ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Deaths in PA

Pirata

All American
Dec 21, 2009
I just listened to a local lunch and learn talk by our County Corner, Dr. Stephen Diamantoni.

He spoke about what his office experienced for the last 2 years.

1. Risk factors
2. Classifying Covid deaths.

Takeaways:

Primary risk factors for hospilitation and death were age, underlying conditions. Obesity and respiratory conditions were cited as the most common. He stressed Obesity. BMI over 30, and you are at risk.

Young healthy people did die, but very infrequently.

Place of death has changed from nursing homes to hospitals.

Suicides and drug overdoses caused by isolation are up.

They were diligent about assigning Covid as a cause of death only when " Did they die because they not contracted Covid"

• I.e. Covid led to complications like heart failure; that was a Covid death.
  • A person with Covid was killed in a car accident; Non-Covid death.
  • A 90 year old with stage 4 cancer contracted Covid and due to their immune compromised condition, died. That was a Covid death.

Another contributing factor (that had conflicting messages) is that too many people waited too long to get diagnosed and treated. Initially, we were telling people to stay away from the hospital (and the video's on the MSM were scaring people), when in fact that's where they should have gone OR there should have been a better triage process started.

If you show up in the ER of day seven with COVID and your Pulse/Ox is in the 80's, you are facing an uphill battle even if you're healthy.

Another contributing factor (that had conflicting messages) is that too many people waited too long to get diagnosed and treated. Initially, we were telling people to stay away from the hospital (and the video's on the MSM were scaring people), when in fact that's where they should have gone OR there should have been a better triage process started.

If you show up in the ER of day seven with COVID and your Pulse/Ox is in the 80's, you are facing an uphill battle even if you're healthy.
there should be more campaigns to sell a pulse ox imo. what is it 20 bucks?

the seond you get to 89 = go to the hospital.
my covid ward nurse contact would agree with you

Reactions: Pirata

The triaging strategy and messaging has been non-existent. One of the reasons I posed the question (which I will answer) in the other thread.

Diamantoni touched on that in his remarks.

He gave a few examples of a risk people that waited too long to go to their doctor. They just figured it would pass like any other cold or flu. By the time thy got to the hospital, things had progressed too far.

I was 85, didn’t go
But when I got it if I went to hospital they would’ve put me on my back on o2 or vent which is not what they do now until last resorts
Stay on your feet if possible

I was 85, didn’t go
But when I got it if I went to hospital they would’ve put me on my back on o2 or vent which is not what they do now until last resorts
well at that time the hospitals were more full anyway. but as treatments came out it makes sense to teach people a pretty easy way to avoid impending disaster.

glad you rebounded from 85 because a lot of people who get to that level go to the hospital too late

I just listened to a local lunch and learn talk by our County Corner, Dr. Stephen Diamantoni.

He spoke about what his office experienced for the last 2 years.

1. Risk factors
2. Classifying Covid deaths.

Takeaways:

Primary risk factors for hospilitation and death were age, underlying conditions. Obesity and respiratory conditions were cited as the most common. He stressed Obesity. BMI over 30, and you are at risk.

Young healthy people did die, but very infrequently.

Place of death has changed from nursing homes to hospitals.

Suicides and drug overdoses caused by isolation are up.

They were diligent about assigning Covid as a cause of death only when " Did they die because they not contracted Covid"

• I.e. Covid led to complications like heart failure; that was a Covid death.
  • A person with Covid was killed in a car accident; Non-Covid death.
  • A 90 year old with stage 4 cancer contracted Covid and due to their immune compromised condition, died. That was a Covid death.
People have focused on deaths and rightfully so. However, what no one talks about is the people that survived and the on going effects of CoVid. This is something that effects young people as well.

Number one issue is the pulmonary fibrosis which is appearing in many CoVid survivors. People who were not even hospitalized and a year later are showing up with this. It is something to look out for as time goes on.

I was 85, didn’t go

Sure you were.

People have focused on deaths and rightfully so. However, what no one talks about is the people that survived and the on going effects of CoVid. This is something that effects young people as well.

Number one issue is the pulmonary fibrosis which is appearing in many CoVid survivors. People who were not even hospitalized and a year later are showing up with this. It is something to look out for as time goes on.
Researchers will be doing a lot of retrospective studies on the long term effects of the virus and long term effects of the vaccines and treatments. Right now there is a lot of anecdotal cases being reported but only time will give actual trends/impact.

Researchers will be doing a lot of retrospective studies on the long term effects of the virus and long term effects of the vaccines and treatments. Right now there is a lot of anecdotal cases being reported but only time will give actual trends/impact.
but its not unheard of for viruses to cause lifelong effects.

ill take side effects of a vaccine created in an american/european lab than a virus potentially altered in a chinese lab

but its not unheard of for viruses to cause lifelong effects.

ill take side effects of a vaccine created in an american/european lab than a virus potentially altered in a chinese lab
Thalidomide?

And yes, that’s your choice. As much as we like to think it is, science is not black and white And it will take years to answer many of these questions definitively.

We don’t know the long-term impacts of the virus. We don’t know any long-term side effects of the vaccine. Another factor to consider is the long-term effects on our immune system by taking so many antibiotics, drugs and vaccines. It’s a fact that we are dealing with so many more disorders that we were never confronted with 30 years ago or more. Autism. ADHD, allergies, etc. there is something to be said about letting your body fight a lot of diseases instead of rushing to the pharmacy every time.

Last edited:
Thalidomide?

And yes, that’s your choice. As much as we like to think it is, science is not black and white And it will take years to answer many of these questions definitively.

We don’t know the long-term impacts of the virus. We don’t know any long-term side effects of the vaccine. Another factor to consider is the long-term effects on our immune system by taking so many antibiotics, drugs and vaccines. It’s a fact that we are dealing with so many more disorders that we were never confronted with 30 years ago or more. Autism. ADHD, allergies, etc. there is something to be said about letting your body fight a lot of diseases instead of rushing to the pharmacy every time.

The "we dont know the long-term side effects" argument is comical. Any effects would be seen within 6 weeks.

You don't know that.

Sure, I dont know that 100%, but people much smarter than me that have studied vaccines for their entire lives know that. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

I'll share this, please enlighten me to why they would cause long term effects?

There is risk of long term issues with any drug. Science changes all the time. What is considered correct today could very well be incorrect years from now.

This is why I generally stay away from drugs/pharmaceuticals. I don't trust the companies who produce them and many of them are not needed. They are pushed by doctors and pharmacists who get kickbacks from the industry.

There is risk of long term issues with any drug. Science changes all the time. What is considered correct today could very well be incorrect years from now.

This is why I generally stay away from drugs/pharmaceuticals. I don't trust the companies who produce them and many of them are not needed. They are pushed by doctors and pharmacists who get kickbacks from the industry.

That's not how vaccines work, if you read the article, which its apprent you did not.

There is a law known as the Sunshine Act where all transfers of value given to a covered recipient, aka licensed healthcare practitioner, must be reported annually. There is a publicly available website where you can see what practitioners are being given to push products or speak on behalf of pharmaceutical companies. This was enacted as part of Obamacare and went into effect in 2013 to provide the public with the ability to see these relationships.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
What's the website? I would like to find out who my PCP takes money from.

Seems as if there is a high correlation. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7654356/
I only know about this due to my uncle having CoVid last year and getting monoclonal antibodies infusion therapy that took away all of his symptoms. He was not hospitalized. He was just found to have pulmonary fibrosis. This is a guy who is in terrific shape and works out 6 days a week.

If we are seeing a high rate of Pulmonary Fibrosis, the public needs to be warned that this is a possible long term effect of CoVid.

I really don't get you trying to equate the above with side effects of the vaccine. You know as well that within one year of human trials, the polio vaccine was approved. We have already had more testing on the CoVid vaccines than polio. It is time to stop playing the fear game on the vaccine.

Sure, I dont know that 100%, but people much smarter than me that have studied vaccines for their entire lives know that. What evidence do you have to the contrary?

I'll share this, please enlighten me to why they would cause long term effects?

mRNA technology has never been used as a delivery system for a vaccine. The long term impact of how it may manifest itself or not will not be known for years.

Reactions: shu09
Seems as if there is a high correlation. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7654356/
I only know about this due to my uncle having CoVid last year and getting monoclonal antibodies infusion therapy that took away all of his symptoms. He was not hospitalized. He was just found to have pulmonary fibrosis. This is a guy who is in terrific shape and works out 6 days a week.

If we are seeing a high rate of Pulmonary Fibrosis, the public needs to be warned that this is a possible long term effect of CoVid.

I really don't get you trying to equate the above with side effects of the vaccine. You know as well that within one year of human trials, the polio vaccine was approved. We have already had more testing on the CoVid vaccines than polio. It is time to stop playing the fear game on the vaccine.
Why do drug companies continue to monitor patients taking a drug for many years after launch? Why do phase 1,2,3 trials normally take 5-7 years??? For fun?

mRNA technology has never been used as a delivery system for a vaccine. The long term impact of how it may manifest itself or not will not be known for years.

HA the MRNA is out of the body within a few days. The spike protein is gone within a few weeks.

You are fear mongering based on ignorance.

HALL85 works in the healthcare industry if I'm not mistaken. I think he knows what he's talking about.

HA, and you do? Are you a doctor?

I read educated sources. You repeat debunked conspiracies. Sad.
Yeah, I’ve been under the tent with the FDA and OWS through out the pandemic and my wife runs US clinical trials for a biotech Pharma company…so yeah, I know people that are directly involved and know a lot more than I do, and certainly you. But I applaud you for reading.

Yeah, I’ve been under the tent with the FDA and OWS through out the pandemic and my wife runs US clinical trials for a biotech Pharma company…so yeah, I know people that are directly involved and know a lot more than I do, and certainly you. But I applaud you for reading.
It's your expertise in every other subject that makes you great.

So you know more than the director of a vaccine research clinic that has worked with vaccines for 30 years?

Impressive.

Reactions: HallBall02
HALL85 works in the healthcare industry if I'm not mistaken. I think he knows what he's talking about.

Why is the opinion of a stranger on a message board valued by you, but someone with 30 years of working with vaccines doesnt move the needle?

Thank you for posting Open Payments. It reveals that Paul Goepfert took $114,000 in 2017 from, you guessed it, Pfizer. Maybe he's a bit biased because of that?

So you know more than the director of a vaccine research clinic that has worked with vaccines for 30 years?

Impressive.

I never said I know more than experts. What I said is that I have interacted with many experts and listened to their insights over the past two years. There is no singular view of the long term effects. That researcher expressed his opinion.

Reactions: Pirata and shu09
I never said I know more than experts. What I said is that I have interacted with many experts and listened to their insights over the past two years. There is no singular view of the long term effects. That researcher expressed his opinion.

I don't think the mechanism of how the vaccine interacts, stimulates an immune response before being removed from the body with other waste is an opinion. It's a scientific process that's been vetted thru decades of research.

Care to share any researchers/institutions that agree with your malinformed opinion?

I don't think the mechanism of how the vaccine interacts, stimulates an immune response before being removed from the body with other waste is an opinion. It's a scientific process that's been vetted thru decades of research.

Care to share any researchers/institutions that agree with your malinformed opinion?
You do you..I don’t really care about you changing your view. I’m comfortable with the information I’ve gotten and decisions I’ve made.

You do you..I don’t really care about you changing your view. I’m comfortable with the information I’ve gotten and decisions I’ve made.

Amazing. When challenged to share a legitimate source that would provide a basis for your inaccurate stance you play turtle.

Reactions: Merge
Amazing. When challenged to share a legitimate source that would provide a basis for your inaccurate stance you play turtle.
You’re not worth it.

Why do drug companies continue to monitor a drug several years after launch? Why does it normally take 5-7 years to run clinical trials before launch? Answer that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT