotional dump and nonsense that comes with this game.

Schiano is back and we currrently have number 6 ranked Rivals Recruiting Class
College Football: PFF ELO rankings for all 130 FBS teams heading into the 2021 season

f50e289d-87df-46e3-8e8c-92c3c775d43a-jpeg.67586

Just saying.

6th in New Brunswick!

Check out Rivals 2022 Football Rankings if you don’t believe me
Schiano will make us a perennial top 25 bowl team like he did before
Giving the pitiful distribution your conference pays , maybe we should just play game at Prudential Center . We don’t want you to lose any more coaches

Giving the pitiful distribution your conference pays , maybe we should just play game at Prudential Center . We don’t want you to lose any more coaches
God I love Rutty fans. You guys may think they are here bugging you in some kind of misguided NJ territory thing, but they are ubiquitous on the internet always stopping by begging for someone to love them.

God I love Rutty fans. You guys may think they are here bugging you in some kind of misguided NJ territory thing, but they are ubiquitous on the internet always stopping by begging for someone to love them.
They are an incredibly needy bunch!

Reactions: CL82
Well, not so sure about that. You don't get to schedule five non-conference wins anymore and the league games you do have to play are tougher than they used to be ... and as you'll recall, Schiano's teams were never too hot in the league outside of a few years easily dismissed as outliers in retrospect. In fact, he was just 17-21 in all Big East games starting the week after the vaunted Louisville win in 2006. That's ... not great.

Rutgers fans for sure care about this game more than Hall fans.

For us it’s usually trying not give us a bad loss (every year but the last two years where Rutgers was ok).

I’m sure it will be worked out. If it for this season, next back at the rock

Hey Pike, tell us you don't want to play at Seton Hall this year without saying it.

Steve Pikiell: “I look forward to playing Seton Hall at the RAC next season.”

Reactions: afghan whigs
I don’t understand why people are acting like this is Carolina Duke. Jerry carino is pretending this is wayyyyyyy more important than it is. I honestly don’t thing the average fan on either side really cares. It’s a Q2 home game or a Q1 maybe even Q2 road game in most years.

we aren’t in a10 or maac where this is the only opportunity for a decent OOC home game. We play 5+ P5 OOC games every year.

Reactions: shu09
This is probably why Rutgers schedules their OOC the way they do and don’t want guarantee games with P6 schools. Thing is, they need to realize that no P6 would really be looking to take a kid away from Rutgers.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Lose this and RU plays zero local high majors. They're not worth Nova's or UConn's time. Maybe they can convince St. John's to let them come to Carnesecca? Reality is this game brings an element to their schedule that's tough to replace.

Is a recruit that wants to stay home really gonna get excited about a schedule that has FDU as their best local opponent?

When he was coaching there the first time around, it was written up how he was bringing some recruits to the game at the RAC. One of their posters was puzzled, wondering if Schiano had any reason to have ever heard of Seton Hall.

Please. Schiano failed in the pros and a real
FB school (Tenn) spit him out like a piece of bad fruit. He had no other Power 5 who would hire him. Nice get

Please. Schiano failed in the pros and a real
FB school (Tenn) spit him out like a piece of bad fruit. He had no other Power 5 who would hire him. Nice get

Let’s see
Should I watch RU vs Michigan Football or
Seton Hall vs DePaul Soccer
Also let’s count the number of Bowl Wins for
Schiano vs NCAA wins for Willard
Schiano is perfect for RU
Tennessee made bad decision and RU got lucky

• Haha
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Let’s see
Schiano is perfect for Rutgers. He’s become a caricature for the delusional Rutgers FB program. And I love watching the Wolverines run up the score on the knights.
Rutgers is so bad that college football has petitioned to have its official birthplace changed

I say this as a Rutgers season ticket holder... that's quantity over quality. Note they're ranked based on total score and RU has more than many of the power programs below them. It's a step in the right direction but ain't #6 quality.

Still top 25 ranked by average (24), but there's a long way to go.

Let’s see
Nobody wanted Schiano as their head coach. Nobody wanted to be the head coach at Rutgers. You two losers were made for each other!

Let’s see
I’m assuming you’d rather not watch rutgers football lose by 70 to Jim Hargaugh again. Congrats on winning the Papajohns.com bowl in the 2000’s, I’m sure you’re still cherishing it with all the success your storied program has had.

Let’s see
How many bowl games that people actually care about? Let's be honest, maybe 1 of those wins was an NIT equivalent bowl (the only one against a P5 team with a winning record) and the others were all CBI level.

I haven't read all 111 previous posts [mercifully], but it seems as if both schools' athletic departments need to act like adults. If the game is not to be played this year because of COVID decisions last year, then it doesn't seem as if the silliness will be resolved in next year or the year after. It also seems beneath Willard and Pikiell. It's a very good game; much better than Florida A&M or IUPUI.

I’m assuming you’d rather not watch rutgers football lose by 70 to Jim Hargaugh again. Congrats on winning the Papajohns.com bowl in the 2000’s, I’m sure you’re still cherishing it with all the success your storied program has had.
As was said by a one time Jets QB : Glenn Foley was the starter for Boston College. After a 1992 BC victory over Rutgers that destroyed the Scarlet Knights' bowl hopes, Foley declared, "The only bowl they're going to is the one I just got off of."

Last edited:
I haven't read all 111 previous posts [mercifully], but it seems as if both schools' athletic departments need to act like adults. If the game is not to be played this year because of COVID decisions last year, then it doesn't seem as if the silliness will be resolved in next year or the year after. It also seems beneath Willard and Pikiell. It's a very good game; much better than Florida A&M or IUPUI.

But what if they book someone better than that? I honestly can’t blame either coach for not wanting to play when they’ve now got two conference games the same week/10 days to worry about. No big deal to me if they don’t play.

I hope we don’t play them, but if we do, it will definitely be at the Rock. So that Pat Hobbs can save face, they will announce that Seton Hall has agreed to open the upper sections to accommodate the Rutgers fans who want to attend.

ill knights
I hope we don’t play them, but if we do, it will definitely be at the Rock. So that Pat Hobbs can save face, they will announce that Seton Hall has agreed to open the upper sections to accommodate the Rutgers fans who want to attend.
No way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT