ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Deaths in PA

I’m on the same page as the surgeon general. You used to be as well. You saw a problem and it was getting worse when you listened to the author of I-gen. I even agree with your take back then. Really wasn’t that long ago.

Now you act like it hasn’t been trending that way for a decade and want to blame everything on politicians instead.
You’re conflating issues. Some of those things have been trending but the Surgeon General has issued the advisory because of the increases caused by the pandemic. If he thought it was about smart phones and social media, wouldn’t he have indicated that?

Exactly. Doesn't mean there can't be long term effects.

Explain how that would occur. Did your doctor that advised you to take the vaccine tell you there would be long-term effects or do you argue just for the sake of argument?

You’re conflating issues. Some of those things have been trending but the Surgeon General has issued the advisory because of the increases caused by the pandemic. If he thought it was about smart phones and social media, wouldn’t he have indicated that?

Yes… he would have, and did note in his report that you didn’t read.

Explain how that would occur. Did your doctor that advised you to take the vaccine tell you there would be long-term effects or do you argue just for the sake of argument?
Because you don’t know the long term effects until you have data on adverse events over a long period of time. mRNA vaccines had a compressed clinical trial process (essentially a year), vs the 5-7 it normally takes. And it’s only been commercially administered for a year. What happens in three years if adverse events start occurring? It’s rare but it does happen and it has happened.

And once again, the drug companies did an amazing job and the FDA did the right thing by fast tracking it, but to stick your head in the sand and say there is absolutely no long term risks is wishful thinking.

Reactions: shu09
Yes… he would have, and did note in his report that you didn’t read.
I read the report….which is an advisory on what to do about the problem created by the pandemic. I know you’re just trying to be difficult about the problem you have with the premise, but that doesn’t make you right.

Why dont you ask @donnie_baseball how it works? You completely ignored his response to you.
I missed that. What he said is theoretically correct, but has not been proven though the established clinical trial process. Once again, this was a fast tracked process that is not normally followed.

I missed that. What he said is theoretically correct, but has not been proven though the established clinical trial process. Once again, this was a fast tracked process that is not normally followed.

What part of what he said is theoretical??

The MRNA is broken down and out of the body within a few days.

What part of what he said is theoretical??

The MRNA is broken down and out of the body within a few days.
Because it’s theoretical until it’s actually proven as a delivery system for vaccines. There is a reason why the clinical trial and approval process normally Thales much longer. What part of that don’t you get?

The FDA will grant an exemption to the process because of an emergency (pandemic) or compassionate use (diseases where there are no other options).

I read the report….which is an advisory on what to do about the problem created by the pandemic.

Wow… there is just no way you read it and actually believe that. It is not about problems “created by the pandemic”

Every child’s path to adulthood—reaching developmental and emotional milestones, learning healthy social skills, and dealing with problems—is different and difficult. Many face added challenges along the way, often beyond their control. There’s no map, and the road is never straight.
But the challenges today’s generation of young people face are unprecedented and uniquely hard to navigate. And the effect these challenges have had on their mental health is devastating.
Recent national surveys of young people have shown alarming increases in the prevalence of certain mental health challenges—
in 2019, one in three high school students and half of female students reported persistent feelings of sadness or hopelessness, an overall increase of 40% from 2009. We know that mental health is shaped by many factors, from our genes and brain chemistry to our relationships with family and friends, neighborhood conditions, and larger social forces and policies. We also know that, too often, young people are bombarded with messages through the media and popular culture that erode their sense of self-worth—telling them they are not good looking enough, popular enough, smart enough, or rich enough. That comes as progress on legitimate, and distressing, issues like climate change, income inequality, racial injustice, the opioid epidemic, and gun violence feels too slow.

And while technology platforms have improved our lives in important ways, increasing our ability to build new communities, deliver resources, and access information, we know that, for many people, they can also have adverse effects. When not deployed responsibly and safely, these tools can pit us against each other, reinforce negative behaviors like bullying and exclusion, and undermine the safe and supportive environments young people need and deserve.

All of that was true even before the COVID-19 pandemic dramatically altered young peoples’ experiences at home, at school, and in the community. The pandemic era’s unfathomable number of deaths, pervasive sense of fear, economic instability, and forced physical distancing from loved ones, friends, and communities have exacerbated the unprecedented stresses young people already faced.
It would be a tragedy if we beat back one public health crisis only to allow another to grow in its place. That’s why I am issuing this Surgeon General’s Advisory. Mental health challenges in children, adolescents, and young adults are real, and they are widespread. But most importantly, they are treatable, and often preventable. This Advisory shows us how.
To be sure, this isn’t an issue we can fix overnight or with a single prescription. Ensuring healthy children and families will take an all-of- society effort, including policy, institutional, and individual changes in how we view and prioritize mental health. This Advisory provides actionable recommendations for young people and their families, schools and health care systems, technology and media companies, employers, community organizations, and governments alike.
Our obligation to act is not just medical—it’s moral. I believe that, coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have an unprecedented opportunity as a country to rebuild in a way that refocuses our identity and common values, puts people first, and strengthens our connections to each other.
If we seize this moment, step up for our children and their families in their moment of need, and lead with inclusion, kindness, and respect, we can lay the foundation for a healthier, more resilient, and more fulfilled nation.

All of that was true even before the COVID-19 pandemic dramatically altered young peoples’ experiences at home, at school, and in the community. The pandemic era’s unfathomable number of deaths, pervasive sense of fear, economic instability, and forced physical distancing from loved ones, friends, and communities have exacerbated the unprecedented stresses young people already faced.
It would be a tragedy if we beat back one public health crisis only to allow another to grow in its place. That’s why I am issuing this Surgeon General’s Advisory. Mental health challenges in children, adolescents, and young adults are real, and they are widespread. But most importantly, they are treatable, and often preventable. This Advisory shows us how.
“Even before the pandemic dramatically altered young peoples lives at home, at school and in the community “….”dramatically, dramatically!!!

I guess I will have to be careful from now on and be very very specific with my statements since you like to analyze everything I write in an uber-precise fashion.

i’ll make it easy for you. I completely support the surgeon generals position. He did refer to the increase in suicides, didn’t he?
your statements are loaded. stop with the exagerration. you dont have to be super specific. thats bs. you pushed a point and were wrong stop trying to disguise it as "not being super specific"

youre pretty obsessed with the surgeon general today too. havent heard u mention him at all in the last year.

hall85 and shu09 are hust rambling now. ive noticed merge agrees with them about the current state of affairs too.

also merge just pretend the covid deaths were from vaccines and shu09 will running for the bunkers.

hall85 and shu09 are hust rambling now. ive noticed merge agrees with them about the current state of affairs too.

also merge just pretend the covid deaths were from vaccines and shu09 will running for the bunkers.

I see enough bunkers on the golf course.

• Haha
Reactions: SHUSA
“Even before the pandemic dramatically altered young peoples lives at home, at school and in the community “….”dramatically, dramatically!!!

Funny how you think I was picking a portion out earlier. I give you his entire statement and you literally leave off the first part of the sentence.

Yes, Covid dramatically altered our lives for a period of time… but he also says that the indicators for teen mental health are back to similar levels to before Covid and does not expect long term mental issues from anything related to Covid.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
your statements are loaded. stop with the exagerration. you dont have to be super specific. thats bs. you pushed a point and were wrong stop trying to disguise it as "not being super specific"

youre pretty obsessed with the surgeon general today too. havent heard u mention him at all in the last year.

Wait until he actually reads the report and realizes that the surgeon general mentions climate change and racial inequality as issues challenging the mental health of kids before any mention of Covid… He’s going to flip flip on him quicker than he did with Fauci.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Wait until he actually reads the report and realizes that the surgeon general mentions climate change and racial inequality as issues challenging the mental health of kids before any mention of Covid… He’s going to flip flip on him quicker than he did with Fauci.
his new boo? didnt know he was over alec :p

You just don’t like my positions even after I explain them numerous times (ie the clinical trail process and adverse
reporting). My job is not to convince you.

it’s funny that you also seem obsessed with my posting history. The Baldwin story is a great example of the importance of gum safety and responsibility but you have a problem for some reason why I brought it up.

Funny how you think I was picking a portion out earlier. I give you his entire statement and you literally leave off the first part of the sentence.

Yes, Covid dramatically altered our lives for a period of time… but he also says that the indicators for teen mental health are back to similar levels to before Covid and does not expect long term mental issues from anything related to Covid.
I’ve addressed this. 1) Mental health issues have been on the rise since the smart phone and social media proliferated 2) Those issues have accelerated during COVID.

Because it’s theoretical until it’s actually proven as a delivery system for vaccines. There is a reason why the clinical trial and approval process normally Thales much longer. What part of that don’t you get?

The FDA will grant an exemption to the process because of an emergency (pandemic) or compassionate use (diseases where there are no other options).

I work related to the industry so I know how the FDA works.

What does the delivery method have to do with the fact that the MRNA is quickly broken down and out of the body in 3-5 days? Explain to me like I am 5 years old how exactly the vaccine is going to all of a sudden create side effects in 5 years if it isnt in your body?

Were not talking about benzos or opioids, etc, where continuous use over time will create terrible long-term side effects.

Everybody can see it, but they just double and triple down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody can see it, but they just double and triple down. People who cant admit when they're wrong are usually narcissists.
You want me to answer a question I have already answered and you have already decided I am wrong. Too funny.

You want me to answer a question I have already answered and you have already decided I am wrong. Too funny.

You keep side stepping that MRNA is quickly broken down and out of the body in 3-5 days? Explain to me like I am 5 years old how exactly the vaccine is going to create side effects in 5 years if it isnt in your body?

Were not talking about benzos or opioids, etc, where continuous use over time will create terrible long-term side effects.

but I do not see a correlation with restrictions and suicides or overdoses.

That's a bit one dimensional.

Other factors contribute to suicide.

Loss of job for one, can't go to college, reduced access to healthcare, fear of the future, despondency, can't get drugs,

10 September 2021:

"

Pandemic increasing risk factors for suicide, UN health agency warns"​

"Studies show that the global crisis has exacerbated risk factors associated with suicidal behaviours, such as job loss, trauma or abuse, mental health disorders and barriers to accessing health care. "

"Suicide prevention must be prioritized after 18 months of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Americas office of the World Health Organization (WHO) warned ahead of World Suicide Prevention Day, commemorated annually on 10 September."

This was the Cryptoquote in today's paper, albeit they attributed it to Goethe, not Gershwin.

1372160-Ira-Gershwin-Quote-One-can-be-very-happy-without-demanding-that.jpg

You keep side stepping that MRNA is quickly broken down and out of the body in 3-5 days? Explain to me like I am 5 years old how exactly the vaccine is going to create side effects in 5 years if it isnt in your body?

I didn't side step it at all. I answered this question multiple times.

Explain to me like I am 5 years old how exactly the vaccine is going to all of a sudden create side effects in 5 years if it isnt in your body?

He doesn't know, I don't know, you don't know, and that's entirely the point! There may or may not be effects. Only a trial and years of monitoring can determine that.

He doesn't know, I don't know, you don't know, and that's entirely the point! There may or may not be effects. Only a trial and years of monitoring can determine that.

Use common sense. If you drink 6 beers one time, you wont have long term effects, you'll like have a short term hangover. If you drink 6 beers daily you'll have health issues in the long-term. The same applies to pharmaceutical drugs that you would take over the long run, hence the need for long-term trials. This vaccine is not any of those, and as I've repeated many times is out of your system quickly. You cant find a logical way that it's going to create long term effects AND the EXPERTS have said so themselves.

That's a bit one dimensional.

Other factors contribute to suicide.

I am actually on the opposite side of the one dimensional argument that Covid lockdowns/isolation caused increased suicides and drug overdose deaths. That's not to say that isolation did not impact anyone's mental health. The global pandemic absolutely does present increased risks, but also gives us an opportunity to respond to those risks as communities come together during a time of crisis.

US suicide rates dropped in 2020 compared to 2019, and while overdoses were up, that is no isolated to areas with restrictions and seems to be more attributable to the massive amount of fentanyl that came into the country.

I appreciate the logical approach that with isolation comes mental health issues... but it leaves out the other variables regarding how we respond to the increased risk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT