ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Deaths in PA

Use common sense. If you drink 6 beers one time, you wont have long term effects, you'll like have a short term hangover. If you drink 6 beers daily you'll have health issues in the long-term. The same applies to pharmaceutical drugs that you would take over the long run, hence the need for long-term trials. This vaccine is not any of those, and as I've repeated many times is out of your system quickly. You cant find a logical way that it's going to create long term effects AND the EXPERTS have said so themselves.
Two questions:
Can you point me to an actual clinical study that supports this?

And if we were not in a pandemic, do you think the FDA would have allowed the approval of the mRNA vaccine this quickly?

He doesn't know, I don't know, you don't know, and that's entirely the point! There may or may not be effects. Only a trial and years of monitoring can determine that.

He did imply that there are long term risks that are "being suggested" but completely dodged the question about what he was talking about there. It would be nice to know what he was talking about.

It seems his theory is more that we can't now anything without a certain amount of time.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
It's a little creepy that you think you know me.

You've revealed a lot over the years. It seems the conservative you used to be is no more, that's all I'm saying. The positions you take these days are nothing like what you used to advocate for on these boards.

I get it, people change. I was a registered Democrat from age 18 until a few years ago once I realized that political parties suck and the Democrats had gone so far left. But your change has been drastic and rapid. Just a year ago you voted for Trump.

And if we were not in a pandemic, do you think the FDA would have allowed the approval of the mRNA vaccine this quickly?

Of course not, because the number of participants would have been significantly smaller and the trials would not have been running concurrently. The better question is if the FDA had as much data on any other drug/vaccine after a year and a half, would they view that as enough data to approve a drug or not?

These vaccines could still be under an EUA but received full approval because of how much data was available.

Of course not, because the number of participants would have been significantly smaller and the trials would not have been running concurrently. The better question is if the FDA had as much data on any other drug/vaccine after a year and a half, would they view that as enough data to approve a drug or not?

These vaccines could still be under an EUA but received full approval because of how much data was available.
No. Even if you assume there were ample patients to conduct a study, it still would not have been fast tracked.

This is a new delivery system that would have been required to be treated under normal circumstances.

When will Moderna and J&J receive full approval? I find it interesting that they haven't and Pfizer gets all the attention.

He did imply that there are long term risks that are "being suggested" but completely dodged the question about what he was talking about there. It would be nice to know what he was talking about.

It seems his theory is more that we can't now anything without a certain amount of time.
I didn't imply anything. Keep grasping.

I didn't imply anything. Keep grasping.
merge is being very rational and has a view that doesnt pick sides. youre the one who is grasping.

youve been relentless that covid was the sole reason causing negative. turns out suicides are down for the year of the pandemic. wow. completley wrong.

youve been relentless that covid was the sole reason causing negative. turns out suicides are down for the year of the pandemic. wow. completley wrong.
I never said that. You're grasping too.

Nope, never. Prove it

This. Isolation is not a cut and dry solution. Anti-depression, anti-anxiety prescriptions are up 20% this year...80% are first time users. Mental health issues are skyrocketing. And the average American has gained 8 pounds this year. We can expect significant increases in suicides, mental illness, diabetes and heart disease in the months and years to come.

This you?

"in the months and years ahead"

You guys are too funny. I state a position and clarify when asked. Apparently that’s not good enough for you. Great strategy at deflection. How about just talking about the issue at hand.

Hall85: covid restrictions are negatively impacting suicides and a worse blowback than the virus itself

Suicides: 📉

Hall85: 🤔 🤷‍♂️ 🙉

He meant in 2033 when the children conceived during the pandemic become teenagers and have to deal with their parents telling stories about the time they had to wear masks for a year.

You guys are too funny. I state a position and clarify when asked. Apparently that’s not good enough for you. Great strategy at deflection. How about just talking about the issue at hand.

Conversely, you can just acknowledge that the population is more resilient during a crisis than you had expected and you assumptions related to your expectations tying suicides increasing as a result of lockdowns and isolation do not appear to be correct.

Conversely, you can just acknowledge that the population is more resilient during a crisis than you had expected and you assumptions related to your expectations tying suicides increasing as a result of lockdowns and isolation do not appear to be correct.

Admit he is incorrect? This entire thread is a testament to his inability to do that.

Reactions: Merge
youve been barking up this tree for a year and youre wrong. happens. im wrong a lot. cant win em all. happens. nobodys perfect. i hope this experience is not negatively affecting your mental health, although im confident it isnt, as only covid restrictions can do that.

You think everything is fine and dandy? Prescription drug use for mental health disorders are way up, overdoses are way up, suicides are trending up, homicides in major cities are up, mental health visits are expected to continue to increase at a greater rate, large number of companies have gone to a total work from home environment. Peoples lives have been disrupted and their daily lives more restricted. Every mental health expert I have spoken to have raised these issues and long term concerns. They expect it to get worse before it gets better.

Reactions: shu09
youve been barking up this tree for a year and youre wrong. happens. im wrong a lot. cant win em all. happens. nobodys perfect. i hope this experience is not negatively affecting your mental health, although im confident it isnt, as only covid restrictions can do that.
Actually I find this quite entertaining:)

You think everything is fine and dandy?

Not all all. I think all of these issues are still here regardless of any restrictions we imposed for Covid. Teen mental health is still a problem driven by social changes and technology which you have acknowledged here previously. Drug overdoses are still a huge problem and as you noted in December 2017 -

Saw a report on CBS news the other night, but here is a link to what is our biggest human, societal and healthcare cost. All the data I've seen also indicates that it will get worse, far worse...approaching 100,000 deaths in 2018....that's equivalent to a 747 crashing every day

I just disagree with your premise when you place your blame on the imposed restrictions.
What you expected to happen didn't happen but you will keep deferring to an unknown point in time to avoid saying that you were incorrect.

Just be real. If suicides jumped by 200% in 2020, you would have been coming here saying "I told you guys" ... but they didn't go up so you just pretend that we need to wait until you are right.

Just be real. If suicides jumped by 200% in 2020, you would have been coming here saying "I told you guys" ... but they didn't go up so you just pretend that we need to wait until you are right.
Merge, that's BS. I said all along that these issues would manifest themselves over time. Like I'm supposed to have a crystal ball on exactly what the time period is, especially as the landscape continues to change. Talk to any teacher and they will tell you how this past year has retarded the social development (much less what kids learned) with some age groups struggling more than others. From the early data, suicides appear to be up in 2021. That should be concerning. Why are homicides up in most major cities?

I am only conveying what mental health experts have shared with me. Restricting a person's movement or creating more isolation is not healthy and will have long term impacts which we are already seeing. Is it the only thing? No, but it is a contributing factor.

You think everything is fine and dandy? Prescription drug use for mental health disorders are way up, overdoses are way up, suicides are trending up, homicides in major cities are up, mental health visits are expected to continue to increase at a greater rate, large number of companies have gone to a total work from home environment. Peoples lives have been disrupted and their daily lives more restricted. Every mental health expert I have spoken to have raised these issues and long term concerns. They expect it to get worse before it gets better.
but is that because of the pandemic. oh christ we already went over this and youre back to suicides. youre attempt at trying to still spin this is making me consider

but is that because of the pandemic. oh christ we already went over this and youre back to suicides. youre attempt at trying to still spin this is making me consider
Good example of a mental health issue

Not all all. I think all of these issues are still here regardless of any restrictions we imposed for Covid. Teen mental health is still a problem driven by social changes and technology which you have acknowledged here previously. Drug overdoses are still a huge problem and as you noted in December 2017 -

I just disagree with your premise when you place your blame on the imposed restrictions.
What you expected to happen didn't happen but you will keep deferring to an unknown point in time to avoid saying that you were incorrect.

merge its a well known tactic of his fearless leader. cut him some slack.

Merge, that's BS. I said all along that these issues would manifest themselves over time. Like I'm supposed to have a crystal ball on exactly what the time period is, especially as the landscape continues to change.

I'm not asking for a crystal ball.

You are just setting up your arguments that if something happens next month, you were right but if it doesn't then you just haven't been proven right yet.

You just can't see a path where your expectations were not correct.

From the early data, suicides appear to be up in 2021.

Cite?

Why are homicides up in most major cities?

Probably lots of reasons, I wouldn't rank because we had lockdowns 18 months ago very high up on that list though.

I am only conveying what mental health experts have shared with me.

Ask your mental health experts about people pulling together during times of crisis leading to lower suicide rates.

I'm not asking for a crystal ball.

You are just setting up your arguments that if something happens next month, you were right but if it doesn't then you just haven't been proven right yet.

You just can't see a path where your expectations were not correct.

Cite?

Probably lots of reasons, I wouldn't rank because we had lockdowns 18 months ago very high up on that list though.

Ask your mental health experts about people pulling together during times of crisis leading to lower suicide rates.

1–I stand by what the mental health experts have unanimously indicated to me. I’m happy to give the full credit if their predictions come true (hopefully not). Contrary to what you think this is not about me being right. Just sharing what I’ve been told. You don’t like it? Then ignore it.
2-2021 data I’ve seen is from YTD hospital data that’s not been published. We should see national numbers in early 2022.
3-I didn’t say homicides all were a direct result of “lock-downs”. Your words not mine. It is a very concerning statistic which I would hope we all agree.
4-That article was a joke. Many of his assumptions are just opinion and plain wrong. We are not eating healthier as a population. Mental health experts have raised a red flag that even though telemedicine is an effective way to treat, the loss of in person sessions has exacerbated the problem.

1–I stand by what the mental health experts have unanimously indicated to me. I’m happy to give the full credit if their predictions come true (hopefully not). Contrary to what you think this is not about me being right. Just sharing what I’ve been told. You don’t like it? Then ignore it.

Obviously none of us here are in on the conversations you are having. I have no idea if your representation of what they said is accurate or if there is a bit of bias in how you are framing it here. If I were in the room at the time, I would have posed the same questions to them

It's not that I don't like it, it is me seeing a statement and asking if that is actually true.
If you have no interest in discussing the topic, then why post it? Like you can't have any independent thoughts because your expert is infallible?

that article was a joke.

The article cited a study which showed that people inherently want to pull together during turbulent times, which may provide some insight as to why a crisis will lead to communities coming together and actually reduces suicide rates... and why the suicides in 2020 defied your expectations.

Obviously none of us here are in on the conversations you are having. I have no idea if your representation of what they said is accurate or if there is a bit of bias in how you are framing it here. If I were in the room at the time, I would have posed the same questions to them

It's not that I don't like it, it is me seeing a statement and asking if that is actually true.
If you have no interest in discussing the topic, then why post it? Like you can't have any independent thoughts because your expert is infallible?

The article cited a study which showed that people inherently want to pull together during turbulent times, which may provide some insight as to why a crisis will lead to communities coming together and actually reduces suicide rates... and why the suicides in 2020 defied your expectations.
I am always open to discussions. I shared information that was shared with me. It's their opinions and if you don't want to believe it or you don't believe I'm being truthful, that's your prerogative. Let's watch the data over time and see where it lands. It's human life....I would be thrilled if they were completely wrong on this.

No kidding, people want to pull together during a crisis. That's not something new. 9/11? I guess, I would question how is a community coming together to help individual's mental health issues? There are some things communities can be more effective rallying around. This doesn't seem like one that would have some common call to actions. I was just pointing out that a lot of that article was pure nonsense where the data says the complete opposite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT